The bed store that advertised a 9/11 sale has closed ‘indefinitely’

totally shocking they deserved to be shut downyoutube.com/wat…_3o

11 Comments

making jokes about 9/11 is plane wrong.

Sick. If they do open again, I hope no one buys from that evil company.

Those joking about 9/11 just reveals that they are reprobates

Predikuesi

Sick. If they do open again, I hope no one buys from that evil … Sick. If they do open again, I hope no one buys from that evil company.Those joking about 9/11 just reveals that they are reprobates

Not evil, just incredibly stupid. I agree they fully deserve to go out of business for this though.

Banned

Predikuesi

Sick. If they do open again, I hope no one buys from that evil … Sick. If they do open again, I hope no one buys from that evil company.Those joking about 9/11 just reveals that they are reprobates

Black humour isn't for everyone but considering it's a company, they should've avoided for their PR.

spoo

Not evil, just incredibly stupid. I agree they fully deserve to go out of … Not evil, just incredibly stupid. I agree they fully deserve to go out of business for this though.

You may be right. I do think that someone, somewhere ought to flagged how inappropriate this commercial was before it was aired. Unless it was spontaneous, which I doubt, it must have gone been seen in rehearsals prior to it being produced. It's obviously not the work of a few people. That's why I classified it as evil ... premeditated evil.

humour is a coping mechanism. I don't think people who make jokes about death are evil. more likely they are trying to cope with there own mortality.

as a business it was a serious lack of judgment. the last 5 seconds was the only offensive bit for me. "we will never forget" in a smug manner
Edited by: "brendanhickey" 12th Sep 2016

it has to be funny and clever to be worth joking about otherwise it's just pathetic.

Isn't this a bit like our traditional Easter sales?! (Christmas marks the birth, Easter marks the death at crucifixion.) So previously businesses were shut for this holy holiday, and then businesses started to us this holiday to do sales in the sixties,

splender

Isn't this a bit like our traditional Easter sales?! (Christmas marks the … Isn't this a bit like our traditional Easter sales?! (Christmas marks the birth, Easter marks the death at crucifixion.) So previously businesses were shut for this holy holiday, and then businesses started to us this holiday to do sales in the sixties,

While that's a fair point, in this case - 'know your audience' applies in this particular issue and if the internet was available in the sixties there would be discontent from Christians.
Also, as people of all or non beliefs were affected, that increases the exposure of your own stupid marketing techniques.

Shame they might of done some decent trade in the coming days what with Hillary Clinton advertising on the same day the need for good bed rest, poor lady has pneumonia (cough).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Criminal Immigrants and British Justice - makes me proud!2137
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764004
    3. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…22
    4. Ebid over Ebay33

See more discussions