Groups

The best 144hz monitor?

Am looking for a 144hz monitor.

Looking at this one: amazon.co.uk/PG2…78Q

Are there any alternatives that are roughly no more than this?

Thanks.

4 Comments

a list is here

Depends on the features you need

Original Poster

Thanks man, do you have any knowledge or experience with monitors? I'm useless, I feel the one I chose may be the best option for me?

I have that monitor and it's great...however...

1) I would only buy it if you have an nVidia graphics card - there is an AMD Freesync version which is about £170 cheaper for exactly the same specs, but supports AMDs FreeSync instead of nVidia's G-Sync (the technology which removes screen tearing in games by lining up the refresh with new frames, rather than a fixed refresh rate like 60Hz / 144Hz)
    2) There are now IPS versions of this monitor (e.g. PG279Q) which have a better quality screen - the colours on an IPS panel are much better

I hope that helps!

Original Poster

samsharp99

I have that monitor and it's great...however...1) I would only buy it if … I have that monitor and it's great...however...1) I would only buy it if you have an nVidia graphics card - there is an AMD Freesync version which is about £170 cheaper for exactly the same specs, but supports AMDs FreeSync instead of nVidia's G-Sync (the technology which removes screen tearing in games by lining up the refresh with new frames, rather than a fixed refresh rate like 60Hz / 144Hz)2) There are now IPS versions of this monitor (e.g. PG279Q) which have a better quality screen - the colours on an IPS panel are much betterI hope that helps!

Thanks man, I pushed it a bit and went with the PG one you stated, tbf it is better but like £200 more T_T.
    Thanks for the time and effort, much appreciated.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047135
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1871349
      3. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.811
      4. What would be HELL to you?2839

See more discussions