Groups

The best curries

For the first time today I cooked my first ever Thai Green Curry. However I made it too hot, I added to much curry paste. Anyways of making it cooler without adding more liquid? Is Thai green curry supposed to have potatoes?

Also what is your fav curry. Also are there any rarer less well known curries that taste amazing?

10 Comments

i love pretty much all curries. cant beat a good madras though, home made or out a tin like pataks or veeraswamy

Chicken saag is my no.1 closely followed by a thai green curry

milk cools it down and if too runny add a bit of cornflour to thicken otherwise salt on your tongue supposed to work

Think you could add potatoes to soak up some of the spice but not necessarily eat them - not sure tho

Chicken Pasanda or Butter chicken - yummy

Add coconut milk .. to thicken just simmer until the consistency you require .. You can also add yogurt when served

chicken and lamb shashlick!!!! i could eat it for breakfast!!

Chicken Vindaloo :thumbsup:

Yeah as previously mentioned more coconut milk, also fresh coriander adds a cooling effect as well being very good for you, alternatively if you wanna get out that never used pestle and mortar make your own green curry paste to suit your required level of spice/heat.

coconut milk will help, plus make it creamy enjoy

Alfonse;3275950

Yeah as previously mentioned more coconut milk, also fresh coriander adds … Yeah as previously mentioned more coconut milk, also fresh coriander adds a cooling effect as well being very good for you, alternatively if you wanna get out that never used pestle and mortar make your own green curry paste to suit your required level of spice/heat.

I quite agree both about the coriander and make your own .... you won't go back to jars of "authentic" curries ever again.. I know I won't ever buy a jar again.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)61480
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2150
      3. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller33
      4. word association Game73944536

See more discussions