Groups

the best ISA or savings account?

i have 9-10k to put into savings what is my best opions.

also i want it so the money is avaliable anytime.

rep for help.

15 Comments

I know its frowned upon but

moneysavingexpert.com/sav…isa

I'd personally go for something that stays at least 2.5% above the basic rate that way once the banks recover it should reap

Banned

dandoc2;8569272

I know its frowned upon but … I know its frowned upon but http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-cash-isa

Why is it frowned upon? :?

DLM;8569287

Why is it frowned upon? :?

Moneysavingexpert linkage

Banned

dandoc2;8569291

Moneysavingexpert linkage

Anything that saves money shouldn't be frowned upon.

I am interested in this thread also :thumbsup:

DLM;8569308

Anything that saves money shouldn't be frowned upon.I am interested in … Anything that saves money shouldn't be frowned upon.I am interested in this thread also :thumbsup:

Northern Rock 3.00% - guranteed secure funds and savings :thumbsup:
    northernrock.co.uk/sav…f_Q

Original Poster

cheers

rep added

Banned

dandoc2;8569382

Northern Rock 3.00% - guranteed secure funds and savings … Northern Rock 3.00% - guranteed secure funds and savings :thumbsup:http://www.northernrock.co.uk/savings/isas/?utm_source=PPC&utm_medium=sponsoredlink&utm_content=GoogleNonBrand&utm_campaign=ISA&gclid=CKbwn4qkx6ECFVMB4wodlFcf_Q

Thanks I will let my fella now.

He is the one with money :-(

Question - ive got an old isa with about £3300 in its but its on line 0.05% - if i transfer it over when i open my account will i still have my £5100 allowance open for the year ??

dandoc2;8569462

Question - ive got an old isa with about £3300 in its but its on line … Question - ive got an old isa with about £3300 in its but its on line 0.05% - if i transfer it over when i open my account will i still have my £5100 allowance open for the year ??

Yes you can, to transfer isa money do not withdraw it, tell the company you are wanting to move to that you want to transfer and they will do all the paperwork for you, if you take out your old isa money thinking you can put it £8100 in a new account then you cant.

Also you can open a new isa now and transfer old isa money to somewhere completely different. Hope it makes sense

Banned

dandoc2;8569382

Northern Rock 3.00% - guranteed secure funds and savings … Northern Rock 3.00% - guranteed secure funds and savings :thumbsup:http://www.northernrock.co.uk/savings/isas/?utm_source=PPC&utm_medium=sponsoredlink&utm_content=GoogleNonBrand&utm_campaign=ISA&gclid=CKbwn4qkx6ECFVMB4wodlFcf_Q

A&L - 3.2% and goes up by whatever interest rates go up by so much better

INTEREST RATE DECISION is TODAY I believe

Banned

dandoc2;8569462

Question - ive got an old isa with about £3300 in its but its on line … Question - ive got an old isa with about £3300 in its but its on line 0.05% - if i transfer it over when i open my account will i still have my £5100 allowance open for the year ??

only if you transfer it properly

why on earth have you got money in an A/C paying interest that low? :w00t:

csiman;8569521

only if you transfer it properlywhy on earth have you got money in an A/C … only if you transfer it properlywhy on earth have you got money in an A/C paying interest that low? :w00t:

forgot about it - you know how it is when youve got too much money in accounts that arent online :thumbsup:

MANJ_007;8569494

Yes you can, to transfer isa money do not withdraw it, tell the company … Yes you can, to transfer isa money do not withdraw it, tell the company you are wanting to move to that you want to transfer and they will do all the paperwork for you, if you take out your old isa money thinking you can put it £8100 in a new account then you cant.Also you can open a new isa now and transfer old isa money to somewhere completely different. Hope it makes sense

yeh i get - think i will just keep it all in one accounts - lloyds - only paying 2.5% but its just easier to maintain and keep track of

dandoc2;8569382

But the OP was asking for a savings account with access, this one has a penalty for access, as do most ISA's paying around the 3% mark.

Inactive;8569644

But the OP was asking for a savings account with access, this one has a … But the OP was asking for a savings account with access, this one has a penalty for access, as do most ISA's paying around the 3% mark.

ah my bad :oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is1010
      2. Did you know?2951
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      4. word association Game72744169

See more discussions