Groups

The Best of R.E.M Cant Seem To Rip It Into MP3 OR Play It On PC

This has me flummoxed - I've been ripping CD's for years and never come across a CD that wouldn't even play in a PC before..

Has anyone else got the CD and experienced the same problem?

REP for any help/suggestions.

10 Comments

Original Poster

http://shop.sandbag.uk.com/REM//Content/10096.jpg

you have anydvd?

Banned

it probably launches a program, autoplay caused you to click it, and it blocks it

try putting in cd, but ignoring/cancelling autoplay then trying it

hopefully it didnt install a sony rootkit!

Original Poster

shanecr;8950969

you have anydvd?

Yes, very latest version, plus tried older versions.

jubbyme;8950982

it probably launches a program, autoplay caused you to click it, and it … it probably launches a program, autoplay caused you to click it, and it blocks ittry putting in cd, but ignoring/cancelling autoplay then trying ithopefully it didnt install a sony rootkit!

Nope, not autoplaying it, trying it with VLC, Windows media player and classic media player. It just sounds distorted and ineligible, same when ripped..

Banned

hmm, might have to search google for a few choice places to find the mp3's ....

Original Poster

jubbyme;8951014

hmm, might have to search google for a few choice places to find the … hmm, might have to search google for a few choice places to find the mp3's ....

Yeah maybe, but I do prefer my own high quality rips.. Thanks for the suggestion anyway :thumbsup:

i had this very cd, and im certain i copied it, think i used musicmate or something that came with the philips mp3 i had at the time.

Banned

Mallinersha;8951021

Yeah maybe, but I do prefer my own high quality rips.. Thanks for the … Yeah maybe, but I do prefer my own high quality rips.. Thanks for the suggestion anyway :thumbsup:

do a search for flac when you do your search, you might get lucky, im sure someone out there also cares enough to do a decent job, then you can convert flac to mp3

Original Poster

shanecr;8951024

i had this very cd, and im certain i copied it, think i used musicmate or … i had this very cd, and im certain i copied it, think i used musicmate or something that came with the philips mp3 i had at the time.

I think I will just rip it on the PS3 and transfer it across... Grr silly DRM

Original Poster

Rep for both, thanks for taking the time to reply.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764165
      2. Sad news about Barcelona24109
      3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2953
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?27121

See more discussions