Found 12th Dec 2009
Hi,

My other half has never seen the film Scrooge!!
So I would like to get a copy to watch but with so many different versions out there I was wondering what peoples fav's where to give me a idea what to buy, it can also inlcude cartoon versions (I mainly remember the duck tales version!)
Thanks and merry Xmas or maybe bah hambug

Mmachine78

22 Comments

Scroodged is my fave. Some might be on other Christmas.
Merry Christmas from me...no bah humbugs lol.

scrooge mc duck

scrooge with patrick stewart from star trek was a great version and i think one of the best...the really old one in black and white was also a good version....not seen the most recent version at the cinemas but here it is very good.

Banned

scrooge (1951) - An all time classic

imdb.com/tit…08/

lindauk;7196185

Scroodged is my fave. Some might be on other Christmas.Merry Christmas … Scroodged is my fave. Some might be on other Christmas.Merry Christmas from me...no bah humbugs lol.

That was the one with Bill Murray wasnt it. Thats my favourite too!

Mind you last weekend we went and saw the Jim Carrey one and was absolutely amazing - but the Scrooged has a lot of comedy moments in it too

csiman;7196194

scrooge (1951) - An all time classichttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044008/

Thats the one...excellent version if a little dated...

Albert Finney in Scrooge (1970) gets my vote.

lindauk;7196185

Scroodged is my fave. Some might be on other Christmas.Merry Christmas … Scroodged is my fave. Some might be on other Christmas.Merry Christmas from me...no bah humbugs lol.

+1 Loved it:-D

rob585;7196189

scrooge with patrick stewart from star trek was a great version and i … scrooge with patrick stewart from star trek was a great version and i think one of the best...the really old one in black and white was also a good version....not seen the most recent version at the cinemas but here it is very good.

Yep......agree with this:thumbsup:

Patrick Stewart is a fantastic Scrooge.....the older b&w one is with Alistair Sim also great version.

csiman;7196194

scrooge (1951) - An all time classichttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044008/

This one has the most atmosphere, it follows Dickens very closely and it is the best to capture the story. The others are fine but have subtle changes which are not really needed plus the songs!

The story is one of the best Xmas stories ever written and this old film is almost as good as reading the book which I would also recommend .... :santa:

ScroogED is the favourite in our house

Sloth/Mod

I liked the one with Bill Murray.

Oldie - Alastair Sim version
Newish - Muppet Christmas Carol lol........."Light the lamp, not the rat, light the lamp, not the rat"

Watched the new 2009 one recently and far too scary for young children!!! Quite good though

Syzable;7196474

I liked the one with Bill Murray.

I am going to go rent that today as this thread got me in the mood for it! My personal favourite - Bill Murray is a brilliant actor!

the one with albert finny is the best

Banned

mosskeeto;7196356

This one has the most atmosphere, it follows Dickens very closely and it … This one has the most atmosphere, it follows Dickens very closely and it is the best to capture the story. The others are fine but have subtle changes which are not really needed plus the songs!The story is one of the best Xmas stories ever written and this old film is almost as good as reading the book which I would also recommend .... :santa:

Spot on! I can even recall first watching this and finding it very creepy (I was very young lol). But it really does capture that chistmassy spirit and massive feel good factor at the end (sorry for the spoiler lol)

In fact, I am gonna give the colourised version a go today

Scrooged for me too.

He plays a good zombie too.

Original Poster

Thanks peeps!!
Found scrooged for £2.99 so going to buy that I think, might even check out the others too if I can get them cheap.
I can't take patrick stewart serouisly after seeing him on extras!
Cheers
Mmachine78

Carley;7196548

Muppet Christmas Carol FTW

+1 Loved that..Light the lamp not the rat haha.

Scrooge 1951 - Alistair Sim
A Christmas Carol 1984 - George C Scott
A Christmas Carol - 1938- Reginald Owen
Scrooge - 1935 - Seymour Hicks

The Muppets one

Scrooged or muppet Christmas carol.

Although there's much better Christmas films
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone got an Infrared bathroom heater?22