The Best Time & Day To End An Ebay Item??

Found 1st Jun 2007
what time and day do people end their ebay items?

what time and day do people go on ebay the most?

anyone got any selling tips?

regards

yus786

30 Comments

Personally i would say around 8pm mon-thurs as people are home from work and have had food etc and are looking for a good bargain.

For selling tips just make sure you've got a lot of pictures, a lot of information about the item you have e.g how old it is, condition, why your selling, not just specs copied and pasted from the manufactures website. Make sure the postage and packaging is clear so they know how long it will take/cost.

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

[COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=#0000ff][CENTER][COLOR=#0000ff]][COLOR=red]Steve's Ebay tips for Sellers and Buyers[/COLOR] :thumbsup: [/COLOR]
][COLOR=blue]Reward Websites including Quidco info[/COLOR] :thumbsup: [/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=black]IF YOU THINK A POST COULD BE A SCAM OR YOU THINK IT'S 'DODGY', REPORT IT BY CLICKING ON THE RED TRIANGLEON THAT POST. [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]

[COLOR=red]I'M NOT A MOD, [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]I'M JUST A REGULAR POSTER LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Sunday evenings.

Original Poster

cheers for the reply mate

how long do you make your auctions or doesnt that matter?

i normally end mine at around 9.30pm but now il make it abit earlier.

and i just changed my auctions from finishing on a friday to a wednesday

cheers

yus786

I've always found a Sunday evening quite good.

Depends what your selling and where to. A lot of my customer are in the US so ending times would be different.

As a general rule try to time it so the items end at around 7pm at the week ends.

I did notice that a lot of students seem to buy in the early hours when they have come in from the clubs, so again it does depend on what your selling and to who.

[SIZE=2]Also, start your listing on a Thursday evening, list the item for 10 days, and then it gets seen for almost 2 weekends.[/SIZE]

Original Poster

hmmm good idea

lmao i listed some items yesterday and first i did a 10 day auction, then i thought that id make it shorter to 7 days and then i read this thread and made it to 5 days and il prob change it now to 10 days.

thanks for all the help people

i sell in the UK btw

hmm sunday evenings, il try to end some there aswell.

thanks for all the advice

much appreciated

yus786

BristolDeal

[SIZE=2]Also, start your listing on a Thursday evening, list the item for … [SIZE=2]Also, start your listing on a Thursday evening, list the item for 10 days, and then it gets seen for almost 2 weekends.[/SIZE]

Good point

I usually try to end them on Monday evenings, I never ever let them end on Friday evenings or the weekends as this is when a lot of people are out.

Except Sunday nights, when most people are in.

Its probably unhelpful but the best time to buy is on a Friday night because a lot of people are out drinking etc.

Best time for selling, I've always found its good to end on a Wednesday, People seem to look more mid-week for whatever reason.

Original Poster

cheers for all the help ppl

keep on adding tips

yus786

I'd say around 18:30 - 19:45 on a Sunday Evening

I always start my auctions around 6 - 9pm on Thursdays, that way then end on Sunday evenings which is prime time and as someone else mentioned it means it's on the site for 2 weekends (assuming a 10 day list), which is when eBay is most active.

Most views are right at the beginning of an auction and right at the end.

Listing for 10 days or 7 days does not seem to make any difference on the final selling price. I can see the advantage if it was a BIN but other than that there is none.

stora

Most views are right at the beginning of an auction and right at the … Most views are right at the beginning of an auction and right at the end.Listing for 10 days or 7 days does not seem to make any difference on the final selling price. I can see the advantage if it was a BIN but other than that there is none.

agree with you there i usualy just jump in with both feet and do 1 day auctions, because you get alot more interest when your item makes it to the first page (of which the browser has searched for)

Not so much the time or day, but i used to find my best auctions finished within a week and a half week from the start of the month. Buyers tend to hold on to their money as their paypacket starts running out. Equally mid January to early March were pretty poor.
From a time and date aspect though - early Sunday evening for an auction finish

Hmmm...
We have over 1000 feedback on eBay over about 4/5 years and I have always avoided having auctions end on Fridays, Saturdays AND SUNDAYS as I just assumed that it wouldn't be as busy, though I will give it a go now - thanks!

I make mine finish at around 8-9pm Mondays to Thursdays and if I am not in too much of a rush for money then I run the auction for 10 days.

With popular and "up to date" items then I would make the auction shorter as people are usually looking to buy as soon as possible so a long auction will not give you extra bidders.

What I have found though - with popular items, I sometimes find it better to just list the auction as "Buy it now" and then you can set the price a bit higher than they are selling on auction. That way you can also set the auction for "immediate Paypal payment" which gets rid of scammers and also a good tip is to first set the auction for 3 days, then when you get just over 12 hours left (auction cannot be edited within last 12 hours) change the auction to 5 days long, then when 12 hours left change to 7 days and then 10 days, then your listing will always be near the beginning of buyers searches.

Hope this helps somebody! - please give me rep if it does :giggle:

end of the month after people have just been paid. This works for sure.

mrtootough

end of the month after people have just been paid. This works for sure.

I'll remember that. :thumbsup:

sunday 6pm-9pm

ALICOM007

sunday 6pm-9pm

My Auctions finish around 9pm on Sundays after running for 10 days.:thumbsup:

dinosteveus

My Auctions finish around 9pm on Sundays after running for 10 … My Auctions finish around 9pm on Sundays after running for 10 days.:thumbsup:

great time as people are sitting at home bored so there just on ebay buying things.(thats what i do lol :giggle: )

ALICOM007

great time as people are sitting at home bored so there just on ebay … great time as people are sitting at home bored so there just on ebay buying things.(thats what i do lol :giggle: )

It does depend on what you are selling as well.

yh i think phones sell more on sunday evening. i sold a 6230i on sunday at 8pm for £105. it was brand new for £89.99 from carphone warehouse. some ppl on ebay dont seem to look around they assume ebay is the cheapest

ALICOM007

yh i think phones sell more on sunday evening. i sold a 6230i on sunday … yh i think phones sell more on sunday evening. i sold a 6230i on sunday at 8pm for £105. it was brand new for £89.99 from carphone warehouse. some ppl on ebay dont seem to look around they assume ebay is the cheapest

You are dead right, I've been saying that for ages.
You did pretty well with your Mobile, even after fees etc, nice one.:-D

dinosteveus

You are dead right, I've been saying that for ages.You did pretty well … You are dead right, I've been saying that for ages.You did pretty well with your Mobile, even after fees etc, nice one.:-D

As pointed out, Sunday evening is a popular time, but that's what you have to remember, lots of people end then, so your item will have a lot of competition.

I just avoid Friday and Saturdy evening, and end between 8 and 10 in the evening, don't think the day matters that much.

Original Poster

ooh thats ok, my auction for 2 mobile phones and an ipod video are ending on sunday at 9.30pm so they should have alot of interest hopefully.

thanks for all the feedback people

regards

yus786
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. A new low for British politics.11
    2. So it turns out Micheal Winner is a perverted git513
    3. Ordered the Xbox One X from Argos? Delivery could be 00:01 on 07/1133
    4. And you think you are having a bad day?55

See more discussions