The best way to connect a DS to the net?

Have been looking at the Nintendo wifi usb connector for my sons DS. Are these any good and is there a cheaper way of doing it? It's going to be his money and £30 is quite a few weeks pocket money! :-)

10 Comments

Whats your current setup?
Do you have a wifi router or wifi enable pc?

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;4927306

Whats your current setup?Do you have a wifi router or wifi enable pc?

Am on standard broadband no router. PC coming up 2 years old, vista as operating system if that makes a difference

You can buy a wifi dongle for about a tenner and set it up to share the internet. It would be a little harder to set up (wont be plug and play) but will perform the same as the Nintendo thingy.

To be honest - I tried a dongle in the USB - connection kept dropping out.

I decided to get a router which I can connect everything to wirelessly!!!! Best decision I made

What are wanting to connect to the net for?

Original Poster

Great thank you. Am ignorant about things off my beaten track. What should I look for in a dongle? (sorry, childish, but that did make me laugh)

Original Poster

thesaint;4927367

What are wanting to connect to the net for?

He has a game which he can link up to a site which he is already a member of and get extras. Also other games have some internet capabilities.

Original Poster

mrspatch;4927360

To be honest - I tried a dongle in the USB - connection kept dropping … To be honest - I tried a dongle in the USB - connection kept dropping out.I decided to get a router which I can connect everything to wirelessly!!!! Best decision I made

So you have a desktop running wirelessly? Did you go through your provider or can you do it independently?

I also have tried connecting via wifi and router but just keeps saying unable to access. may be best getting a nintendo one or may be I am just useless. lol.

My PC is an old one (6 years) - hence it is not wireless.

I had to get a wired router - so it is connected by cables to my PC.

The router has wireless capabilities - so the ds, wii and whatever else can connect to it without cables - they search for an access point - nintendo has lots of pages to help on this.

I am no techno at all - but found it a lot better than dongles
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764030
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213603
    3. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1413
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 511

See more discussions