Groups

The "Brexit Effect" strikes again!!!!

The Channel 4 show The Million pound drop is back but it is now the 100k drop!!!

Obviously this is the fault of Brexit and those damn brexiters!!!

Luckily Davina has kept her job.... don't want Brexit causing unemployment too

Top comments

The thread title and post are so obviously soaked in sarcasm that it's embarrassing to see people bite.
    Edited by: "theworkingdead" 14th Jul

Original Poster

If anybody thought I was being serious you need help. Seek help.

That's going to be really sad news for the snowflakes. I never watch C4, so could care less.

Predikuesi

That's going to be really sad news for the snowflakes. I never watch C4, … That's going to be really sad news for the snowflakes. I never watch C4, so could care less.

You mean "couldn't care less".

How people get such a simple phrase wrong is beyond me.
    30 Comments

be using 10ps in the drop now probably

That's going to be really sad news for the snowflakes. I never watch C4, so could care less.

but what about Trump isnt this his fault because of Grenfell?

It's coming back as a daytime show. I don't suppose they could afford to give away up to £1 million 5 days a week.

How intelligent to use Brexit as a reason for the drop in prize money

Is it snowing anyone I'm sure I saw a flake

Original Poster

If anybody thought I was being serious you need help. Seek help.

The thread title and post are so obviously soaked in sarcasm that it's embarrassing to see people bite.
    Edited by: "theworkingdead" 14th Jul

Original Poster

dunno

It's coming back as a daytime show. I don't suppose they could afford to … It's coming back as a daytime show. I don't suppose they could afford to give away up to £1 million 5 days a week.

Yeah, kinda still feels a bit tragic.... can't see Chris Tarrant presenting "Who wants to be a 100 grander?"

To be honest the format isn't that amazing that they need to use it.

The Million pound thing was its biggest draw.

Original Poster

theworkingdead

The thread title and post are so obviously soaked in sarcasm that's its … The thread title and post are so obviously soaked in sarcasm that's its embarrassing to see people bite.

Original Poster

splender

It was due to the deadly sunspots … It was due to the deadly sunspots http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/827878/solar-flare-sunspot-nasa-tech-blackout

I'm a snowflake they really would be deadly to me

nice to see hukd provides clickbait threads now

Original Poster

mattmerch

nice to see hukd provides clickbait threads now

I have applied for a job at digital spy... I can do click bait

davewave

but what about Trump isnt this his fault because of Grenfell?

No Theresa mays

Maybe Davina Mccall snorted it all!

Predikuesi

That's going to be really sad news for the snowflakes. I never watch C4, … That's going to be really sad news for the snowflakes. I never watch C4, so could care less.

You mean "couldn't care less".

How people get such a simple phrase wrong is beyond me.

dtovey89

You mean "couldn't care less". How people get such a simple phrase wrong … You mean "couldn't care less". How people get such a simple phrase wrong is beyond me.

Sorry you're incorrect.

"I couldn't care less" = I have reached the lowest level of what I feel about that.

"I could care less" = I have not yet reached the lowest level of what I feel about that.

So, if you still can't get it, I could care less.

Predikuesi

Sorry you're incorrect."I couldn't care less" = I have reached the lowest … Sorry you're incorrect."I couldn't care less" = I have reached the lowest level of what I feel about that."I could care less" = I have not yet reached the lowest level of what I feel about that.So, if you still can't get it, I could care less.

But why would you say "I could care less" in a statement about having no interest in watching a TV channel.
    That doesn't make any sense.

I think you've got it wrong and are trying to save face but then I couldn't really care less. Could you?
    Edited by: "dtovey89" 15th Jul

dtovey89

But why would you say "I could care less" in a statement about having no … But why would you say "I could care less" in a statement about having no interest in watching a TV channel. That doesn't make any sense. I think you've got it wrong and are trying to save face but then I couldn't really care less. Could you?

No face-saving attempt here. If you research the phrase you'll find that there is an arguement for both versions. I use both, but on this occasion I feel that my distaste for the programme and channel in question has room to plummet to a deeper depth. With regards to nitpickers, well ... I couldn't care less.

Predikuesi15th Jul

No face-saving attempt here. If you research the phrase you'll find that …No face-saving attempt here. If you research the phrase you'll find that there is an arguement for both versions. I use both, but on this occasion I feel that my distaste for the programme and channel in question has room to plummet to a deeper depth. With regards to nitpickers, well ... I couldn't care less.

"I never watch C4, so could care less." reads horribly though.

"I never watch C4, so i don't care much." would have been much clearer given the context.

derp1664

"I never watch C4, so could care less." reads horribly though."I never … "I never watch C4, so could care less." reads horribly though."I never watch C4, so i don't care much." would have been much clearer given the context.

Fascinating grammar pedantry, thanks for that.

davewave23 m ago

Fascinating grammar pedantry, thanks for that.

It's called being a grammar Nazi, don't be so politically correct you big wuss.

Original Poster

derp1664

It's called being a grammar Nazi, don't be so politically correct you big … It's called being a grammar Nazi, don't be so politically correct you big wuss.

It might just be to Dave being called that is a compliment......

joanddan78 h, 51 m ago

It might just be to Dave being called that is a compliment......

Is this what you meant to write, would love to get a translation when you have time.

davewave

Is this what you meant to write, would love to get a translation when … Is this what you meant to write, would love to get a translation when you have time.

Type*

Predikuesi

No face-saving attempt here. If you research the phrase you'll find that … No face-saving attempt here. If you research the phrase you'll find that there is an arguement for both versions. I use both, but on this occasion I feel that my distaste for the programme and channel in question has room to plummet to a deeper depth. With regards to nitpickers, well ... I couldn't care less.

That's not what you meant. Stop digging that hole.

dtovey89

That's not what you meant. Stop digging that hole.

You will never make the next BGT with your level of mind reading skills.

Predikuesi

As much as this argument is petty he is right.

Predikuesi

derp1664

"I never watch C4, so could care less." reads horribly though.

CoeK

As much as this argument is petty he is right.

With an avatar such as that I'd say he was left.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764574
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2981048
      3. What is there free to do in your town?1015
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33179

See more discussions