The Commodore 64 Mini launches March 2018

Editor 30
Found 29th Sep 2017
It's the SNES Classic launch day, none of you care about this, why am I even telling you?

I think this is awesome, if not slightly overpriced by about £20 (It's £69.99).

2802321.jpg
The Commodore 64 is launching in March next year with its own joystick, 64 inbuilt games, HDMI output (scan line modes are available for nostalgia) and save features.

I'm just seeing Skool Daze and thinking "enough said". The games list is as follows...

• AlleyKat
  • Anarchy
  • Armalyte: Competition Edition
  • Avenger, Battle Valley
  • Bounder, California Games
  • Chip’s Challenge
  • Confuzion
  • Cosmic Causeway: Trailblazer II
  • Creatures
  • Cyberdyne Warrior
  • Cybernoid II: The Revenge
  • Cybernoid: The Fighting Machine
  • Deflektor
  • Everyone’s A Wally
  • Firelord
  • Gribbly’s Day Out
  • Hawkeye
  • Heartland
  • Herobotix
  • Highway Encounter
  • Hunter's Moon
  • Hysteria
  • Impossible Mission
  • Impossible Mission II
  • Insects In Space
  • Mega-Apocalypse
  • Mission A.D
  • Monty Mole
  • Monty on the Run
  • Nebulus
  • Netherworld
  • Nobby the Aardvark
  • Nodes Of Yesod
  • Paradroid
  • Pitstop II
  • Rana Rama
  • Robin Of The Wood
  • Rubicon
  • Skate Crazy
  • Skool Daze
  • Slayer
  • Snare
  • Speedball
  • Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe
  • Spindizzy
  • Star Paws
  • Steel
  • Stormlord
  • Street Sports Baseball
  • Summer Games II
  • Super Cycle
  • Temple of Apshai Trilogy
  • The Arc Of Yesod
  • Thing Bounces Back
  • Thing on a Spring
  • Trailblazer
  • Uchi Mata
  • Uridium
  • Who Dares Wins II
  • Winter Games
  • World Games
  • Zynaps

2802321.jpg
For more info on the C64 Mini, check out the official site here.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
This is getting ridiculous now. Won't be long before they bring out a Mini Classic Hoop and Stick.
30 Comments
Original Poster Editor
Shopto have jumped on with the pre-orders.
This is getting ridiculous now. Won't be long before they bring out a Mini Classic Hoop and Stick.
Original Poster Editor
deeky1 m ago

This is getting ridiculous now. Won't be long before they bring out a Mini …This is getting ridiculous now. Won't be long before they bring out a Mini Classic Hoop and Stick.

How's the SNES Mini?
Edited by: "BuzzDuraband" 29th Sep 2017
BuzzDuraband3 m ago

How's the SNES Mini?

Not opened it yet, it's not mine
No pyjamarama? No bruce lee? No grogs revenge?
Games line up is like is that it?

Clearly missing a lot due to licencing such as Commando, I'm assuming thats why theres no Shadow of the beast, nemesis the warlock etc.

No excuse for the lack of way of the exploring fist and IK+ in my opinion.
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 29th Sep 2017
deeky17 m ago

This is getting ridiculous now. Won't be long before they bring out a Mini …This is getting ridiculous now. Won't be long before they bring out a Mini Classic Hoop and Stick.

There's a lot of money to be made from nostalgia it seems.

@BuzzDuraband - I had to look through the website to find the price of the console after your OP intrigued me - "I think this is awesome, if not slightly overpriced by about £20". It might be worth putting the price in the OP too

I agree though. At £70 I don't think it will appeal to the masses like Nintendo's equivalents have. I think even at £50 it is expensive for what it is.
Sad to see some important games missing such as way of the exploding fist and all those llamasoft games (Attack of the mutant camels, hover bover etc).
Also Daley Thompson's Decathlon, which IMO was responsible for the first sets of RSI in computer gamers.
Original Poster Editor
RossD891 m ago

There's a lot of money to be made from nostalgia it seems.@BuzzDuraband - …There's a lot of money to be made from nostalgia it seems.@BuzzDuraband - I had to look through the website to find the price of the console after your OP intrigued me - "I think this is awesome, if not slightly overpriced by about £20". It might be worth putting the price in the OP too I agree though. At £70 I don't think it will appeal to the masses like Nintendo's equivalents have. I think even at £50 it is expensive for what it is.

Ah, my apologies bud. I did put the Shopto pre-order into comment one, but I'll amend the OP to include
Have they deliberately avoided using the Commodore name? doesn't seem to say it anywhere on the official c64 site linked in the OP.
BuzzDuraband6 m ago

I did put the Shopto pre-order into comment one, but I'll amend the OP to …I did put the Shopto pre-order into comment one, but I'll amend the OP to include

So you did.

I didn't see that
When's the Mini MS DOS Classic coming out? With editable autoexec/config.sys file and only 2mb of memory that you have to allocate in various ways to get Doom to work?
Original Poster Editor
RossD898 m ago

At £70 I don't think it will appeal to the masses like Nintendo's …At £70 I don't think it will appeal to the masses like Nintendo's equivalents have. I think even at £50 it is expensive for what it is.

Yeah, I totally agree with the pricing. That said I feel the NES Classic and the SNES Classic are both overpriced for what they are but can I completely understand why people want them. I suppose there is comparison in the games qualities to somebody dependant on their era of gaming (some may find the C64 to be utter trash), If you grew up with the C64 then the chances are that you equally enjoyed Nintendo's quality titles the first time around, too. It's all about them bloody casings

Most people know that a complete system could be built using a Raspberry Pi for less money than one of these units (I think mine weighed in at around £55 with a 128GB SD card), but at the end of the day (as previously mentioned) I think it's the actual units that are appealing to the masses, this could also be the case with the Mini C64.

Let me know when a Mini Spectrum 128K is talked about, then I'll be in
Destard4 m ago

Have they deliberately avoided using the Commodore name? doesn't seem to …Have they deliberately avoided using the Commodore name? doesn't seem to say it anywhere on the official c64 site linked in the OP.

The name was sold on but I can't remember to who?
I never had a Commodore 64, just a ZX Spectrum.
I did play Ghostbusters on one though. I remember being well impressed with the sound on it compared to the Spectrum.
Destard17 m ago

Sad to see some important games missing such as way of the exploding fist …Sad to see some important games missing such as way of the exploding fist and all those llamasoft games (Attack of the mutant camels, hover bover etc).Also Daley Thompson's Decathlon, which IMO was responsible for the first sets of RSI in computer gamers.

Good point about llamasoft has anyone asked him yet about this? It seems very strange
still have the original in the back of the cupboard!
I shall have it!

No Turrican though?

Humph

Or Sensible World of Soccer for that matter.

Double Humph
Edited by: "majestic2012" 29th Sep 2017
Who wants a C64? Now an Amiga including sensible soccer
deleted800342
Was Back to Skool on the commodore or was it a spectrum exclusive?
deeky1 h, 46 m ago

Not opened it yet, it's not mine

I didn't think that stopped you in the past, all in the name of ensuring they'll be no disappointment on Xmas day . If I've got you muddled up with someone else, please accept my apologies.
will I have to wait hours for the game to load and then tape stops half way through and you have to load it all over again
OllieSt15 m ago

I didn't think that stopped you in the past, all in the name of ensuring …I didn't think that stopped you in the past, all in the name of ensuring they'll be no disappointment on Xmas day . If I've got you muddled up with someone else, please accept my apologies.

hotukdeals.com/com…648

OllieSt17 m ago

I didn't think that stopped you in the past, all in the name of ensuring …I didn't think that stopped you in the past, all in the name of ensuring they'll be no disappointment on Xmas day . If I've got you muddled up with someone else, please accept my apologies.

*sheepish grin.Gif
RossD8927 m ago

https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/28341648

Is that you fanpages
deeky13 m ago

Is that you fanpages

I actually thought that Ollie had mistaken you for Hari
Edited by: "RossD89" 29th Sep 2017
c64-wiki.com/wik…DTV

Looks like a new edition of the C64 Direct to TV that Jeri Ellsworth originally designed.
I can see them bringing out a Mini PS4 classic pro and an Xbox one X classic..
Ooooh loved a cheeky go on Kick Start
Speedball and Uridium, those were the days!
Edited by: "ChrissyBoy" 30th Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants