Expired

The complete history of HUKD

Found 10th MarEdited by:"deleted1166706"
Could the community contribute to a timeline of HUKD history? Start date, milestones, changes....

Any information is appreciated, I'll update as we go in the 1st post.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
61 Comments
deleted1166706
Founded: August 2004

2005: @BigDave Joins the site

07/03/2005 - First Hot Deal - A coupon code for £1 off DVD's at CDWOW.
hotukdeals.com/vou…979

Big gap

November 2010: Flamedeer - A seasonal site giveaway in the form of collectable tokens is launched, the event has grown year on year with prizes ranging from vouchers for popular retailers to iPhone X's in the latest 2017 event.

01/03/2018: T&C's change - Political and religious discussion is prohibited.
Edited by: "deleted1166706" 10th Mar
Just read Wikipedia.....
deleted1166706
cmdr_elito2 m ago

Just read Wikipedia.....

I'm struggling to find a wiki page, admittedly, it could be me. I also wanted to get any changes that occured put into a timeline.
deleted1166706
fanpages1 m ago

"VB1: *OFFICIAL* MISC GLOSSARY AND WHO'S WHO"

Welcome back.
alltaken12310th Mar

I'm struggling to find a wiki page, admittedly, it could be me. I also …I'm struggling to find a wiki page, admittedly, it could be me. I also wanted to get any changes that occured put into a timeline.

There used to be a dedicated page, but it has been removed.

You do find odd references to Pepper.com, though.
In the beginning there was Deeky......

Before the beginning there was Deeky.......
33417377-yf2nS.jpg

we are rewriting history it is like the new coc never happened
Edited by: "Wongy110" 10th Mar
Wongy11014 m ago

In the beginning there was deeky......[Image]

You mean, “Before the beginning there was Deeky....”
Oneday773 m ago

You mean, “Before the beginning there was Deeky....”

If it makes you happy 33417469-t3xrv.jpg
Wongy1106 m ago

If it makes you happy [Image]

It does, though maybe not Atlas himself.
History - was great now pants.
I joined in 2005. Put that on your timeline
deleted1166706
When did FS/FT begin/end?
deleted1166706
Has the measurement of a deal always been in degrees?
Edited by: "deleted1166706" 10th Mar
Hahaha I was kidding. To answer your questions, as far as I can remember, the deals have always been measured in heat
2010 was the first Flamedeer competition and it was awful. Even more awful than it was every year afterwards.
33417703-pdksp.jpg

deleted5795910th Mar

All you need to know is the date I joined and how the site was for the …All you need to know is the date I joined and how the site was for the better!

Do you mean you ruined it when you joined, or just since your member name change?
2017 was a good year as gifs no longer auto play. Good times.

Plus the subreddit was created in 2016, good place.

Regulars changed their names, posted same crap, haters got mad.
deleted1166706
benjammin31610 m ago

2017 was a good year as gifs no longer auto play. Good times.Plus the …2017 was a good year as gifs no longer auto play. Good times.Plus the subreddit was created in 2016, good place.Regulars changed their names, posted same crap, haters got mad.

An official subreddit?
deleted1166706
Anyone for the first time Black Friday and Cyber Monday respectively became an event?
deleted1166706
I'm not on Facebook, is it possible for one of you to check the official page creation date?
deleted1166706
Twitter channel creation date?
deleted1166706
WhatsApp group creation date?
alltaken12310th Mar

When did FS/FT begin/end?

Taken from the (curiously) now-deleted "Feedback" thread "FS Forum Changes - Important" describing the timetable of events in early 2017...

Feb 22 - Sitewide notification and feedback thread published
Mar 8 - Submit to FS/T forum closed. Banner added to section requesting Lokal migration.
Now-March 16 - FS/T team will actively need to monitor open threads and encourage resolution before month end. Anything left open by month end can be locked and user can be redirected to Lokal
March 08 - Opt in closes
March 09 - All opt-ins are imported to Lokal, full handover to Lokal team on any outstanding issues.
March 16 - Comments closed (all issues should be resolved before this)
March 20 - FS/T section is removed from HotUKDeals. Navigation to Lokal is added and handovers are completed.

Snakeyes joined and owned fs/ft =D
eslick52 m ago

Maybe we should call it 2017 paid for ads started to appear. They say they …Maybe we should call it 2017 paid for ads started to appear. They say they don’t but if you can’t see say a plusnet deal anywhere other than here and it’s not directly available then it’s an advert. Similarly with some of the China deals not the obvious ones 40 odd deals posted by people connected with the site and two posted by members. What’s the saying if it looks a duck

I think I must have quacked As a totally inoffensive comment of mine has just been removed Why ? beats me , a totally factual and relevant comment on the history of HUKD ?
Edited by: "rogparki" 10th Mar
deleted1166706
@rogparki It seems to be hearsay.I’m looking for definitive events, thank you all the same!
rogparki13 m ago

I think I must have quacked As a totally inoffensive comment of …I think I must have quacked As a totally inoffensive comment of mine has just been removed Why ? beats me , a totally factual and relevant comment on the history of HUKD ?

New c of c you can’t talk about the religion that is hotukdeals
alltaken12310th Mar

@rogparki It seems to be hearsay.I’m looking for definitive events, thank y …@rogparki It seems to be hearsay.I’m looking for definitive events, thank you all the same!

Fair enough , Its HUKD's ball they can allow which comments they wish . But isn't your well intentioned question a bit pointless when an HUKD Mod removes posts detailing the "defining moments" they prefer not to be noticed /discussed ?
Edited by: "rogparki" 10th Mar
deleted5795910th Mar

All you need to know is the date I joined and how the site was for the …All you need to know is the date I joined and how the site was for the better!

fanpages10th Mar

Do you mean you ruined it when you joined, or just since your member name …Do you mean you ruined it when you joined, or just since your member name change?

deleted5795910th Mar

You think I ruin the site?

Perhaps you didn't type what you intended to within your first comment, hari'.
deleted5795910th Mar

Maybe but now I feel sad..

Thinking about all the changes over the years, we probably all feel that way.
rogparki48 m ago

Fair enough , Its HUKD's ball they can allow which comments they wish . …Fair enough , Its HUKD's ball they can allow which comments they wish . But isn't your well intentioned question a bit pointless when an HUKD Mod removes posts detailing the "defining moments" they prefer not to be noticed /discussed ?

Exactly why I have not replied to most of the queries, as I know pointing to some threads will cause their disappearance.
22nd September 2008 - The most racially offensive username to go whoosh over the mods' heads is registered and remains an active member to this day.
deleted1166706
Rubisco6 m ago

22nd September 2008 - The most racially offensive username to go whoosh …22nd September 2008 - The most racially offensive username to go whoosh over the mods' heads is registered and remains an active member to this day.

Have you reported it?
alltaken12310th Mar

Have you reported it?

They've been deleting comments in this thread so I guess I have now
deleted1166706
@Admin Do you still own the site after merging with Pepper?
alltaken12310th Mar

@Admin Do you still own the site after merging with Pepper?

Are you referring to Paul (previous Admin, & co-shareholder of Pepper Deals Limited) or juliet' (present Admin)?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants