The cost of moving schools

Found 19th Nov 2017
  • Hi me and my family have resently moved house and my daughter 14 and son 11 have both started a new secondary school.
That ment I had to buy them both a full brand new uniform. Do you think my cost for my kids new uniform was reasonable and how does it compare to your cost ?
My kids uniform
school round neck jumper with school logo £11
school polo shirt with school logo £9
black school trousers £7
daughters school shoes £6
sons school shoes £3
i bought them both 2 of everything
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
That’s cheap!
Original Poster Banned
Xboxgamer3212 m ago

That’s cheap!

It was compared to there old school where the blazer costed £27 alone
Thetree1001 m ago

It was compared to there old school where the blazer costed £27 alone

I paid over £200 for my son
Original Poster Banned
Xboxgamer32115 m ago

I paid over £200 for my son

There old school was a lot more expensive but I think my kids new school is cheap because it's a basic uniform and they even allow cheap plain black canvas lace up pumps as an alternative to school shoes.
There's not even any PE kit there, both my kids schools ( now left) had logo branded everything , rugby top alone cost more than your spend above for a set of uniform . Fair play if you get get away with it on that budget, but surely at their age you need to wash their tops every day, so I don't know how they are coping on two each
Original Poster Banned
tinkerbellian39 m ago

There's not even any PE kit there, both my kids schools ( now left) had …There's not even any PE kit there, both my kids schools ( now left) had logo branded everything , rugby top alone cost more than your spend above for a set of uniform . Fair play if you get get away with it on that budget, but surely at their age you need to wash their tops every day, so I don't know how they are coping on two each

I Wash them once a week. I forgot the pe kit the tops cost £10 pe shorts £9
and pe jacket was £15
Edited by: "Thetree100" 19th Nov 2017
Amazingly cheap.
You're lucky your 14 yr old daughter will wear £6 shoes, round here they all want and wear kickers or the like.
Clarks shoes cost in excess of £40, where and what sort of school shoes can you buy for only £3
You're back are you? Been a while since you posted a school uniform post. Yawn!
postmang3 h, 47 m ago

You're back are you? Been a while since you posted a school uniform post. …You're back are you? Been a while since you posted a school uniform post. Yawn!

Exactly what I was thinking! Lol
What I want to know is WHY is this person so obsessed with cheap canvas school shoes? Do they want someone to start an argument with them about how bad they are etc?
I don't have children, but that is pretty cheap compared to most other schools I went to!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants