The Daily Mail at it again..

Found 6th Feb
The Daily Mail are now stealing academics work without credit. I am not intending this to be a hate thread, I am just making people aware of some of the unethical activities that the Mail carries out.

2889760-OXNhv.jpg
Link to article: dailymail.co.uk/new…tml
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I'm still surprised there hasn't been some kind of class action suit against the Daily Mail for all the racial hatred they've stirred up over the years.
22 Comments
I'm still surprised there hasn't been some kind of class action suit against the Daily Mail for all the racial hatred they've stirred up over the years.
I wouldn't expect anything less, its what happens when you ditch journalists for cheap Interns who can trawl google for stories.

Guardian is going the same way, their investigative journalism is fantastic, sadly now being ruined by click bait "opinion" articles.
If Martin O'Leary posted the charts on Twitter, are they not then in the public domain? If so, how is it theft? Also the newspaper did give him credit.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 6th Feb
Uranus6th Feb

I'm still surprised there hasn't been some kind of class action suit …I'm still surprised there hasn't been some kind of class action suit against the Daily Mail for all the racial hatred they've stirred up over the years.

I will leave this space for you to post some examples.....
Predikuesi11 m ago

If Martin O'Leary posted the charts on Twitter, are they not then in the …If Martin O'Leary posted the charts on Twitter, are they not then in the public domain? If so, how is it theft? Also the newspaper did give him credit.

That isn't how it works no. He is free to allow whoever he wants to use his work and equally free to stop them using it.
Graham19793 m ago

I will leave this space for you to post some examples.....

How far back would you like to go?

Could start with Hurrah for the Blackshirts and draw a line to them calling judges Enemies of the People.

Your ignorance of their history of disgrace is not a sound defence of their values and record.
I mean except for the Guardian and BBC News (both need a little pinch of salt), no one should even take anything serious in another other news papers, they are all trash!
Edited by: "darthbacca37" 6th Feb
darthbacca376th Feb

I mean except for the Guardian and BBC News (both need a little pinch of …I mean except for the Guardian and BBC News (both need a little pinch of salt), no one should even take anything serious in another other news papers, they are all trash!

Massive pinch of salt required for ALL news sources these days.
CoeK59 m ago

That isn't how it works no. He is free to allow whoever he wants to use …That isn't how it works no. He is free to allow whoever he wants to use his work and equally free to stop them using it.

Nope that's pretty much how it works, they are public domain and the poster has made no attempt to secure rights.
Edited by: "catbeans" 6th Feb
DKLS31 m ago

Except that the BBC presents itself as, indeed has a charter that requires it to be, impartial and fair. Instead, it has its own left wing agenda and is scrupulous in ignoring the active politics of some of the people it presents as knowledgeable interview. You must believe in

Climate Change
the Dalai Jezza
the unspeakable folly BREXIT/stopping BREXIT at all costs
LGBTetc exclusive shortlists for panel shows
BBC Foreign Policy in respect of the EU/USA

to even get an interview as a member of the public
ccnp4 m ago

Except that the BBC presents itself as, indeed has a charter that requires …Except that the BBC presents itself as, indeed has a charter that requires it to be, impartial and fair. Instead, it has its own left wing agenda and is scrupulous in ignoring the active politics of some of the people it presents as knowledgeable interview. You must believe in Climate Changethe Dalai Jezzathe unspeakable folly BREXIT/stopping BREXIT at all costsLGBTetc exclusive shortlists for panel showsBBC Foreign Policy in respect of the EU/USAto even get an interview as a member of the public

And yet I'll see similar comments arguing that its far too far to the right, especially individuals like Nick Robinson and John Humphreys.

That suggests to most people that they're getting it right if nuts on both side are accusing them of bias.
catbeans23 m ago

Nope that's pretty much how it works, they are public domain and the …Nope that's pretty much how it works, they are public domain and the poster has made no attempt to secure rights.

Except that isn't how it works.
ccnp18 m ago

Except that the BBC presents itself as, indeed has a charter that requires …Except that the BBC presents itself as, indeed has a charter that requires it to be, impartial and fair. Instead, it has its own left wing agenda and is scrupulous in ignoring the active politics of some of the people it presents as knowledgeable interview. You must believe in Climate Changethe Dalai Jezzathe unspeakable folly BREXIT/stopping BREXIT at all costsLGBTetc exclusive shortlists for panel showsBBC Foreign Policy in respect of the EU/USAto even get an interview as a member of the public

Not sure what definition of impartial they are using at the beeb.It doesn't match the Oxford dictionary definition.

I had an interview at media city last year, out of many interviews I have had over the years, it has been the only interview I have attended where I have been asked my politics.

So glad I didn't get it, i know the guy who did get it and he describes the culture as being toxic.
DKLS1 h, 1 m ago

actually, thats fair!
CoeK2 h, 49 m ago

That isn't how it works no. He is free to allow whoever he wants to use …That isn't how it works no. He is free to allow whoever he wants to use his work and equally free to stop them using it.

Oh ok. I forbid you to quote anything I have written on this thread © Predikuesi 2018. Is that the way it works?
Predikuesi41 m ago

Oh ok. I forbid you to quote anything I have written on this thread © …Oh ok. I forbid you to quote anything I have written on this thread © Predikuesi 2018. Is that the way it works?

No i'm afraid not, however if you attach something that is a diagram or an illustration to the post that you have had to put work into creating then i would need your permission.

The Daily Mail obviously knew this which is why they asked for permission in the first place.
Predikuesi4 h, 46 m ago

If Martin O'Leary posted the charts on Twitter, are they not then in the …If Martin O'Leary posted the charts on Twitter, are they not then in the public domain? If so, how is it theft? Also the newspaper did give him credit.

It remains his intellectual property even if posted on Twitter. The only other party who could grant consent for the material to be used by third parties would be Twitter as outlined in their terms of service - which is agreed upon when creating an account - but I doubt is the case in this instance.
tempt3 h, 2 m ago

They are sinking lower and …They are sinking lower and lower.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5358437/Morgue-man-fired-sex-dead-Big-Brother-entrant.html

Some of the comments on that article are pretty depressing
darthbacca376th Feb

I mean except for the Guardian and BBC News (both need a little pinch of …I mean except for the Guardian and BBC News (both need a little pinch of salt), no one should even take anything serious in another other news papers, they are all trash!

You take the Biased Bull Corporation "News" seriously?
The amount of news bias this country is presented with would make Kim Jong Un proud
118luke6 h, 46 m ago

You take the Biased Bull Corporation "News" seriously?

with salt and some double checking on reddit etc. but tbh, I dont tend to watch the news much, dont know what to believe most of the time
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants