Groups

the damge done

has anyone read this book, it's aboout a guy who spent 12 years in bangkok prison.
    Really reallly good

8 Comments

who is the author please

Read it a few years back - its super good

Have some rep for reminding to find it on the bookshelf :thumbsup:

Amazon:Books:The Damage Done: Twelve Years of Hell in a Bangkok Prison:Warren Fellows

yeah its quality, the bit I found amazing was when the prisoners would be put in huge rattan balls to be kicked around by elephants

Original Poster

unkleblacky;3963825

yeah its quality, the bit I found amazing was when the prisoners would be … yeah its quality, the bit I found amazing was when the prisoners would be put in huge rattan balls to be kicked around by elephants

yeah it's so surreal.
    I thought the bit at the very beginning where he talks about one night when a man was screaming in the cell next door, when he was finally allowed in to go and help he found a lump on the side of the guys neck that was moving. Then he goes on to explain how a cockroach had burrowed through his ear and had laid eggs in his neck.

Really graphic stuff but definetly sets the tone to the book.
    :thumbsup:

thanks will take a look at that

Ordered this book the other day after reading this post.
    In one word fantastic, and i'm only at chapter 2 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278966
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      3. What is there free to do in your town?25
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions