The Dark Knight Trilogy remastered in 4K UHD. Released December 18.

Found 20th Nov 2017Edited by:"F.D."
It's official! The Dark Knight Trilogy will be released 18th December.

[Current cheapest pre-order - Zavvi at £39.99]

2832814.jpg

Christopher Nolan's acclaimed Batman trilogy premieres on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray just in time for Christmas.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release Batman Begins, The Dark Knightand The Dark Knight Rises as individual 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays as well as an eight-disc 4K trilogy box set. The 4K remasters were personally overseen by Nolan, whose most recent films — including The Prestige, Inception, Interstellarand Dunkirk — will also see upgrades on the format, which "allows viewers to more accurately experience the filmmaker’s original vision, offering consumers brighter, deeper, more lifelike colors for a home entertainment viewing experience like never before."
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Just in time for crimbo, nice... can't wait to watch the lorry chase scene in the dark knight in 4k!
24 Comments
Just in time for crimbo, nice... can't wait to watch the lorry chase scene in the dark knight in 4k!
deleted1431257
One great film, One superb film and One alright film.
hass1231 h, 47 m ago

The alright film being dark knight rises?
Snakeyes64644 m ago

The alright film being dark knight rises?

Imo the first one is horrible, the other two I liked.
hass1232 h, 59 m ago

And all of them better than that horrible one with Ben Affleck
KM435318 h, 12 m ago

Imo the first one is horrible, the other two I liked.

I like the first one more and more everytime I watch it.... I didn't like it at first.. the dark knight is one of my favourite films ever.
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 21st Nov 2017
The Dark Knight is just amazing.
£39.99 on Zavvi now
The Nolan collection is the one to get.
Got the Batman set pre-ordered, keep looking for the collection but unable to find anyone in UK with a pre-ordewr?
flipfella15 h, 1 m ago

Got the Batman set pre-ordered, keep looking for the collection but unable …Got the Batman set pre-ordered, keep looking for the collection but unable to find anyone in UK with a pre-ordewr?

dvd-store.it/DVD…spx - will ship to the UK, and the DVD/BR copies should be the correct region. But yeah, a proper UK retailer would be better
stevenjameshyde1 h, 5 m ago

https://www.dvd-store.it/DVD/4K--ULTRA--HD/ID-62443/Christopher-Nolan-Collection-7-4K-Ultra-HD-11-Blu-Ray-Disc-1-DVD.aspx - will ship to the UK, and the DVD/BR copies should be the correct region. But yeah, a proper UK retailer would be better

Brilliant that it includes Dunkirk too, I'm a massive Nolan fan, Inception still blows my mind and the soundtracks to pretty much all his films are also amazing (thanks to Hans Zimmer)
stevenjameshyde2 h, 58 m ago

https://www.dvd-store.it/DVD/4K--ULTRA--HD/ID-62443/Christopher-Nolan-Collection-7-4K-Ultra-HD-11-Blu-Ray-Disc-1-DVD.aspx - will ship to the UK, and the DVD/BR copies should be the correct region. But yeah, a proper UK retailer would be better

I was hoping for a bigger saving you can buy all separate at zavvi for about £130. And €130 is about £116. So not much saving

Thanks for the link though
Edited by: "flipfella" 29th Nov 2017
mk821st Nov

The Nolan collection is the one to get.

No, only the individual titles come with digital 4k versions
zoso13131 h, 35 m ago

No, only the individual titles come with digital 4k versions

Digital?
I really enjoyed them, it's one of my favourite series. It's just a shame the Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises have such similar plots. Both the City Islands being terrorised, the bridges are blown if people try to leave etc.
mk87th Dec

Digital?

Yes, the digital version will be 4k with individual ones.
Anyone else sick of spending £1500 on an OLED TV to have 4K Blu rays look grainy? I have this box set, and the grain is hugely exaggerated in some scenes, and the same in many others I have. It’s driving me mental!
djjordan232 h, 4 m ago

Anyone else sick of spending £1500 on an OLED TV to have 4K Blu rays look …Anyone else sick of spending £1500 on an OLED TV to have 4K Blu rays look grainy? I have this box set, and the grain is hugely exaggerated in some scenes, and the same in many others I have. It’s driving me mental!

Nope. Not in the slightest sick of it. Films have grain. It’s how they are designed and shot (on film). It isn’t a fault, you’re just not used to seeing it back in the days of dvd because of technological limitations. It’s supposed to be there.

When film studios attempt to scrub it out with digital noise reduction, you end up with a release like Predator was on bluray. Grain free but absolutely zero detail and every person looks like a wax model from Madame Tussauds.

So if anything, it would be a waste of money buying all these 4K tvs to have those grain heavy films have their detail wiped out.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 31st Dec 2017
Biddy23 h, 57 m ago

Nope. Not in the slightest sick of it. Films have grain. It’s how they are …Nope. Not in the slightest sick of it. Films have grain. It’s how they are designed and shot (on film). It isn’t a fault, you’re just not used to seeing it back in the days of dvd because of technological limitations. It’s supposed to be there. When film studios attempt to scrub it out with digital noise reduction, you end up with a release like Predator was on bluray. Grain free but absolutely zero detail and every person looks like a wax model from Madame Tussauds. So if anything, it would be a waste of money buying all these 4K tvs to have those grain heavy films have their detail wiped out.

Agree/disagree.... older films, actually filmed on actual film I agree. If it’s filmed with a 4k camera, digitally, why are they adding the grain in. The best example is all of the Marvel series on Netflix, they look horrendous!
djjordan2338 m ago

Agree/disagree.... older films, actually filmed on actual film I agree. If …Agree/disagree.... older films, actually filmed on actual film I agree. If it’s filmed with a 4k camera, digitally, why are they adding the grain in. The best example is all of the Marvel series on Netflix, they look horrendous!

Hate to break it to you but the dark knight was filmed in 70mm IMAX film as well as the majority of Nolan’s stuff
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 31st Dec 2017
Dannyrobbo1 h, 12 m ago

Hate to break it to you but the dark knight was filmed in 70mm IMAX film …Hate to break it to you but the dark knight was filmed in 70mm IMAX film as well as the majority of Nolan’s stuff

Fair play, but I’m not just talking about this movie, I’m talking about films where grain is being added as opposed to being there when filmed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants