Groups

The Digital Switchover

Was just wonderin.....

If I can get channels 1-5 from my current roof aerial but only get channels 3 and 4 on Freeview from the same aerial, after the digital switchover, should I be able to get the full Freeview range from the current aerial.

My thinking is that after the Switchover, the freeview signals will be boosted and be better broadcast. Does anyone know?

13 Comments

no the switchover means the analogue signal wil be trned off. It may be that you need to upgrade your ariel to cope with digital signals.

The freeview signal will be boosted once the analogue gets turned off.
    Whether or not it will be straight away I dont know.

i had the same problem , had to upgrade the ariel:x

scotland121;5136481

i had the same problem , had to upgrade the ariel:x

What sort of price are we talking here?
    My internal arial is pretty rubbish so I'm guessing it will need replacing. How costly is it?

Babbabooey;5136508

What sort of price are we talking here?My internal arial is pretty … What sort of price are we talking here?My internal arial is pretty rubbish so I'm guessing it will need replacing. How costly is it?

I think it's around £130 or something, but I don't know - Still living at home and don't deal with the finances :P But that ball-park sounds familiar.

If you are able to put an aerial up yourself it should cost no more than £35-£40 with cable

deathtrap3000;5136442

The freeview signal will be boosted once the analogue gets turned … The freeview signal will be boosted once the analogue gets turned off.Whether or not it will be straight away I dont know.

wow really? i didnt know that. thanks for the info

Knowing how bad I am at DIY I think i'll leave it up to the professional's!
    The damage repairs after I have a go would be more than £130 without a doubt!!

Digital signals WILL be boosted after DSO. They can't do it at the moment because it interferes with analogue

I think that you may possibly need a digital aerial aswell. You may be better checking on this website digitaluk.co.uk/how…tch

They do say that most aerials will be okay, but I think tha may depend on how old your aerial is!

Original Poster

peodude;5136683

Digital signals WILL be boosted after DSO. They can't do it at the moment … Digital signals WILL be boosted after DSO. They can't do it at the moment because it interferes with analogue

Yeah thats what im hoping. I live in the city so its not like I should encounter problems.

I think there will be abit of an outrage should they switch off analogue signals and people receive LESS channels than before, more so, the channels that are paid by TV licences.

Oh, and 'digital' aerials are just a scam. An 'analogue' aerial will work just the same. They're just so people think that they have to buy a new one when their old one is perfectly fine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hatchimals on Ebay - are they fake?11
      2. Ditched Sky1113
      3. Tough Doggy Ball Recommendations, Please?914
      4. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)56

See more discussions