The Elder Scrolls Online (Xbox One) - HDR

Editor 13 replies
Found 31st Jan
Hey guys. I decided to pick up The Elder Scrolls Online again last night, so picked up the Gold Edition for the Xbox One. I'm led to believe that it has a patch back in November to add HDR support, but it doesn't seem to be allowing me this option.

Anybody playing it on Xbox One and has successfully got the game running with HDR?

TAI

12 Comments

Hi Buzz

Apologies if this so obvious you didn't mention it but have you tried the below.

If it's not already, you need to turn the HDR function on your Xbox one s to On

And also update the game so the patch from Nov with HDR support is downloaded. It was around 5.9gb

support.xbox.com/en-…e-s

Any luck?

Original Poster Editor

dougrobbins78

Hi BuzzApologies if this so obvious you didn't mention it but have you … Hi BuzzApologies if this so obvious you didn't mention it but have you tried the below.If it's not already, you need to turn the HDR function on your Xbox one s to OnAnd also update the game so the patch from Nov with HDR support is downloaded. It was around 5.9gbhttps://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/troubleshooting-4K-and-HDR-on-xbox-one-sAny luck?

Sorry mate, I should have mentioned. It works as expected with both Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4.

BuzzDuraband

Sorry mate, I should have mentioned. It works as expected with both Forza … Sorry mate, I should have mentioned. It works as expected with both Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4.

My bad. I thought it might be too obvious for you to miss

Perhaps you need to update the game, the Xbox (does it have an update option, not sure (_;) ) and play around with the in game settings as the link below suggests people are playing elder scrolls with HDR on Xbox one s

They don't sound too happy about it but they are playing it lol

google.co.uk/amp…ari

Original Poster Editor

dougrobbins78

My bad. I thought it might be too obvious for you to miss Perhaps you … My bad. I thought it might be too obvious for you to miss Perhaps you need to update the game, the Xbox (does it have an update option, not sure (_;) ) and play around with the in game settings as the link below suggests people are playing elder scrolls with HDR on Xbox one sThey don't sound too happy about it but they are playing it lolhttps://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/5fkif6/xbox_fps_and_hdr_issues/?client=safari

Hmmm interesting. I updated (as instructed) over night to the latest updated patch. I wonder if they have removed the HDR feature in light of these (and I assume other) comments.

Cheers for the response, bud. It's appreciated

BuzzDuraband

Hmmm interesting. I updated (as instructed) over night to the latest … Hmmm interesting. I updated (as instructed) over night to the latest updated patch. I wonder if they have removed the HDR feature in light of these (and I assume other) comments. Cheers for the response, bud. It's appreciated

My pleasure. Sorry I couldn't help.

Ps4 still has HDR for elder scrolls as of a week ago so it'll be very strange for Bethesda to remove it from the Xbox version

Hopefully another user can verify if they have HDR on their elder scrolls on the Xbox

He needs our support HUKD community...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8Quvz0ntMak/U5mm-KZ50xI/AAAAAAAAFdI/1vUdrA6UYNw/s1600/broken-buzz.jpg
Edited by: "dougrobbins78" 31st Jan

Don't worry guys, he's only joking.

https://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2015/11/Toy-Story-Woody-with-Buzzs-Arm.png

I suggest no one help Buzz so he can be stuck on this and stop abusing my wallet with great game deals I don't need right now!!

No idea on the issue mate, hopefully someone else can provide insight.

Original Poster Editor

Never mind

It seems to be a bit of a bigger problem. Unfortunately my Xbox One is now telling me that my TV does not support HRD 10 gaming. Bit strange to be honest, given that it's been playing all the games great with HDR for the past few months.

BuzzDuraband

Never mind :(It seems to be a bit of a bigger problem. Unfortunately my … Never mind :(It seems to be a bit of a bigger problem. Unfortunately my Xbox One is now telling me that my TV does not support HRD 10 gaming. Bit strange to be honest, given that it's been playing all the games great with HDR for the past few months.

​Maybe it hasn't been and you just didn't notice it wasn't HDR

Original Poster Editor

Tireeq

​Maybe it hasn't been and you just didn't notice it wasn't HDR

Ha. No it most definitely has been. Fortunately it displayed 'HDR' in the top left of the screen when it did so.

Original Poster Editor

Fair play to Hisense. They responded to my query within minutes. So for anybody else either as dim as me, or experiencing the same issue. The latest firmware update stopped HDR from working automatically and this is what I had to do...

The update installed a HDR switch as some non 4K devices were incompatible with 4K. After update the HDR default is ‘off’. Please go to Settings > System > HDMI & CEC function , Choose HDMI 2.0 format and select enhanced. This will turn HDR back on.

All is well now

BuzzDuraband

Fair play to Hisense. They responded to my query within minutes. So for … Fair play to Hisense. They responded to my query within minutes. So for anybody else either as dim as me, or experiencing the same issue. The latest firmware update stopped HDR from working automatically and this is what I had to do...The update installed a HDR switch as some non 4K devices were incompatible with 4K. After update the HDR default is ‘off’. Please go to Settings > System > HDMI & CEC function , Choose HDMI 2.0 format and select enhanced. This will turn HDR back on.All is well now

Great update by Hisense(!)
Sucks to be me. I bought a 2016 Samsung 4K tv as it had HDR to go with my ps4 pro
Turns out it's got hdr8 and not HDR10, so I'm not seeing full HDR benefits which are far superior to 4K benefits
Truly a 1st world problem but my heart bleeds
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522888
    2. Add one, leave one game54415470
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428414665
    4. Xbox One X Console £385 (in-store) @ Interdiscount (Swiss-France borders)23

See more discussions