The end of Blagging an NUS card?.. .. Totum Card is here!

Posted 17th Sep 2018
Just spotted this today that the NUS card has changed to the 'Totum' card and looks like their tightning the rules.

I logged into the NUS site for my existing card and it prompts to setup a password but it currently hangs.

What do you all think?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
If they're tightening the rules, good. So they should.
Edited by: "----" 17th Sep 2018
A lot of places have gone over to uni days and student beans. The nus card isn’t what it used to be.
It would be very easy to agree with that and no doubt many more comments like it
seeing as I don't have and have never used this 'loophole'

but I am here to save money that is what this place is for.

can't be good news
100 Comments
If they're tightening the rules, good. So they should.
Edited by: "----" 17th Sep 2018
It would be very easy to agree with that and no doubt many more comments like it
seeing as I don't have and have never used this 'loophole'

but I am here to save money that is what this place is for.

can't be good news
Yep I have noticed this and also mentioned this on other chats.
I did play about with it today. I did select a college but didn't pay at the pay page so when I went on it again all the details were there ams saved, it asked me if I want home delivery for extra £1.50 but I don't need it yet as amazon will automatically renew itself as student account
Edited by: "Misslovely" 17th Sep 2018
Glad I bought the 3 year card. I had the Alumni card for years until they ended that as well.
If it does end, unlikely it will affect me too much as even with Prime, prefer to buy from Ebay as I can find the items
I want and limit to items in the UK.
A lot of places have gone over to uni days and student beans. The nus card isn’t what it used to be.
I think the change over was mentioned here a few months ago.
Had no problem in signing up for a TOTUM card been using it for the last 2 weeks its been great
cliosport6517/09/2018 23:16

Had no problem in signing up for a TOTUM card been using it for the last 2 …Had no problem in signing up for a TOTUM card been using it for the last 2 weeks its been great

U a blagger or proper student?
JulianL7 h, 41 m ago

U a blagger or proper student?

What do you class as a proper student
deleted79467
even easier to get a unidays card these days (o r so i hear )
JulianL12 h, 12 m ago

Where?

Sorry, I couldn't find the link, even using the search feature.
I promise it was posted, but I can't prove it.
deleted7946718th Sep

even easier to get a unidays card these days (o r so i hear )

How lol
There business model is take the money!!, even if it's a Cat..

It was always about the money, and they took it and registered you regardless.

And it has been GREAT!!...

Misslovely17th Sep

Yep I have noticed this and also mentioned this on other chats. I did play …Yep I have noticed this and also mentioned this on other chats. I did play about with it today. I did select a college but didn't pay at the pay page so when I went on it again all the details were there ams saved, it asked me if I want home delivery for extra £1.50 but I don't need it yet as amazon will automatically renew itself as student account

Yes it only offered me the option of sending the card to my college
Blurryface13th Oct 2018

Comment deleted

Can you explain in detail how, please?
Blurryface13/10/2018 15:55

Comment deleted

What do you mean by finding the right combination?? As in choosing or finding a place which it wont ask you to pick up from the college or require the uni email add?
Blurryface18/10/2018 15:00

Comment deleted

Are you happy to share which course/college you chose? Been searching for ages but can't seem to find one... throws up an error for most online institutes
Edited by: "krazykush" 18th Oct 2018
I'm interested too, really appreciate a pm on which one you are studying at
Blurryface18th Oct 2018

Comment deleted

Would you mind to send me too.
Hard times my friend to get Totum cards
Thanks
Blurryface18th Oct 2018

Comment deleted

Please can you send me a pm too. I couldn't even get it to work with my actual edge hill degree =l
I'd really appreciate a pm with the details too, I'm struggling to adjust to post university life
Does the totum card have photo id on it? Can't seem to find info about it anywhere
Edited by: "podface1" 1st Nov 2018
podface11st Nov

Does the totum card have photo id on it? Can't seem to find info about it …Does the totum card have photo id on it? Can't seem to find info about it anywhere

Yeah, on the back it’s got the ISIC same as the NUS card.
@tommyukuk hi mate would really appreciate a pm
Does anyone have the combination that doesn't need verifying?
Please help my NUS extra has just ran out & I can't renew with Study Smart on line. PM with combination would be greatly appreciated, please.
Edited by: "Turbowayne" 2nd Dec 2018
would like a PM to if someone knows how to work around this online issue Thanks in advance
Me to! Would really appreciate a dm with a combination or way around this! Thank you
I’d like a pm too please. I’m a student but I can’t figure out how to get it to work.
Old post I know but could anyone help me with getting the totum card without a .ac email address.
My Nus will expire soon
Steviesoitis23/02/2019 11:21

Old post I know but could anyone help me with getting the totum card …Old post I know but could anyone help me with getting the totum card without a .ac email address.My Nus will expire soon

Check your messages
Would also appreciate a message if possible please. Thank you
deleted8085823/02/2019 12:11

Can I check mine please?

Youve got no chance of anyone believing your a student
BlackJax23/02/2019 13:10

Youve got no chance of anyone believing your a student

Mature student
Steviesoitis23/02/2019 11:21

Old post I know but could anyone help me with getting the totum card …Old post I know but could anyone help me with getting the totum card without a .ac email address.My Nus will expire soon

dexpearce23/02/2019 12:35

Would also appreciate a message if possible please. Thank you

At time of post in Feb 2019 it is still possible to obtain NUSx card via NUSx site at cards.nusextra.co.uk
If you don't want the card delivered to your chosen place of study's address, change your PoS to one that allows the card to be sent to your home (or other) address for the £1.50 fee.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants