Groups

The end of cheap DVDs is on its way

DVD prices to rise as VAT rules tightened in budget move that will cost shoppers £130m

21 Comments

Original Poster

Sod the DVD's............it's the games i'll be gutted about.

Syzable

Sod the DVD's............it's the games i'll be gutted about.

Games will be okay as they're over £18 anyway? Isn't VAT included in the prices of those when bought from Play, Amazon etc.

It's items under £18 that will rise.

Original Poster

I wonder when they will chace Fat boy Phil Green, and others like him, for taxes instead of constantly hitting the consumer

and they wonder why we download illegally?

midlandscomics

Games will be okay as they're over £18 anyway? Isn't VAT included in the … Games will be okay as they're over £18 anyway? Isn't VAT included in the prices of those when bought from Play, Amazon etc.It's items under £18 that will rise.

Yes, but that's why they often plummet quickly to £17.99 not long after release. Now they'll probably just drop them to around £24.99.

Good move i think. Why should these businesses get away with paying no VAT?

Banned

Laughing at you all from my pirate boat.

DangerGod

Laughing at you all from my pirate boat.

lol you got a parrot to go with that boat?

Keep your eyes peeled for more businesses going under and people losing their jobs so the government can line their coffers

You know the air that you breathe. It's not even safe.

donnydude

Keep your eyes peeled for more businesses going under and people losing … Keep your eyes peeled for more businesses going under and people losing their jobs so the government can line their coffers

I doubt these massive warehouses in the channel islands employed many anyway, they just lined the pockets of Amazon et all's executives pockets.

Banned

donnydude

Keep your eyes peeled for more businesses going under and people losing … Keep your eyes peeled for more businesses going under and people losing their jobs so the government can line their coffers

You can't expect anyone to take that seriously coming from you.

donnydude

They are closing an outsourcing loop used by big companies to gain an advantage. Well done I say

Marty1981

They are closing an outsourcing loop used by big companies to gain an … They are closing an outsourcing loop used by big companies to gain an advantage. Well done I say

/ en.wikipedia.org/wik…nds
    Edited by: "dontasciime" 3rd Mar 2011

Just another way for the government to SCREW us.

Might just sell off my DVD collection and buy another external HDD drive for my Revo.

Seems a little petty to penalize people for wanting cheap DVD's and it will do nothing to help the Movie industry as it will probably cause more people to turn to piracy.
    Edited by: "Ungreat" 6th Mar 2011

Ungreat

Might just sell off my DVD collection and buy another external HDD drive … Might just sell off my DVD collection and buy another external HDD drive for my Revo.Seems a little petty to penalize people for wanting cheap DVD's and it will do nothing to help the Movie industry as it will probably cause more people to turn to piracy.

e4.com/fon…tml

Would be surprised if George Osborne's private office hasn't received a donation from someone like the head of HMV as this seems to benefit them more than it helps us.

Banned

matt3454

Good move i think. Why should these businesses get away with paying no … Good move i think. Why should these businesses get away with paying no VAT?

+1

Banned

shamus1975

Just another way for the government to SCREW us.

so closing a tax loophole whereby foreign companies paying zero tax had the advantage over UK based ones is your idea of the government screwing us?

strange!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…810
      2. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE34
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764320
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism814

See more discussions