Groups

The end of Toblerone as we know it

Cant believe this hasn't been posted as yet, was trending above the US election on the BBC earlier today. Yet another cost saving, keep the packet the same size but reduce the amount of chocolate. Bet it tastes like the smaller bars now.

Get ready for the next Brexit challenge, with campaigners saying no one told us our Toblerones would be reduced in size, if I had knew that I would have voted to stay.

bbc.com/new…703

50 Comments

If this isn't a first world problem I don't know what is..

Just had one of the new ones. Delicious - just like the old ones. In fact, they hurt your mouth even more so improved!
    Edited by: "SuffolkLad222" 8th Nov 2016

I seen pictures of before and after can't believe it, they have stopped doing what they are famous for why I don't get it

everypennycounts

I seen pictures of before and after can't believe it, they have stopped … I seen pictures of before and after can't believe it, they have stopped doing what they are famous for why I don't get it

It is still honey & almond nougat chocolate, & the packaging is triangular.

What is the problem? Sounds like a reasonable business decision.

If you think you need a larger consumption of Toblerone, buy more of the product.

[img]i.guim.co.uk/img…jpg?w=1920&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=960bb693b334201c71c10b7c44046ba7[/img]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwvZEnqWgAARask.jpg:large

It's horrid. Why not just make it smaller, or more expensive?

standard.co.uk/new…tml

SuffolkLad222

Just had one of the new ones. Delicious - just like the old ones. In … Just had one of the new ones. Delicious - just like the old ones. In fact, they hurt your mouth even more so improved!

So you weren't distressed by it then?
    news.sky.com/sto…876

And I agree the previous shape did hurt if you bite it the wrong way.

http://brandculture.london/blogfiles/cache/8e66d228995681e735010b908c7c26e0_f371.jpg

the shape of them has always been stupid

Banned

Pretty funny.

those gaps are so big they remind me of
    http://www.roberthempsall.co.uk/blogimages/keep-apart-2-chevrons-road-sign.jpg

only a fool breaks the 2 second rule

MrScotchBonnet

Not many people snap them correct.

...or write good proper like.

fanpages

Type*

Banned

dtovey89

Type*

Leave him alone.

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/58832/58832,1167015153,1/stock-photo-old-man-working-on-the-laptop-computer-smoking-pipe-2377310.jpg

Well, that's me off Toblerone and Terry's chocolate orange.

MrScotchBonnet

fanpages

dtovey89

Type*

You're not mine.

Oh, I see... yeah... an author writes. A typist types.

Are you suggesting somebody else made the same mistake with "correct" & MrScotchBonnet re-typed it?

john184

Well, that's me off Toblerone and Terry's chocolate orange.

A chocolate orange tasting of Toblerone is an interesting idea though.

I must say, im glad they arent blaming Brexit for it though. At least they are being 'honest'

I'd guess that a hell of a lot of their sales come from pound shops, which is why they couldn't raise the price and instead opted for this absurd redesign.

Banned

Muig1972

I'd guess that a hell of a lot of their sales come from pound shops, … I'd guess that a hell of a lot of their sales come from pound shops, which is why they couldn't raise the price and instead opted for this absurd redesign.

They could have just made the bar shorter and kept the shape I guess.

MrScotchBonnet

fanpages

dtovey89

Type*

My head hurts.

118luke

I must say, im glad they arent blaming Brexit for it though. At least … I must say, im glad they arent blaming Brexit for it though. At least they are being 'honest'

The prices of the raw materials have gone up worldwide so they probably had plans to do this for a while.

MrScotchBonnet

They could have just made the bar shorter and kept the shape I guess.

Usually there's two reasons. One is that it fools consumers into thinking it's the same quantity, and two it's easier to simply redesign the bars and maintain the box design then change them both.

I used to use the old ones for spreading floor tile adhesive, now I think I'll be applying too much glue.

brilly

Yes but what about the toblerine bar?

brilly

airfix

Yes but what about the toblerine bar?

Toblerine?

[ youtube.com/wat…75Q ]

http://67.media.tumblr.com/14272ee521c1679bdbcbcc06f1e8ea84/tumblr_mjv37xDgo41qbn1vmo1_1280.jpg

Two Batmans... whatever.

Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Usually there's two reasons. One is that it fools consumers into thinking … Usually there's two reasons. One is that it fools consumers into thinking it's the same quantity, and two it's easier to simply redesign the bars and maintain the box design then change them both.

How is that easier than just reducing the length of the box?

Great design change, one cant tell the difference between the chocolate bar and the Alps now.

Why can't they just leave chocolate alone. Yorkies, Cadburys, Toberlones etc all wrecked by huge multinational businesses. These companies will always tinker with the size, taste, ingredients and design just to shave off a few pennies and increase profits. Make no mistake, its not about making things affordable for the consumer. I don't buy the lies about increased cost of ingredients, these companies make BILLIONS. Nothing in this world is done with goodwill and pride in the product. Its all mass-produced crap at the expense of taste, quality and quantity. The only person to suffer is the consumer. We continue to get less for our money at reduced quality, just to line the pockets of shareholders. Beer is becoming the same. Where you can, buy local, buy fresh and pay them back by snubbing the product.

Edited by: "campbellcabs" 8th Nov 2016

MrScotchBonnet

How is that easier than just reducing the length of the box?

It depends on their manufacturing methods/costs but changing more things usually means higher costs.

Their reasons are moronic as hell. No one would give a crap if a £2 cost 10p more.

But having said that, am I the only person who stores Toblerone's in the fridge to get them nice and cold? No one ever find it a huge hassle trying to snap off one bit when it's really cold? Horrendous.

Who cares really

PenguinsForAll

Their reasons are moronic as hell. No one would give a crap if a £2 cost … Their reasons are moronic as hell. No one would give a crap if a £2 cost 10p more.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they would.

Aren't people threatening to boycott Walkers over their price increase? Remember Marmitegate?

Increase the price and keep the size the same = people moan

Reduce the size and keep the price the same = people moan

People in this country just like to moan about the mundane.

DarkEnergy2012

those gaps are so big they remind me ofonly a fool breaks the 2 second … those gaps are so big they remind me ofonly a fool breaks the 2 second rule

X)

Don't think it has anything to do with Brexit. Chocolate manufacturers have been making portions smaller and raising prices for years.

RossD89

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they would.Aren't people threatening to … Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they would.Aren't people threatening to boycott Walkers over their price increase? Remember Marmitegate?Increase the price and keep the size the same = people moan Reduce the size and keep the price the same = people moanPeople in this country just like to moan about the mundane.

True that. It's our national sport.

It's still stupid though.

Simple solution, stop buying it.

Error440

Simple solution, stop buying it.

As a protest, given that I have never bought a Toblerone bar in the past, should I start buying them now?

fanpages

As a protest, given that I have never bought a Toblerone bar in the past, … As a protest, given that I have never bought a Toblerone bar in the past, should I start buying them now?

Yes give them false hope and then take it away.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767144
      2. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?77
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047072
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1836

See more discussions