Groups

The 'England will WIN the World Cup' Thread

Banned
    Yes, the 2010 FIFA World Cup of football/soccer in real life.

54 Comments

Banned

what address should FIFA send the trophy to?

agree

Indeed

Biggest load bo**ocks ever. . . .what year was it again?

1966.......will you ever let us blummin forget it?

Bunch of w*****s if you ask me.

'England will WIN the World Cup'

ROFLMFAO!

I Know your not interested but I thought I'de let you know I dont care for football

Nah..
    As soon as they will finally play a good team then they will get their asses kicked

DarkKnight;7117486

Nah..As soon as they will finally play a good team then they will get … Nah..As soon as they will finally play a good team then they will get their asses kicked

+1

Supermod

Only way England will win the World Cup is if ALL of their players stay fit between now and 11th July.

Also, Defoe needs to hit top form. Not back striking options. Rooney and Defoe. Then Crouch seems to always bag a couple. Bent and Heskey too.

magicjay1986;7117568

Only way England will win the World Cup is if ALL of their players stay … Only way England will win the World Cup is if ALL of their players stay fit between now and 11th July. Also, Defoe needs to hit top form. Not back striking options. Rooney and Defoe. Then Crouch seems to always bag a couple. Bent and Heskey too.

Not sure about Bent.

Rooney and Defoe will do well, Crouch as you say can come on a shake things up and get a couple.

I believe!

Supermod

Starr;7117621

Not sure about Bent.Rooney and Defoe will do well, Crouch as you say can … Not sure about Bent.Rooney and Defoe will do well, Crouch as you say can come on a shake things up and get a couple.I believe!

Well Bent should go as the 4th striker. Between Bent, Cole, Heskey and Owen I would take..

Bent
    Owen
    Heskey
    Cole

England pack their midfield and shouldnt need a "foil" upfront in the shape of Heskey.

magicjay1986;7117752

Well Bent should go as the 4th striker. Between Bent, Cole, Heskey and … Well Bent should go as the 4th striker. Between Bent, Cole, Heskey and Owen I would take..BentOwenHeskey ColeEngland pack their midfield and shouldnt need a "foil" upfront in the shape of Heskey.

I dont think he delivers at this stage from what ive seen, great in the prem though.

Time wil tell, there is still time for players to shine but it will prob be out of those 4.

Im kinda hoping that Owen perks up, not gonna hold my breath though

Supermod

Starr;7117779

I dont think he delivers at this stage from what ive seen, great in the … I dont think he delivers at this stage from what ive seen, great in the prem though.Time wil tell, there is still time for players to shine but it will prob be out of those 4

Like you say, there is plenty of time.

I think he will go with:

Rooney
    Defoe
    Crouch
    Heskey

England right back? Hopefully Hargreaves will be fit.

here we go again England done sod all in world cup or Euros since 66 but going to win it aye right.

You wont be playing it at home and no dodgy russian refs and the germans will put you out on pens yet again.

Original Poster Banned

gog5y;7117817

here we go again England done sod all in world cup or Euros since 66 but … here we go again England done sod all in world cup or Euros since 66 but going to win it aye right.You wont be playing it at home and no dodgy russian refs and the germans will put you out on pens yet again.

Are you scottish?

magicjay1986;7117796

Like you say, there is plenty of time. I think he will go with: … Like you say, there is plenty of time. I think he will go with: RooneyDefoeCrouchHeskeyEngland right back? Hopefully Hargreaves will be fit.

I like Johnson although he gives the ball away to much, hopefully he can sort that out, i like having to attacking full backs.... Carlos and Cafu :whistling:

gog5y;7117817

here we go again England done sod all in world cup or Euros since 66 but … here we go again England done sod all in world cup or Euros since 66 but going to win it aye right.You wont be playing it at home and no dodgy russian refs and the germans will put you out on pens yet again.

FilthAndFurry;7117821

Are you scottish?

This^^

Supermod

gog5y;7117817

There is only one team in the United Kingdom. The one which funds all the other peasant areas.

dimebars;7117451

And so it begins.........Motson was banging on about '66 during the BBC2 … And so it begins.........Motson was banging on about '66 during the BBC2 coverage last night all of 3 seconds after the draw was completedw4nker

agreed :thumbsup:

Why do the Scottish hate English football so much?

Are you guys jealous?

When the Scots next get through ill be cheering them on :?

Supermod

Starr;7117858

Why do the Scottish hate England football so much?Are you guys jealous?

In before "we got Andy Murray". Keep him. He typifies the Scottish attitude.

magicjay1986;7117866

In before "we got Andy Murray". Keep him. He typifies the Scottish … In before "we got Andy Murray". Keep him. He typifies the Scottish attitude.

I dont mind a bit of banter but some take it to far.

Murray is Scottish so therefore British, i would cheer him on even if a little scottish flag appeared next to his name instead of a Union Jack.

Home nations mean nothing to some. Just jealousy.

Banned

Starr;7117858

Why do the Scottish hate English football so much?Are you guys … Why do the Scottish hate English football so much?Are you guys jealous?When the Scots next get through ill be cheering them on :?

I dont hate English football

I hate the attitude of the English press and the minority of fans who continually bang on and on about how they are going to win everything in sight

And that erse Motson

Banned

magicjay1986;7117866

In before "we got Andy Murray". Keep him. He typifies the Scottish … In before "we got Andy Murray". Keep him. He typifies the Scottish attitude.

if you are referring to that interview then you are severly mis-informed

FilthAndFurry;7117821

Are you scottish?

He doesn't even sound human, I think its someone's pet monkey.

Starr;7117858

Why do the Scottish hate English football so much?Are you guys … Why do the Scottish hate English football so much?Are you guys jealous?When the Scots next get through ill be cheering them on :?

You going to live longggggggggggg time then. :lol:

Original Poster Banned

dimebars;7117959

I dont hate English footballI hate the attitude of the English press and … I dont hate English footballI hate the attitude of the English press and the minority of fans who continually bang on and on about how they are going to win everything in sightAnd that erse Motson

Even you have to admit that England are playing well, and a lot of the other nations aren't.

DarkKnight;7117486

Nah..As soon as they will finally play a good team then they will get … Nah..As soon as they will finally play a good team then they will get their asses kicked

You've got to have an IQ over 50 to comment in this thread I'm afraid so this comment will be removed

Banned

FilthAndFurry;7118100

Even you have to admit that England are playing well, and a lot of the … Even you have to admit that England are playing well, and a lot of the other nations aren't.

I am not disagreeing - England play some fantastic football at times

Its folk like Motson that do my head in - you cant disagree that he is a tube

They May Get To The Quaters/Semis
    Dont Think They've Got It To Beat Spain/Brazil/Germany.

I really hope England do well but gotta say that if you win it I can't watch ANY sporting event for the following 20 years.

Maybe being English you guys don't notice or mind it but the sycophantic media's regular mention of anything 1966 in ANY sport is really grating.

I watched the argie game in 1998 with several hundred fans while working down south and i generally felt bad for them as a nation's hopes and dreams were shattered in a few minutes of penalties.

I try to support English sporting teams as we are all British, but the your media has got a lot to answer for, although we would probably go crazy if we even managed to qualify. :oops:

Starr;7117922

I dont mind a bit of banter but some take it to far.Murray is Scottish so … I dont mind a bit of banter but some take it to far.Murray is Scottish so therefore British, i would cheer him on even if a little scottish flag appeared next to his name instead of a Union Jack.Home nations mean nothing to some. Just jealousy.

its nothing to do with jealousy I wouldn't expect you support Germany because they are part of the European Union for example

I think like most people its the over powering medie that turn Scotland/Wales and Ireland against England in football terms, the attitutde of the media that England are brilliant when they are clearly not.

dimebars;7118153

only on special occassions:thumbsup:

I just wait till the wifes out. :whistling::oops: :w00t:

Banned

Syzable;7118183

I just wait till the wifes out. :whistling::oops: :w00t:

your secrets safe!

mine isnt worn with stockings and suspenders though.................... :thumbsup:

dimebars;7118202

your secrets safe!mine isnt worn with stockings and suspenders … your secrets safe!mine isnt worn with stockings and suspenders though.................... :thumbsup:

Your loss. :whistling: :-D

stgeorge;7118108

You've got to have an IQ over 50 to comment in this thread I'm afraid so … You've got to have an IQ over 50 to comment in this thread I'm afraid so this comment will be removed

Lol, so all IQ is based on Football knowledge? (A game that centres around a load of guys kicking a ball)
    Yes you are right, this game requires EXTRAORDINARILY knowledge

stgeorge;7118242

No I just don't like the sound of you so trying to insult you without … No I just don't like the sound of you so trying to insult you without getting banned

Your insults are working, i'm almost reaching to the phone to call my mummy :-D lol

Hey we are champion at bowls, snooker and women's curling :whistling:

And your post is a bit ugly (dimebars also). And how many posts on this thread do you have to ignore before you realise that the other home nations DON'T hate England- i hope you do well- it is your media that mentions 1966 at every possible opportunity that gets us. I once heard a 1966 reference in a ******** tennis match!!

Banned

stevieglesga;7118306

Hey we are champion at bowls, snooker and women's curling :whistling:And … Hey we are champion at bowls, snooker and women's curling :whistling:And your post is a bit ugly (dimebars also). And how many posts on this thread do you have to ignore before you realise that the other home nations DON'T hate England- i hope you do well- it is your media that mentions 1966 at every possible opportunity that gets us. I once heard a 1966 reference in a ******** tennis match!!

precisely my point all along - the media furore is what kills it for me

but why let that reasoned argument stand in the way of post about jealousy etc

stevieglesga;7118306

Hey we are champion at bowls, snooker and women's curling :whistling:And … Hey we are champion at bowls, snooker and women's curling :whistling:And your post is a bit ugly (dimebars also). And how many posts on this thread do you have to ignore before you realise that the other home nations DON'T hate England- i hope you do well- it is your media that mentions 1966 at every possible opportunity that gets us. I once heard a 1966 reference in a ******** tennis match!!

I'm just kidding by the way just showing dimebars I can be equally as childish if I want to be ;-)

stgeorge;7118348

I'm just kidding by the way just showing dimebars I can be equally as … I'm just kidding by the way just showing dimebars I can be equally as childish if I want to be ;-)

No problem. But please could you provide an English perception of the media's constant braying. Are we over sensitive or do you guys get occassionally embarassed by it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions