Groups

the entertainer not honouring price mistake order

I ordered some toys from the entertainer and as opposed to the cost being £80 (something) it all showed as free . I was only charged for delivery , which I paid via PayPal. My order was confirmed via email. And I was sent a dispatch email with tracking details, I just checked tracking and it shows parcel returned to sender . Can they do this ? I know it was a mistake but I thought once it was dispatched they had to honour it ? Any advice ? Thanks in advance.

33 Comments

So let me get it - you didn't post the deal here and now you are looking for help from us with it not having worked - oh my, oh my

Quite obviously they can, they have!

Original Poster

memmmememe

So let me get it - you didn't post the deal here and now you are looking … So let me get it - you didn't post the deal here and now you are looking for help from us with it not having worked - oh my, oh my

​haha it looks bad but honestly it was nothing I could recreate I tried adding exact same things to my basket on another account and it didn't work , I assume it was complete fluke.

Yes they can. And yes they have. Technically you've paid nothing so no transaction has occurred. Therefore, you can't claim any rights to the product as you didn't buy anything. All you paid for was delivery of nothing lol

Surely you got what you paid for.

Original Poster

AD959

Surely you got what you paid for.

​that's true I got my hopes up when they said they where dispatched.

Rule number one broken- never check out of a glitch with a zero balance

just a thought but have they refunded your delivery fee?

Original Poster

memmmememe

Rule number one broken- never check out of a glitch with a zero balance

I'll rember this

Original Poster

wackypaki

just a thought but have they refunded your delivery fee?

No not refunded delivery charge.

It was my understanding that subjects to their terms and conditions, most online orders are complete once the goods have been dispatched, even in the event of a pricing error. Therefore as the goods were dispatched the store has a responsibility to supply the goods at the price you have paid. Now with that being nothing you may find that harder to enforce, however you did pay for the delivery.

You need to read their terms and condition to see if you're entitled to the goods and consult your conscience too (_;)
    Edited by: "joshp" 2nd Feb

Who was the courier?

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture

Who was the courier?

Yodel

Original Poster

joshp

It was my understanding that subjects to their terms and conditions, most … It was my understanding that subjects to their terms and conditions, most online orders are complete once the goods have been dispatched, even in the event or a pricing error. Therefore as the goods were dispatched the store has a responsibility to supply the goods at the price you have paid. Now with that being nothing you may find that harder to enforce, however you did pay for the delivery. You need to read their terms and condition to see if you're entitled to the goods and consult your conscience too (_;)

I have just read T&C and it says the contact doesn't start until the items are dispatched.

Likecherrycola

Yodel

Not sure about Yodel but I know that some delivery companies won't allow you to recall a package.
    Likecherrycola

I have just read T&C and it says the contact doesn't start until the … I have just read T&C and it says the contact doesn't start until the items are dispatched.

If they sent it out then, contract was formed.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture

Not sure about Yodel but I know that some delivery companies won't allow … Not sure about Yodel but I know that some delivery companies won't allow you to recall a package.If they sent it out then, contract was formed.

Yodel ALERT
    Your parcel has been returned to your sender. Please contact them with any queries
    02 February at 08:26

Likecherrycola

Yodel ALERTYour parcel has been returned to your sender. Please contact … Yodel ALERTYour parcel has been returned to your sender. Please contact them with any queries02 February at 08:26

They've broken their own t&c's. If the parcel was out for delivery the contract was formed.

Original Poster

Just totted up goods and they should have cost £65.99 (makes my conscience feel slightly better ) . Should I just wait on cancellation email and refund?. I know it was a long shot but I thought once they where dispatched it would have been honoured , suppose you win some point you lose some.

Likecherrycola

Just totted up goods and they should have cost £65.99 (makes my … Just totted up goods and they should have cost £65.99 (makes my conscience feel slightly better ) . Should I just wait on cancellation email and refund?. I know it was a long shot but I thought once they where dispatched it would have been honoured , suppose you win some point you lose some.

Push them on it, I would. You've nothing to lose. They can't have t&c's and then go back on them because it's in their favour.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture

Push them on it, I would. You've nothing to lose. They can't have … Push them on it, I would. You've nothing to lose. They can't have t&c's and then go back on them because it's in their favour.

That's true I have nothing to lose. I will wait and see if they email and if not will contact them , would email be better or should I call ?

Its Karma, this is what happens when you find a pricing error and don't post it on HOTUKDEALS!

Original Poster

Deaa

Its Karma, this is what happens when you find a pricing error and don't … Its Karma, this is what happens when you find a pricing error and don't post it on HOTUKDEALS!

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture

Push them on it, I would. You've nothing to lose. They can't have … Push them on it, I would. You've nothing to lose. They can't have t&c's and then go back on them because it's in their favour.

Just had a reply to my email

Thank you for your email.

When your order was placed due to a technical error payment was taken only for the delivery cost on this order, not the products themselves. As such the order is being returned to us by our couriers.

If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards

Jenni

Likecherrycola

Just had a reply to my emailThank you for your email. When your order … Just had a reply to my emailThank you for your email. When your order was placed due to a technical error payment was taken only for the delivery cost on this order, not the products themselves. As such the order is being returned to us by our couriers.If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Kind regardsJenni

That isn't your fault though, quote their own t and cs to them.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture

That isn't your fault though, quote their own t and cs to them.

I have sent them a reply stating there t&c's so will update when they reply.

Original Poster

Likecherrycola

I have sent them a reply stating there t&c's so will update when they … I have sent them a reply stating there t&c's so will update when they reply.

As a gesture of goodwill, we have issued the following refund for your delivery charge.

TOTAL REFUNDED: £4.99

This will take 3-5 working days to appear in your bank account.

Kind Regards
    The Entertainer Team

And another email
    Thank you for your email.
    As we have confirmation that this order is being returned to us, I have issued a refund for the delivery charge and the order has been cancelled.
    Kind regards
    Jenni

Cheeky gits

Likecherrycola

As a gesture of goodwill, we have issued the following refund for your … As a gesture of goodwill, we have issued the following refund for your delivery charge. TOTAL REFUNDED: £4.99 This will take 3-5 working days to appear in your bank account. Kind RegardsThe Entertainer Team And another emailThank you for your email. As we have confirmation that this order is being returned to us, I have issued a refund for the delivery charge and the order has been cancelled. Kind regardsJenniCheeky gits

Haha, gesture of good will.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture

Haha, gesture of good will.

That's has got my back up a bit , how cheeky is that . Trying to word a decent reply but kids aren't making it easy

Just state as per their own t&c's the contract was formed upon dispatch of the item(s).

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture

Just state as per their own t&c's the contract was formed upon dispatch … Just state as per their own t&c's the contract was formed upon dispatch of the item(s).

Thanks again for your fast response , the email says it will be refunded to my bank account ? I paid via PayPal so will it go there? . I'm pretty irritated that it's seen as a gesture of goodwill to refund me for a service you didn't provide ? I thought as per your terms and conditions the contract was formed on dispatch of the items ? Can you confirm this. Thanks again

I'm intrigued, what became of this?

kerry3000uk

I'm intrigued, what became of this?

Yodel are still out delivering it

I
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What engine oil do i need for a 2007 Skoda Fabia (Mark 1) 1.9 turbo diesel …22
      2. Sun Saver Code for Priority Bookings11
      3. Any good Sky TV deals on at moment?22
      4. Why do people scam on Gumtree?68

See more discussions