Groups

the euro

where is the best place to get your holiday euro?
    post office? bank? ebay!?

13 Comments

M&S are quite good.

try ]https//ww…D=1

am heading to paris next week so been looking and they did the best rate better than the bank and the post office.

put code freedelivery in the coupon section at checkout to knock of the 4.95 delivery charge too

Original Poster

what! m&s do currency? well you learn something new every day:thumbsup: cheers

Original Poster

onlyme23;2408305

try … try ]https://www.onlinefx.co.uk/fx/Stores/1stholidaystore/Store.asp?SID=136&DID=1am heading to paris next week so been looking and they did the best rate better than the bank and the post office.put code freedelivery in the coupon section at checkout to knock of the 4.95 delivery charge too

sounds great will give it a go thanx:-D

I went to get some currency recently I found Thomas Cook gave me the best price. The best thing to do is shop around for the best price, some places price match also.

the best place is to get a nationwide debit card and when you arrive, draw it from a machine. You will get the bank spot rate and no commission.
    Before anyone says places offer zero commission, you will find they build it in their margin or buy/sell spread

warmapplepie;2408333

the best place is to get a nationwide debit card and when you arrive, … the best place is to get a nationwide debit card and when you arrive, draw it from a machine. You will get the bank spot rate and no commission.Before anyone says places offer zero commission, you will find they build it in their margin or buy/sell spread

did just that - thanks for your advice in another post. just got my card today wooohooo. they wanted to give me a credit card i said no thanks they were puzzled next thing i know i have £2500 credit limit - just like that! possibly coz i said i dont need one.

PO is good, i think they give you very good rates, at least they did when i went to the US (its 0% commision)

M&S and Western Union i hear from other similar threads

Banned

warmapplepie;2408333

the best place is to get a nationwide debit card and when you arrive, … the best place is to get a nationwide debit card and when you arrive, draw it from a machine. You will get the bank spot rate and no commission.Before anyone says places offer zero commission, you will find they build it in their margin or buy/sell spread

or the NW credit card, I just got back from Spain and the exchange rate they used for my euro purchases was 1.2635 (bought 6400 cigs at only £19 for 200 and 2L Smirnoff for £16) :-D

Can't see that being beaten.

Why is it that you can't buy duty free in UK airports if travelling within the EU yet EVERY country I have been to in the last year or two ignore this rule completely and you can buy as much as you like from their airports (Malaga, paphos, Alicante, larnaca, crete)?

Tesco in Sandhurst offered the best rate when I was looking 3 weeks ago.

The current rate that I just got was £1.22
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …90154
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1212
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501

See more discussions