The ever-shrinking bags of M&M's

Found 1st Aug 2017Edited by:"ApolloX1"
It wasn't so long ago these came in 180g bags and were frequently on offer for £1. They then scrapped the 180g bag and brought out a 165g bag. They've now scrapped that and brought out a 133g bag, all the while charging the same price.

Anyone else a bit annoyed about this? Did they think we'd not notice?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
31598717-Ycsju.jpg
22 Comments
Not just m+m's they are all at it, it is so annoying, I'd say prices are going up also, the 4 pack of Mars bars you have to eat 3 to compare to the past standard bar, that's my excuse anyway.
Not really, chocolate has just got more expensive so the packs get smaller. Better this than them lowering the cocoa content.
tesco.com/gro…732 140grams for a £1
I accept the price of chocolate has gone up, I don't care!

I just want my normal size chocolates and if that means paying a bit more so bit it!

Boost bars, etc are all so small now!
Same thing with the 50p coin.
31598717-Ycsju.jpg
Sneakiest of the lot is the change made to the Terry's Chocolate Orange. They're still the same size as always but each segment now has a hollowed out area so you don't know you're getting less until you've started eating it.

Cheeky bar stewards.
Edited by: "spoo" 2nd Aug 2017
Really?
I didn't know that, I see they also changed the weight from 175grm to 157grm so if you're dyslexic like myself you may not actually realise they have changed.
I went in Iceland yesterday and needed a carrier bag, i asked for a bog standard plastic carrier bag, i was surprised at the size of the one she gave me, its about twice the size as ones from other shops and held Everything fine all the way home, i was worried the pizza box corners would make holes in it but they didn't.

Are supermarket carrier bags ( not bag for life) getting smaller and weaker too to get people to buy the bags for life?
everything is shrinking though, not just this. we are going to end up in a society where food and other products are produced for midgets. instead of increasing the price on products, manufacturers are reducing the size instead. the government should stop this as it only means more packaging.

i can no longer eat one pack of crisps but at least 2 as one pack has very few crisps. a ready meal for two is more like a ready meal for two children! i am not even a big eater or a big person!
For bargain chocolate that is comparable to branded chocolate, check out lidl

32p for 100g bar of white (tastes like milky bar) or dark (tastes like bournville)

their twix and snickers imitations taste great too and less than half the price of branded
It's
mutley17 h, 11 m ago

everything is shrinking though, not just this. we are going to end up in …everything is shrinking though, not just this. we are going to end up in a society where food and other products are produced for midgets. instead of increasing the price on products, manufacturers are reducing the size instead. the government should stop this as it only means more packaging.i can no longer eat one pack of crisps but at least 2 as one pack has very few crisps. a ready meal for two is more like a ready meal for two children! i am not even a big eater or a big person!

It's worse if you are a big eater. Nothing fills me up or satisfies me anymore I either eat a lot or just have to eat healthy food instead
deleted1023990
chocci8 h, 58 m ago

For bargain chocolate that is comparable to branded chocolate, check out …For bargain chocolate that is comparable to branded chocolate, check out lidl32p for 100g bar of white (tastes like milky bar) or dark (tastes like bournville)their twix and snickers imitations taste great too and less than half the price of branded

Absolutely agree with this, my wife and I have been buying most their 'own brand' alternates recently and we've been pleasantly surprised at just how fine they are. Not just chocolate either, but all their products across the board.
I think it's rather sad seeing more adults than ever buying more and more sweets at the checkouts. You're adults for gawds sake. What is going on?
Shrinking houses and flats, shrinking private housing stock, shrinking social housing stock, shrinking pay packet, shrinking personal rights, shrinking career and job opportunities, shrinking exports are far greater worries to us.
CookinBat51 m ago

I think it's rather sad seeing more adults than ever buying more and more …I think it's rather sad seeing more adults than ever buying more and more sweets at the checkouts. You're adults for gawds sake. What is going on?

sweetens their lives when going is tough with bitter experiences?
Toblerone @ 150g for £1 is my reference benchmark for qty of choc.
CookinBat2 h, 0 m ago

I think it's rather sad seeing more adults than ever buying more and more …I think it's rather sad seeing more adults than ever buying more and more sweets at the checkouts. You're adults for gawds sake. What is going on?

Everyone knows sweets are for adults, when we started getting sugar in this country only royalty could afford it, how dare you sully such a fine ingredient by appointment to the Queen no less, with accusations its for kids as some sort of derogatory comment.
kester761st Aug

Not really, chocolate has just got more expensive so the packs get …Not really, chocolate has just got more expensive so the packs get smaller. Better this than them lowering the cocoa content.https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=296058732 140grams for a £1

most of the small tescos only have ones not of offer for me :@
kester761st Aug

Not really, chocolate has just got more expensive so the packs get …Not really, chocolate has just got more expensive so the packs get smaller. Better this than them lowering the cocoa content.https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=296058732 140grams for a £1

It would be fine, if the contents stayed the same and price went up 10-20% - you can handle that. Its when the packet or weight drops by 10-20% and the 2-for-1 or 1.00 bargain is suddenly 1.50, for the lesser weight. The price fluctuation is around 100%.
Dyslexic_Dog2nd Aug

Really?I didn't know that, I see they also changed the weight from 175grm …Really?I didn't know that, I see they also changed the weight from 175grm to 157grm so if you're dyslexic like myself you may not actually realise they have changed.

But if you're a dog like you, you shouldn't really be eating chocolate anyway.
deeky8 h, 32 m ago

But if you're a dog like you, you shouldn't really be eating chocolate …But if you're a dog like you, you shouldn't really be eating chocolate anyway.

I only ever buy them as gifts for others, I'm very good like that!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants