The fickle ways of hukd

Found 27th May
Not the first time it's happened here, but so disheartening, I post a deal and it gets voted cold with no one actually posting a reason for their vote.
I personally don't care about the votes, more about the lack of justification. People on here seem to expect something for nothing all the time.
I may not post again for a while.

The deal
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I think it's really rude. Happens all the time though.
29 Comments
Slow night it’s only been posted for an hour or so, just gone back over zero. You can’t get people to leave comments and the site can be fickle and your product is possibly a bit niche which could be the reason for the temp.
Edited by: "eslick" 27th May
Voted hot because I'm fickle
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 27th May
Predikuesi2 m ago

Voted hot because I'm fickle

Same
I had a look, I just don't think it's a great deal, it's ok. I commented on your deal to support my vote.
ibblackberry16 m ago

I had a look, I just don't think it's a great deal, it's ok. I commented …I had a look, I just don't think it's a great deal, it's ok. I commented on your deal to support my vote.

Thanks. Honest criticism is good. Hiding behind the minus mark is bad.
mrty13 m ago

I don't agree really, you want a system that encourages votes either way so the people vote, if a vote had to be accompanied with a comment each time, then hundreds of deals would be in limbo with zero votes.
Hotukdeals is dying. They ruined it
mrty28 m ago

Imagine if every cold vote required a comment with a reason. May as well call it Fight Club.
33870213-LCn6g.jpgVoted hot
Got a sympathetic hot vote from me.
Have an upvote on me brah.
thanks for pointing them out - not sure how i missed them though as they look vile
hence my cold vote
psychobitchfromhell3 h, 4 m ago

What???????????

Oh the cold votes with no justification

O K
Thought I was getting blamed for something else
philphil6115 m ago

What???????????Oh the cold votes with no justificationO K Thought I …What???????????Oh the cold votes with no justificationO K Thought I was getting blamed for something else

Well hello. Where have you been all week? How is the weather in the midlands? Lovely here up north. Who is blaming you for what or is it a figment of your imagination ?
psychobitchfromhell20 m ago

Well hello. Where have you been all week? How is the weather in the …Well hello. Where have you been all week? How is the weather in the midlands? Lovely here up north. Who is blaming you for what or is it a figment of your imagination ?

Hello to you too

Don't ask me about my imagination...seriously you don't want to go anywhere near there!

As for where have I been?
I could waffle on about a weeks cruise to Iceland and Norway but that would be lying
I could say "I've been extremely busy with family (or other) issues" but that would be lying
I've been in/on here (as in HUKD website)... floating about but more off than on because of the dreadful changes to T's&C's which has destroyed MISC and it's community.
Other than that I've been looking at options to "get out"/travel more eg campervan or similar with space for my Honda PCX. I do love my PCX it's a sweet comfortable ride but trying to get further than 100 miles without motorways and that extra power is troublesome. I'm wanting to do things like the Southern Ireland coastal route and west coast of Scotland

What do I do???
1 - Campervan with space/or trailer for motorbike
2 - Ford Transit type vehicle - thrown in a mattress/camping gas stove etc next to the bike
3 - Pass my Direct Access and get a bigger bike (with panniers) and have more freedom + power

choices, choices, choices

As for the weather... it's been normal (no hurricanes/no tornadoes/no Tsunamis/no heat above 35 and nothing below -10) just normal.... similar to last year and the year before and......

TLDR
Hi
I'm OK - not done much
Weathers fine
Thanks for asking.... or is that being sarcastic
philphil612 h, 49 m ago

Hello to you tooDon't ask me about my imagination...seriously you don't …Hello to you tooDon't ask me about my imagination...seriously you don't want to go anywhere near there!As for where have I been?I could waffle on about a weeks cruise to Iceland and Norway but that would be lyingI could say "I've been extremely busy with family (or other) issues" but that would be lyingI've been in/on here (as in HUKD website)... floating about but more off than on because of the dreadful changes to T's&C's which has destroyed MISC and it's community. Other than that I've been looking at options to "get out"/travel more eg campervan or similar with space for my Honda PCX. I do love my PCX it's a sweet comfortable ride but trying to get further than 100 miles without motorways and that extra power is troublesome. I'm wanting to do things like the Southern Ireland coastal route and west coast of Scotland What do I do??? 1 - Campervan with space/or trailer for motorbike2 - Ford Transit type vehicle - thrown in a mattress/camping gas stove etc next to the bike3 - Pass my Direct Access and get a bigger bike (with panniers) and have more freedom + powerchoices, choices, choicesAs for the weather... it's been normal (no hurricanes/no tornadoes/no Tsunamis/no heat above 35 and nothing below -10) just normal.... similar to last year and the year before and......TLDRHiI'm OK - not done muchWeathers fineThanks for asking.... or is that being sarcastic

glad to know you are still lurking around. Travel is good. I'm thinking of a little trip when I can get my act together now the puppy is a bit older. Probably Cumbria or Wales in the tent for a weekend. I have my freedom back now finally. No crutches or walking boot so I can actually get from a to b in something approaching speed and comfort. Like the idea of the cruise to Iceland and norway. Love to see a bit of slartibartfast's handiwork.
deleted396333
Not great deals often get voted hot without people giving reasons why, but I'm not going to take time out of my day to post about it
philphil6110 h, 20 m ago

I'm wanting to do things like the Southern Ireland coastal route and west …I'm wanting to do things like the Southern Ireland coastal route and west coast of Scotland What do I do???

Little tip if you opt for West coast of Scotland: re midges; last thing at night take a small (approx' enough to sit on small finger nail) amount of chopped fresh garlic like you would a pill - throw in mouth and swallow with water.

It's one of the only things I ever found useful against midges.

If you can't take garlic your only other hope might be an Avon product called 'skin so soft'.
When you take the time to post something people should be courteous and at least let you know why they voted cold. We can and will take a look if we think someone is abusing their voting privileges.
psychobitchfromhell8 h, 41 m ago

glad to know you are still lurking around. Travel is good. I'm thinking of …glad to know you are still lurking around. Travel is good. I'm thinking of a little trip when I can get my act together now the puppy is a bit older. Probably Cumbria or Wales in the tent for a weekend. I have my freedom back now finally. No crutches or walking boot so I can actually get from a to b in something approaching speed and comfort. Like the idea of the cruise to Iceland and norway. Love to see a bit of slartibartfast's handiwork.

I'm always lurking

I don't mind camping or even roughing it (spent many a nights under the stars) but I'm not into glamping it's either roughing it or mini home on wheels with all the added luxuries.

Happy your (excuse the pun) back on your feet again <<< cue Michael Bolton video
but confused... with you being of the opposite sex and stating "actually get from a to b"
I didn't know that was possible roflmao I've always known it as "a via Wallis via John Lewis via Monsoon via River Island (stop somewhere for a coffee then) via Miss Selfridge via Next via Dorothy Perkins to b then back again"

As for the cruise - yes it sounds lovely but never been on a cruise - my dearest was afraid of water/drowning although I taught her to swim a little for when we went supervised snorkelling in Bali and Cancun via jet skies. But you lost me with "slartibartfast" not a Hitch fan if I've got my Google Search correct.

As of now...going on a cruise....on my own! - the cost for single person just doesn't make sense
I think as pointed out above, making giving a reason for a cold vote compulsory would just put people off voting.

Maybe an optional prompt for a comment or quick survey with a few options could be helpful
e.g. Cheaper elsewhere/previously, poor value/ low quality/poor customer experience from seller/other (comment below...) etc

No deal is going to appeal to everyone but if it helps just one person save thats a good thing.
tryn2help1 h, 16 m ago

Little tip if you opt for West coast of Scotland: re midges; last thing at …Little tip if you opt for West coast of Scotland: re midges; last thing at night take a small (approx' enough to sit on small finger nail) amount of chopped fresh garlic like you would a pill - throw in mouth and swallow with water.It's one of the only things I ever found useful against midges.If you can't take garlic your only other hope might be an Avon product called 'skin so soft'.

Thanks for the tip

Garlic isn't a problem..
In fact for me when I consume garlic it's others close by that have the problem
Guessing here but if I ate garlic and went up the west coast all those damn midges would emigrate across the pond.. yippeeee

Does anyone else splash their Chicago Town Pepperoni pizzas with lots of oregano and tabasco?
philphil6111 m ago

I'm always lurking I don't mind camping or even roughing it (spent …I'm always lurking I don't mind camping or even roughing it (spent many a nights under the stars) but I'm not into glamping it's either roughing it or mini home on wheels with all the added luxuries.Happy your (excuse the pun) back on your feet again <<< cue Michael Bolton video but confused... with you being of the opposite sex and stating "actually get from a to b" I didn't know that was possible roflmao I've always known it as "a via Wallis via John Lewis via Monsoon via River Island (stop somewhere for a coffee then) via Miss Selfridge via Next via Dorothy Perkins to b then back again"As for the cruise - yes it sounds lovely but never been on a cruise - my dearest was afraid of water/drowning although I taught her to swim a little for when we went supervised snorkelling in Bali and Cancun via jet skies. But you lost me with "slartibartfast" not a Hitch fan if I've got my Google Search correct. As of now...going on a cruise....on my own! - the cost for single person just doesn't make sense

Slartibartfast designed the fjords.
Not big on shopping even though I'm a girl. Too much to do to waste time shopping.
I fancy a baltic cruise up through Scandinavia to st petersburg . Couldn't be doing with these ones where you spend days and days at sea though, I'd go stir crazy.
psychobitchfromhell21 m ago

Slartibartfast designed the fjords. Not big on shopping even though I'm a …Slartibartfast designed the fjords. Not big on shopping even though I'm a girl. Too much to do to waste time shopping.I fancy a baltic cruise up through Scandinavia to st petersburg . Couldn't be doing with these ones where you spend days and days at sea though, I'd go stir crazy.

What do you mean?
"I'd go stir crazy"
How the hell can you go stir crazy when you're.....

No you didn't Phil...seriously you went there!!! jeeez Phil watch out for the incoming

My Mrs was the same "Too much to do to waste time shopping" except when she needed a new this or that for some special occasion and then I was like Digit from the Sigourney Weaver movie dragging my arms along the ground carrying the bags following her.

As for cruises.. I thought most cruises, in general, you spent nights (and the occasional day) at sea travelling to the next destination/port then disembarked to sightsee that location. I don't know any cruise where "you spend days and nights at sea" unless by choice... but I could be wrong......there I admitted it....just in case
philphil6120 m ago

What do you mean?"I'd go stir crazy"How the hell can you go stir crazy …What do you mean?"I'd go stir crazy"How the hell can you go stir crazy when you're.....No you didn't Phil...seriously you went there!!! jeeez Phil watch out for the incomingMy Mrs was the same "Too much to do to waste time shopping" except when she needed a new this or that for some special occasion and then I was like Digit from the Sigourney Weaver movie dragging my arms along the ground carrying the bags following her.As for cruises.. I thought most cruises, in general, you spent nights (and the occasional day) at sea travelling to the next destination/port then disembarked to sightsee that location. I don't know any cruise where "you spend days and nights at sea" unless by choice... but I could be wrong......there I admitted it....just in case

Some cruises are visiting lots of places and the boat is basically a mode of transport. Others you spend days at sea and that is pretty much the holiday. Couldn't do that. Horses for courses i suppose. Some people go on holiday and never leave the hotel or venture further than the beach. I couldn't do that, I would be bored after half a day.
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 38 m ago

Some cruises are visiting lots of places and the boat is basically a mode …Some cruises are visiting lots of places and the boat is basically a mode of transport. Others you spend days at sea and that is pretty much the holiday. Couldn't do that. Horses for courses i suppose. Some people go on holiday and never leave the hotel or venture further than the beach. I couldn't do that, I would be bored after half a day.

I'm the same (or I was before ill health) where when we went to distant shores we loved to learn/experience the different cultures/lifestyles and sites of interest (but hated the touristy sites if you understand me? - eg loved France but hated Paris). Hardly ever just stayed in the hotel.

Now that ill health has put the kibosh on physical activity I don't think a cruise "with time scales/restrictions" would be enjoyable or worth it financially. Tis why I'm looking at my own transport and/or accommodation (campervan etc) so that I can go further in my own time (or the time my body allows me to fully enjoy the scenery/sites).
philphil6128th May

I'm the same (or I was before ill health) where when we went to distant …I'm the same (or I was before ill health) where when we went to distant shores we loved to learn/experience the different cultures/lifestyles and sites of interest (but hated the touristy sites if you understand me? - eg loved France but hated Paris). Hardly ever just stayed in the hotel. Now that ill health has put the kibosh on physical activity I don't think a cruise "with time scales/restrictions" would be enjoyable or worth it financially. Tis why I'm looking at my own transport and/or accommodation (campervan etc) so that I can go further in my own time (or the time my body allows me to fully enjoy the scenery/sites).

sounds like a plan
I don't care about what temperature my deals get - I just put it out there because I thought it was a good deal (and usually have purchased the item).

If someone else thinks it's a good deal and buys one as well then great, I've helped someone out, if not then never mind.

With that in mind it might be better just to do away with cold vote then only go by how hot the deal actually gets.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants