The final clap for key workers tonight @ 20:00!

Posted 28th May 2020
Dunno if you have been clapping or not but as the coronavirus situation starts to wind down the last clap for keyworkers is tonight @ 20:00.

Lets see it end with a big round of applause!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Willy_Wonka28/05/2020 16:37

Who says it is the end? After this claim I have the upmost respect for …Who says it is the end? After this claim I have the upmost respect for those that carry on & no respect for those that stop it.

You serious? Just because people don’t clap, it doesn’t mean they don’t care. Im a key worker who works nights and haven’t done it once. It wakes me up every Thursday but I still appreciate the NHS. So please have no respect for me. The true meaning of this clap has been lost and has now become a competition between neighbours and a way of judging people who do or do not participate.
Edited by: "_Whatever_" 28th May
I’m getting sick and tired of it all now. It’s went on far to long now. I 100% appreciate everything the NHS and key workers do but it’s becoming a bit tiresome now. My mother is a nurse and she even says the same. Instead of the clapping them reward them with higher salary’s.
Edited by: "JizzKid" 28th May
jimhuf28/05/2020 16:22

If we stop publicly showing appreciation how will people know we …If we stop publicly showing appreciation how will people know we appreciate the NHS? Im worried if we stop clapping people will think we don't care. Is there some kind of filter or flag i can use on facebook to make sure people know?

Please tell me you aren't being serious
If it had remained a clap for a minute it would have been one thing. But with it pushing to 10-20+minutes some weeks with pots and pans, car horns, bloody saxaphones and karaoke it's got stupid. It's not support for many it's a show to put on and outdo others or get attention. And for shift workers and those with young children found it increasingly disruptive. Find a silent way to support. Or atleast pick a better hour for it!
40 Comments
Just cuz the person who started it says it’s final you believe them?? If people still wanna do it going forward feel free.. actually if you wanna do it at 5pm that’s ok too..

You can also write to local officials and ask for more direct pay to nhs and other care staff.
If we stop publicly showing appreciation how will people know we appreciate the NHS? Im worried if we stop clapping people will think we don't care.

Is there some kind of filter or flag i can use on facebook to make sure people know?

If we stop publicly showing appreciation how will people know we …If we stop publicly showing appreciation how will people know we appreciate the NHS? Im worried if we stop clapping people will think we don't care. Is there some kind of filter or flag i can use on facebook to make sure people know?

Please tell me you aren't being serious

I’m getting sick and tired of it all now. It’s went on far to long now. I 100% appreciate everything the NHS and key workers do but it’s becoming a bit tiresome now. My mother is a nurse and she even says the same. Instead of the clapping them reward them with higher salary’s.
Edited by: "JizzKid" 28th May
Who says it is the end? After this claim I have the upmost respect for those that carry on & no respect for those that stop it.
absolutely ridiculous , the whole thing

it should have been a one time thing, or a monthly thing

not a, we’re gonna do a weekly clap for carers, and when we get bored; just suddenly stop

I hope the guy across the way, didn’t stock up on too many fireworks

Who says it is the end? After this claim I have the upmost respect for …Who says it is the end? After this claim I have the upmost respect for those that carry on & no respect for those that stop it.

You serious? Just because people don’t clap, it doesn’t mean they don’t care. Im a key worker who works nights and haven’t done it once. It wakes me up every Thursday but I still appreciate the NHS. So please have no respect for me. The true meaning of this clap has been lost and has now become a competition between neighbours and a way of judging people who do or do not participate.
Edited by: "_Whatever_" 28th May
JizzKid28/05/2020 16:35

I’m getting sick and tired of it all now. It’s went on far to long now. I 1 …I’m getting sick and tired of it all now. It’s went on far to long now. I 100% appreciate everything the NHS and key workers do but it’s becoming a bit tiresome now. My mother is a nurse and she even says the same. Instead of the clapping them reward them with higher salary’s.

Just front line nurses not all off them
Scotland131428/05/2020 17:27

Just front line nurses not all off them

Still think care assistants are under paid in my opinion

Tell the government to give them a decent pay to the over 50% that are not getting it. This clapping business is done by the government to avoid this subject and give false appreciation.
If it had remained a clap for a minute it would have been one thing. But with it pushing to 10-20+minutes some weeks with pots and pans, car horns, bloody saxaphones and karaoke it's got stupid. It's not support for many it's a show to put on and outdo others or get attention. And for shift workers and those with young children found it increasingly disruptive. Find a silent way to support. Or atleast pick a better hour for it!
JizzKid28/05/2020 17:29

Still think care assistants are under paid in my opinion

The care assistants are under paid but have a look at what band 6-7-8 and upwards are getting paid

You applauding them in your street doesn't make any difference as to how much you respect them. It's cringey now. My mum works for the NHS and she doesn't even go out anymore. When you do something for so long the novelty wears off and it becomes meaningless
I totally agree and my wife and her colleagues who works for the NHS agree it's become very diluted. Trouble is like others have said its become a loudness competition which is why you get the attention seekers like my neighbour going out with their pots, pans and air horns ruining it for what it was originally meant for. Trouble is, if you don't do it, you get shamed by the local gossips or on the local area Facebook/WhatsApp groups
Edited by: "ncd" 29th May
_Whatever_28/05/2020 17:25

You serious? Just because people don’t clap, it doesn’t mean they don’t car …You serious? Just because people don’t clap, it doesn’t mean they don’t care.

I think you have misunderstood. This was a voluntary action & now "we" are being to it is the last day?

By whom exactly? Who decides when people stop or not? Sheeple will follow the new message & just follow the press. Real people will make their own minds up & decide for themselves.
To be honest this whole COVID-19 situation has just produced more people thriving for attention (more so than usual). Kids singing and parents filming them and uploading to facebook, youtube etc, people trying to trend on Tik-Tok or Instagram, people singing in the street creating noise all night for their neighbours, celebrities crying in their million pound mansions with all the space in the World whilst most of us are stuck in flats with no garden to at least get some sun in. Adverts trying to take advantage of the situation to sell their product, Makes me sick...

That or Covid has just made me more miserable than usual.
I stopped 4 weeks ago
MR112328/05/2020 17:32

Tell the government to give them a decent pay to the over 50% that are not …Tell the government to give them a decent pay to the over 50% that are not getting it. This clapping business is done by the government to avoid this subject and give false appreciation.

They do it for the love and because they are good eggs, i think they would be insulted with more money. I will clap harder for them
I haven't been clapping, but noticed the ones that have are the same ones that have had friends and family visit inside their homes every day for weeks.
splatsplatsplat28/05/2020 19:22

I haven't been clapping, but noticed the ones that have are the same ones …I haven't been clapping, but noticed the ones that have are the same ones that have had friends and family visit inside their homes every day for weeks.

Bang

on

the

Money.
jimhuf28/05/2020 19:11

They do it for the love and because they are good eggs, i think they would …They do it for the love and because they are good eggs, i think they would be insulted with more money. I will clap harder for them

What on earth are you talking about. This is not like bribing your future father in law. You are on the hasish obviously there's something wrong with you. See a doctor please.
splatsplatsplat28/05/2020 19:22

I haven't been clapping, but noticed the ones that have are the same ones …I haven't been clapping, but noticed the ones that have are the same ones that have had friends and family visit inside their homes every day for weeks.

Yep, the attention seeking bi... neighbour I have the misfortune of living next to, goes out with her family making as much noise as they can then next day has loads of friends on her drive "socially distancing". That's if call half a metre from each other social distancing. Done the same on the VE Day celebrations day as well. And breathe 1, 2, 3....
I live next to a nurse and her daughter's family have been inside there house on several occasions including VE celebrations day when they chose to have a picnic together. I'm sure she does a great job when in work but outside she should follow the rules like everyone else.
Edited by: "iamtheoneandonly" 29th May
My street is obviously filled with miserable s o d's. Heard one person clapping the first day and nothing since then
Satan_Claws29/05/2020 08:56

My street is obviously filled with miserable s o d's. Heard one person …My street is obviously filled with miserable s o d's. Heard one person clapping the first day and nothing since then

Lead by example
I've never done it, not for a lack of support for the NHS, but due to the hypocrisy of the neighbours around me. Not one household has abided by the rules about letting people into their homes from day one, yet they're out clapping every Thursday night.
Willy_Wonka28/05/2020 18:10

I think you have misunderstood. This was a voluntary action & now "we" are …I think you have misunderstood. This was a voluntary action & now "we" are being to it is the last day? By whom exactly? Who decides when people stop or not? Sheeple will follow the new message & just follow the press. Real people will make their own minds up & decide for themselves.

Ironic that you criticise “sheeple” for stopping but don’t recognise that you were one when you started doing it?
winzzz28/05/2020 19:03

I stopped 4 weeks ago

I stopped 10wks ago This has been a farce from day one, the NHS has been around since 1948 and has been criticised for delayed ops, sued for hundreds of millions and accused of squandering funds. Then this comes along and people actually see how much we rely on them and everyone goes NHS mental??

Hypocrisy and ignorance at its worst, everyone who went out even once, should be made to go out EVERY Thursday for the rest of their lives. Stopping just as things start to get back to normal shows the shallowness of the sentiment, still, at least they had one last chance to get a self promoting Facebook video
A 'voluntarily' action that would interrupt TV broadcasts to command that the sheeple perform a ritual akin to 1984 Big Brother.
Edited by: "Frankie77" 29th May
Frankie7729/05/2020 10:15

A 'voluntarily' action that would interrupt TV broadcasts to command that …A 'voluntarily' action that would interrupt TV broadcasts to command that the sheeple perform a ritual akin to 1984 Big Brother.

It’s all gone a bit mental. People usually don’t trust anything a politician says, but now we’re all avoiding loved ones, treating other humans like a walking threat to life and queuing like zombies without question? All for what... to “protect our NHS”?? Who’s going to “protect our NHS” when the country is bankrupt due to a massive overreaction? We KNEW Italy had data to suggest that anyone who is fit and healthy will likely suffer nothing more than flu symptoms, so why close the country? They are making it up as they go along, why are we accepting that we can’t see friends today as we’ll all die...but it’s fine to see them in 3days time????
Edited by: "Timschoice" 29th May
Timschoice29/05/2020 10:37

It’s all gone a bit mental. People usually don’t trust anything a pol …It’s all gone a bit mental. People usually don’t trust anything a politician says, but now we’re all avoiding loved ones, treating other humans like a walking threat to life and queuing like zombies without question? All for what... to “protect our NHS”?? Who’s going to “protect our NHS” when the country is bankrupt due to a massive overreaction? We KNEW Italy had data to suggest that anyone who is fit and healthy will likely suffer nothing more than flu symptoms, so why close the country? They are making it up as they go along, why are we accepting that we can’t see friends today as we’ll all die...but it’s fine to see them in 3days time????

Ssshh, your problem is you're thinking, stop thinking.
Well done everyone for the final clap!

Its not the end of Corona days UK, but its certainty the end of the beginning!

Onwards, up the steps of the ladder to restarting of life!
Edited by: "groenleader" 29th May
IamOpica29/05/2020 12:15

Comment deleted

Of course they will, some through social pressure, some so they can keep posting it on their social media and others because they are under the illusion that it actually help. Regardless, they’re doing no harm other than looking a bit foolish.... but that’s not stopped them for the last 10wks
Edited by: "Timschoice" 29th May
iamtheoneandonly29/05/2020 04:26

I live next to a nurse and her daughter's family have been inside there …I live next to a nurse and her daughter's family have been inside there house on several occasions including VE celebrations day when they chose to have a picnic together. I'm sure she does a great job when in work but outside she should follow the rules like everyone else.

Having a picnic in her garden is not a crime
JizzKid29/05/2020 14:34

Having a picnic in her garden is not a crime

It is when it involves family from another household who aren't social distancing
Whoohoo28/05/2020 17:37

If it had remained a clap for a minute it would have been one thing. But …If it had remained a clap for a minute it would have been one thing. But with it pushing to 10-20+minutes some weeks with pots and pans, car horns, bloody saxaphones and karaoke it's got stupid. It's not support for many it's a show to put on and outdo others or get attention. And for shift workers and those with young children found it increasingly disruptive. Find a silent way to support. Or atleast pick a better hour for it!

This. I have two young children and one sleeps through it and the baby always wakes up. A neighbour made a comment about me not doing the clap and when I mentioned it clashes with bedtime she was horrified - “I’m surprised they sleep through it.” I just made polite noises when I should’ve said “No, they don’t - that’s why you don’t see me outside”
Post a comment
@
    Text