Groups

The first "Neolithic" long barrow to be built in the UK for 5,500 years has been completed

Two years ago how did I miss this ?
    always joked I want something like this built for me when I die
    guess this is the next best thing 1k mind
    bbc.co.uk/new…327

thelongbarrow.com/

25 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.thelongbarrow.com/application/assets/uploads/gallery/10499608_10152501278683022_2450053775340795064_o.jpg

This was on Countryfile last Sunday, you are too slow as all places have been taken.

Original Poster

airfix

This was on Countryfile last Sunday, you are too slow as all places have … This was on Countryfile last Sunday, you are too slow as all places have been taken.

Yeah just saw it on it on the repeat
    oh well back to collecting stones then X)

thewongwing101

Yeah just saw it on it on the repeatoh well back to collecting stones … Yeah just saw it on it on the repeatoh well back to collecting stones then X)

Why not try the diy version ?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/4f/27/2c/4f272ca399f06ef3b3050a6394c3edf0.jpg

Banned

Only 1000 spaces. Won't take long to fill I image. Then what?

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

see above
    stay in the landscape like its predecessors ?

MrScotchBonnet

Sounds like a nice business idea, it cost £200,000 to build, holds 1000 at £1000 each, makes £1million....£800,000 profit

Banned

airfix

Sounds like a nice business idea, it cost £200,000 to build, holds 1000 … Sounds like a nice business idea, it cost £200,000 to build, holds 1000 at £1000 each, makes £1million....£800,000 profit

Ah, So build another then. X)

Banned

Don't forget the security wages.

http://ryanhoeler.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/doofy-81.jpg

MrScotchBonnet

You image something else?

MrScotchBonnet

Don't forget the security wages.

A bag of nuts for him X)

airfix

Why not try the diy version ? I like it X)

Banned

fanpages

You image something else?

That was left deliberately for you.

thewongwing101

The "Sunday lunch dump" I will be dropping later on would need two of these.

I suppose they asked Deeky for his knowledge and expertise on how to build it correctly

Original Poster

philphil61

I suppose they asked Deeky for his knowledge and expertise on how to … I suppose they asked Deeky for his knowledge and expertise on how to build it correctly

I haven't yet read the website fully but the guy in charge is/was a steward at stonehenge
    so they used all the correct materials and so forth

Bit posh for me. You an just feed to to some stay cats or something when I die. I'll be dead, I won't notice.

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

Bit posh for me. You an just feed to to some stay cats or something when … Bit posh for me. You an just feed to to some stay cats or something when I die. I'll be dead, I won't notice.

Well these things were built for the elite
    and I don't think much has changed X)

Also the bbc has made an awful blooper with the bit about Anglo Saxons nothing to do with long barrows
    Edited by: "Wongy110" 4th Sep 2016

thewongwing101

Well these things were built for the eliteand I don't think much has … Well these things were built for the eliteand I don't think much has changed X)Also the bbc has made an awful blooper was the bit about Anglo Saxons nothing to do with long barrows

You are saying I am not 1337?

Well... how very dare you!

The BBC lacking quality control?

http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg5c5xbNx91qewsw4o1_500.gif

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

You are saying I am not 1337? Well... how very dare you! :{The BBC … You are saying I am not 1337? Well... how very dare you! :{The BBC lacking quality control?

Err yes
    but that would be at least 4500

I think you'll find the Teletubbies beat them to it!

http://i68.tinypic.com/otq1yc.jpg

Original Poster

Mark2111

That is a round barrow Mark

Mark2111

The Teletubbies one is a hundred times better and you can keep your ashes in Tinky Winky's handbag "Eh-oh!" X)

i read somewhere else it was £100 to put ashes inside or only £30 to visit the place...we should have a Misc day trip X)

Original Poster

DarkEnergy2012

i read somewhere else it was £100 to put ashes inside or only £30 to v … i read somewhere else it was £100 to put ashes inside or only £30 to visit the place...we should have a Misc day trip X)

Oh yeah it says on the faqs X)
    £30 a bit steep but I guess they made a loss on the urns
    open day on the 17th if you want to look inside
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044544
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      3. Spotify Family Premium share721
      4. Best £500 student laptop choice?11

See more discussions