"The Gallery" @ Odeon Cinemas - anyone been?

Found 24th Oct 2012
Looking to book tickets for James Bond: 007 Skyfall at Metrocentre, Gateshead.

Was recommend the pay the extra and go to The Gallery viewing, whereby you get unlimited Soft Drinks, Nacho's and Popcorn.

Not sure if its worth it, so just wondered if anyone had been recently and if so, what it was like? Is the extra £5 (Tuesday Bargain Day) - £9 (Peak Time)

Is it the IMAX screening, or the normal Odeon Screening

18 Comments

It's the normal screening but you're sat above everyone else is bigger comfier chairs. For a longish film it'll be well worth it if you get your moneys worth. Just eat your heart out an enjoy the film

Well I suppose if you were to buy popcorn and a drink anyway it would come to £7 odd quid so £9 for unlimited soft drinks and the other bits it isn't bad.

Wish they had that in Oxford....

Be careful, they say its unlimited drinks and popcorn but I have only ever been able to take 1 bottle and 1 lot of popcorn per person (although that was sufficient). The popcorn is in the small boxes. However, I would recommend it. This was also at the metrocentre.

Oh and it can be in any type of film. IMAX or normal.

Can you not go back up for another drink/popcorn?

Original Poster

well this is what it says ......

The Gallery is for people over 18. Once you have purchased your ticket please make your way to the VIP Gallery Bar where you can enjoy unlimited soft drinks, popcorn and nachos. We hope you enjoy your Gallery experience - an extravagant experience at an extraordinary price.

When we went, we got there about half an hour before hand and had a drink and some nachos each. We took popcorn and another drink in with us, and then when we were at the rubbish bits of the popcorn we both got a new one each and a new drink each. Total of 3 drinks, 2 popcorns and 1 nachos each

My kids & I have used the VIP Gallery seating at the Showcase Cinema at the Bluewater Shopping Centre, Greenhithe, Kent a few times.

Free "unlimited" hot drinks are also available (before, during, & after a screening) as well as Nachos (for two to share) with salsa, two small boxes of Mars Celebration chocolates, & two muffins (one chocolate, one blueberry).

There is a private bar (& alcohol can be taken into the theatres), & a separate lounge area for relaxing either before, &/or after the screening(s).

As Mikethemanc mentioned, depending on the size of the theatre, you are sat above all the peasants in the stalls, or there is simply a physical divide (low partition wall) to separate you from the hoi polloi.

PS. Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Edited by: "fanpages" 24th Oct 2012

Original Poster

def gonna go to this then.... 1pm or 930pm screening.... hmmmmm ;-)

Disco

well this is what it says ...... The Gallery is for people over 18. Once … well this is what it says ...... The Gallery is for people over 18. Once you have purchased your ticket please make your way to the VIP Gallery Bar where you can enjoy unlimited soft drinks, popcorn and nachos. We hope you enjoy your Gallery experience - an extravagant experience at an extraordinary price.

So just unlimited soft drinks.
...Plus popcorn, & nachos.

Original Poster

unlimited everything? surely?

anyone know if Empire Cinemas do anything similar?
Edited by: "Disco" 24th Oct 2012

Disco

unlimited everything? surely?

It depends on how you read/comprehend the poor English in the quoted statement.

If they wanted to restrict the popcorn & nachos, they could do so.

Disco

anyone know if Empire Cinemas do anything similar?

I think the availability of VIP Gallery seating will depend on the venue.

Google.com, for instance, found this example:

[ towerparkentertainment.co.uk/ven…ema ]

Original Poster

cant find anything on the Empire site...

Empire recently put in 4 new studio screens and a bar in the Newcastle cinema:

empirecinemas.co.uk/ind…php?page=nowshowing&tbx_site_id=17

(Top banner)

Original Poster

Odeon have just confirmed on FB, it includes Unlimited on all THREE items.

Disco

Odeon have just confirmed on FB, it includes Unlimited on all THREE items.

Maybe you could try contacting them directly next time you have a query.

Original Poster

or maybe I could ask the kind on here. If you didn't want to reply, or never had a sensible reply, then why bother?

Disco

or maybe I could ask the kind on here. If you didn't want to reply, or … or maybe I could ask the kind on here. If you didn't want to reply, or never had a sensible reply, then why bother?

OK.
I will not bother with your threads in the future.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants