Found 18th Dec 2014
Anyone have any experience of this country?
People have suggested going there for a cheap holiday in the past, and I note those Holiday Pirates people seem to have some kind of deal going on at the moment.

I've checked the FCO site and unless you are a gay, a murderer or an arsonist, you should be OK I think.

Anyone know if there's any potential for a sudden outbreak of terrorism or Ebola given the proximity to countries where these things seem to happen already?

Does seem like a good bargain holiday destination, so wondering if there are any hidden issues one needs to watch out for.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

Banned

I would avoid expressing your views on current affairs.

Original Poster Banned

toshapetriji

I would avoid expressing your views on current affairs.

No worries, I save them for HUKD.

Banned

Villa

No worries, I save them for HUKD.

I guessed your nerve wouldn't hold out there.

I went a good few years ago and absolutely loved it! The place is corrupt, very 3rd world but a great place to be. We never felt threatened or unsafe and we met some good local Gambians that we spent alot of time with. Each to their own though i guess

Original Poster Banned

sdoherty1000

I went a good few years ago and absolutely loved it! The place is … I went a good few years ago and absolutely loved it! The place is corrupt, very 3rd world but a great place to be. We never felt threatened or unsafe and we met some good local Gambians that we spent alot of time with. Each to their own though i guess

I'm too scared to leave the hotel / resort to be honest.
Just fancy a bit of after-xmas sun - the place seems to be near the equator so should be hot all year round.

You will probably go straight to the tourist area so you will miss the locals, you should be very safe, but the toursit areas do rip you off on the prices.

I've checked the FCO site and unless you are a gay, a murderer or an … I've checked the FCO site and unless you are a gay, a murderer or an arsonist, you should be OK I think.

What if you're a wobber or a wapist?

Original Poster Banned

kjcoolcat

What if you're a wobber or a wapist?

Then you might be in twuble
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge610
    2. Advice on selling an iPhone?67
    3. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc11
    4. How to switch between open apps on an Android box22

See more discussions