The Game Collection pre-order

Posted 23rd Mar
I have a pre-order with The Game Collection. As we're now in lockdown, I just wondered if I'll still receive the game if lockdown is still on when the game is released. As I understand, non-essential stores are due to be closed and a game isn't an essential item. Does anyone know what is likely to happen?

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
They are not a store. They are online. They’ve shut down the places people go to unnecessarily, eg shoe shopping
Edited by: "choccie32" 23rd Mar
online retailers will still be open. only the physical shops can't open their stores. deliveries are still carrying on.
choccie3223/03/2020 21:39

They are not a store. They are online. They’ve shut down the places p …They are not a store. They are online. They’ve shut down the places people go to unnecessarily, eg shoe shopping

Thanks. Can non-essential stores like Curry's still operate online do you know?
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 23rd Mar
mutley123/03/2020 21:51

online retailers will still be open. only the physical shops can't open …online retailers will still be open. only the physical shops can't open their stores. deliveries are still carrying on.

Thanks. I'm guessing this means post offices will still be open? If they close then looks like I won't be getting the game delivered and will have to go digital instead.
andrewworrall123/03/2020 21:53

Thanks. I'm guessing this means post offices will still be open? If they …Thanks. I'm guessing this means post offices will still be open? If they close then looks like I won't be getting the game delivered and will have to go digital instead.

i think banks and post offices are still open. the Welsh guy specifically said these two remains open. so i think that will be the same in England as they said that online stores will stay open in England.
andrewworrall123/03/2020 21:52

Thanks. Can non-essential stores like Curry's still operate online do you …Thanks. Can non-essential stores like Curry's still operate online do you know?

apparently yes, but i am not clear on how they are going to get stock so maybe the manufactures can stay open.

actually. they said people can only go to work if they are key workers, so not sure how this will work
Edited by: "mutley1" 23rd Mar
mutley123/03/2020 21:57

actually. they said people can only go to work if they are key workers,

No they didn't
mutley123/03/2020 21:57

they said people can only go to work if they are key workers, so not sure …they said people can only go to work if they are key workers, so not sure how this will work

No they didn't. They said if you can't work from home you can go to work.

Please, please stop giving wrong information.

'What do the new restrictions involve?In brief: an Italian-style lockdown to force people to stay at home beyond a small range of very limited circumstances. Under the terms explained by Boris Johnson in his TV address, people will be allowed to leave home only for the following reasons:

• shopping for necessities, as infrequently as possible;
  • one form of exercise a day, such as running or cycling, alone or with household members;
  • for medical or care needs, for example to help a vulnerable person;
  • travelling to and from work, but only if you cannot work from home.

theguardian.com/wor…ons
Edited by: "deeky" 23rd Mar
tregs23/03/2020 22:10

No they didn't

the newscaster said she wasnt sure who could go to work, and the other newscaster said key workers. the primeminister didn't say exactly who.
Edited by: "mutley1" 23rd Mar
andrewworrall123/03/2020 21:52

Thanks. Can non-essential stores like Curry's still operate online do you …Thanks. Can non-essential stores like Curry's still operate online do you know?

Yes the online side of the business will be still working

Post offices will remain open.
Royal Mail will also still be delivering- they will
Also be delivering medication for some people, my postman said this morning
He actually said - " travelling to and from essential work"

You also need to read the full government guidance link. He did not state what you said -"people can only go to work if they are key workers"
Edited by: "tregs" 23rd Mar
tregs23/03/2020 22:32

You need to read the full government guidance. He did not state what you …You need to read the full government guidance. He did not state what you said -"people can only go to work if they are key workers"

i don't think it is very clear what his message is for going to work, and that was why the newscaster was asking her colleague for clarification as it says only if absolutely necessary, what exactly does that mean?

her colleague says it means key workers as only their work is absolutely necessary. we will find out soon enough i guess.
mutley123/03/2020 22:36

i don't think it is very clear what his message is for going to work, and …i don't think it is very clear what his message is for going to work, and that was why the newscaster was asking her colleague for clarification as it says only if absolutely necessary, what exactly does that mean?her colleague says it means key workers as only their work is absolutely necessary. we will find out soon enough i guess.

Did you read the link I provided?
Anyway, please don't reply. we are taking this thread off topic and is not fair on the OP
Edited by: "tregs" 23rd Mar
mutley123/03/2020 22:36

i don't think it is very clear what his message is for going to work, and …i don't think it is very clear what his message is for going to work, and that was why the newscaster was asking her colleague for clarification as it says only if absolutely necessary, what exactly does that mean?her colleague says it means key workers as only their work is absolutely necessary. we will find out soon enough i guess.

From @tregs link...

● Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.

That means everyone except those told to work from home/told they are shutting shop.
tregs23/03/2020 22:32

He actually said - " travelling to and from essential work"You also need …He actually said - " travelling to and from essential work"You also need to read the full government guidance link. He did not state what you said -"people can only go to work if they are key workers"

Do you know if TV shows that are live will still go ahead? Not sure if that's "essential" work.
andrewworrall123/03/2020 23:22

Do you know if TV shows that are live will still go ahead? Not sure if …Do you know if TV shows that are live will still go ahead? Not sure if that's "essential" work.

No, I don't know
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants