Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

The Game Collection Preorder

Posted 17th Sep
I’ve preordered a game off thegamecollection and looking at their T&Cs it states I won’t be charged until a few days before its release (in March)

Literally a minute later I get an email off PayPal saying the payment has been taken.

Does anyone know what the actual situation is?

Thanks
Community Updates
10 Comments
Just curious, what game were you pre-ordering that isn't available until March next year? I think that's why I don't mind pre-ordering at Amazon as they have their lowest price guarantee so that if the price drops at any point you'll pay the lowest amount and shouldn't be charged until dispatch. That seems a bit off that you've had payment taken already from TGC.
Haircut_10017/09/2019 18:31

Just curious, what game were you pre-ordering that isn't available until …Just curious, what game were you pre-ordering that isn't available until March next year? I think that's why I don't mind pre-ordering at Amazon as they have their lowest price guarantee so that if the price drops at any point you'll pay the lowest amount and shouldn't be charged until dispatch. That seems a bit off that you've had payment taken already from TGC.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

And I would have gone through Amazon too had I known this happened. It even states they won’t take the money.

TGC have a price guarantee too
38485890-tgOKC.jpg
I was charged straight away when I pre ordered crash team racing it also didn’t arrive on launch day, wouldn’t use them again
John_Shortland17/09/2019 18:50

I was charged straight away when I pre ordered crash team racing it also …I was charged straight away when I pre ordered crash team racing it also didn’t arrive on launch day, wouldn’t use them again

I’ll cancel then. Shame as they have been good with previous buys. Just this has really annoyed me as I don’t have the money. Obviously not knowing I’d get charged 😡
CupN00dle17/09/2019 19:07

I’ll cancel then. Shame as they have been good with previous buys. Just t …I’ll cancel then. Shame as they have been good with previous buys. Just this has really annoyed me as I don’t have the money. Obviously not knowing I’d get charged 😡

Maybe it’s because you used PayPal?
I have to say GC have been the even better than amazon with every single one of my orders, always next day. However, just like everyone else who has to rely on Royal Mail, they will suffer the let downs of Royal Mail when they fail to deliver on time, something the GC can’t help.
choccie3217/09/2019 20:10

Maybe it’s because you used PayPal? I have to say GC have been the even b …Maybe it’s because you used PayPal? I have to say GC have been the even better than amazon with every single one of my orders, always next day. However, just like everyone else who has to rely on Royal Mail, they will suffer the let downs of Royal Mail when they fail to deliver on time, something the GC can’t help.

I did use PayPal but I shouldn’t have been charged as I’m well out of the 28 day before release period. I don’t understand it as they clearly state payment will be taken a few days before dispatch

It’s a shame as I’ve never had any issues with TGC before. Always deliver within a day of ordering etc. But I ordered knowing, after reading their T&Cs, that they wouldn’t take the money until the release and they did
CupN00dle17/09/2019 20:18

I did use PayPal but I shouldn’t have been charged as I’m well out of the 2 …I did use PayPal but I shouldn’t have been charged as I’m well out of the 28 day before release period. I don’t understand it as they clearly state payment will be taken a few days before dispatch It’s a shame as I’ve never had any issues with TGC before. Always deliver within a day of ordering etc. But I ordered knowing, after reading their T&Cs, that they wouldn’t take the money until the release and they did

I know you shouldn’t have been, but I’m just wondering if that is where the error lies, something to do with the set up of PayPal for preorders?
choccie3217/09/2019 20:27

I know you shouldn’t have been, but I’m just wondering if that is where the …I know you shouldn’t have been, but I’m just wondering if that is where the error lies, something to do with the set up of PayPal for preorders?

I’m not sure really I emailed them and cancelled. Maybe it could be but it shouldn’t be as per their T&Cs. I’m very confused
I think you need to reread the 3rd paragraph again. It clearly states payment will be taken within 28 days if the pre order is made more than 28 days before release.
Edited by: "redcantona" 17th Sep
I bought from tgc before , they charged me when it was dispatched but i did not use PayPal
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants