Found 9th Jun
GENERAL in bold as anything goes in here. If you find any other threads a bit niche, overly-censored, dictatorial on content, or just too dry, feel free to express any thoughts here.

Anything goes. Shocked at the developments overnight, or just as you expected? Speculation about the the future of the Party leaders, or their prospective successors. Cabinet positions to be filled. Has the Abbott factor been a swing issue within the electorate? Will this be the election where the youth vote, and overall turnout proved a critical factor? Brexit is not a no-go area. Discuss these, or any other related subject at will.

Are we facing a strong and stable future? A coalition of chaos? Another election within months? Something different altogether?

MIght head to bed before long as decisive elements may only be clearer in the morning. But feel free to speculate wildly whilst agreeing or arguing (respectfully).

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

So, after smearing Corbyn for having ties to NI terrorists... May has formed a coalition with a party formed by a NI terrorist?

You couldn't make this up.

shadey12

quite funny, students voting for no student loans but wanting to put the … quite funny, students voting for no student loans but wanting to put the country in debt.

Even funnier - middle aged politicians and voters who benefited from a free university education scoffing at today's youth for daring to want that same opportunity.

The audacity of those kids, eh?
Edited by: "RossD89" 9th Jun

Complete and utter humiliation for the tories and Theresa May, the queen will probably banter her into a meltdown when they meet later today. Well done to the young people who went out and voted, you can't have a proper representation if people are too lazy to vote.

Also icing on the cake that the Tories will have to deal with the irony of forming a coalition with the DUP after their campaign was focused on smearing Corbyn with the IRA sympathiser crap.

nemesiz

What I didn't appreciate was Jeremy Corbyn insistence Teresa May step … What I didn't appreciate was Jeremy Corbyn insistence Teresa May step down as Prime Minister. Not only is it disrespectful to your rival, but isn't the right time or place, especially for the opposition party to comment. Usually all parties reflect on the election day, taking into account what has overall transpired and understand the result before commenting.

Disrespectful? Don't make me laugh.

He has taken insults from her, her party, the media... you want to talk about disrespect? brilliant. :DDDDDDDDDDDD
501 Comments

This'll be fun.

Hopes for a majority UKIP government fading.

Most sensible comments so far are from Kenneth Clarke's interview on BBC. Worse case scenario is a hung parliament.

Up Labour, Tory boo hiss.. that is all
Edited by: "haritori" 9th Jun

Thank God for that. Now let's get this Sexiest MP returned so far debate rolling.

Original Poster

colin4man

Most sensible comments so far are from Kenneth Clarke's interview on BBC. … Most sensible comments so far are from Kenneth Clarke's interview on BBC. Worse case scenario is a hung parliament.

Just started reading his autobiography. Always expresses a calm and considered view on most matters. Arguably the best leader the Conservatives never had due to his pro-European stance not sitting well with too many backbenchers. Shame really.

Spam.

Fecking woman's knickers!

fivegoldstars

Thank God for that. Now let's get this Sexiest MP returned so far debate … Thank God for that. Now let's get this Sexiest MP returned so far debate rolling.

No contest. X)
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSME9hU8F9IFIav2lGEintU5s21WePg2LAeUikUoppanzWXapCz9Q

Original Poster

Wongy110

Spam.

Why? Love your competition thread by the way. Very generous with that NowTV code.

Original Poster

fivegoldstars

Thank God for that. Now let's get this Sexiest MP returned so far debate … Thank God for that. Now let's get this Sexiest MP returned so far debate rolling.

Always thought Heidi Allen was rather nice.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1ggCadXN6yI/maxresdefault.jpg

Early days but can't see May not taking a major hit from this whole election based on their manifesto and the way she handled herself.
She personally needs them to boost their majority not to come across as a loser.
Maybe the real question is how this will impact the flaccidity or otherwise of Brexit?
If it goes pear shape and the Conservatives lack a majority the country may (ha ha) be left in limbo not that the image of her doing the limbo appeals.

UK vote share change since 2015 after 13 of 650 seats:

LAB Labour +9.2
CON Conservative +7.5
UKIP -13.6
Edited by: "Agharta" 9th Jun

Original Poster

Agharta

Early days but can't see May not taking a major hit from this whole … Early days but can't see May not taking a major hit from this whole election based on their manifesto and the way she handled herself.She personally needs them to boost their majority not to come across as a loser.Maybe the real question is how this will impact the flaccidity or otherwise of Brexit?If it goes pear shape and the Conservatives lack a majority the country may (ha ha) be left in limbo not that the image of her doing the limbo appeals.

Hard to argue that Theresa May's stock has fallen at the same rate as Jeremy Corbyn's has risen during this election. I think I could make a decent go at delivering her closing stump speech without notes. Disappointing, as I felt a tremendous amount of (hopeful) goodwill for her less than a year ago.

Is this shaunes fantasy woman describing their recent romantic rendezvous? X)
https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/pri_42452133.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=300&h=168&crop=1

Original Poster

CookinBat

Is this shaunes fantasy woman describing their recent romantic … Is this shaunes fantasy woman describing their recent romantic rendezvous? X)

Is that what she was up to in the farmer's wheat field?

Saturn

Hard to argue that Theresa May's stock has fallen at the same rate as … Hard to argue that Theresa May's stock has fallen at the same rate as Jeremy Corbyn's has risen during this election. I think I could make a decent go at delivering her closing stump speech without notes. Disappointing, as I felt a tremendous amount of (hopeful) goodwill for her less than a year ago.

Initially I thought she seemed reasonably calm and sensible but it's a high pressure gig so I don't blame her if the pressure has got to her.
Politics seems to be a brutal world full of chancers, egotists and zealots and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Corbyn for all his flaws as a leader does come across as a decent and fairly regular guy and has gone up in my estimation even if his retro politics may not play well in 2017 in reality; I don't know.

Agharta

UK vote share change since 2015 after 15 of 650 seats:LAB Labour +9.2CON … UK vote share change since 2015 after 15 of 650 seats:LAB Labour +9.2CON Conservative +7.6UKIP -13.5

CookinBat

Is this shaunes fantasy woman describing their recent romantic … Is this shaunes fantasy woman describing their recent romantic rendezvous? X)

That looks more like a soft Brexit!

Original Poster

Agharta

Initially I thought she seemed reasonably calm and sensible but it's a … Initially I thought she seemed reasonably calm and sensible but it's a high pressure gig so I don't blame her if the pressure has got to her.Politics seems to be a brutal world full of chancers, egotists and zealots and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.Corbyn for all his flaws as a leader does come across as a decent and fairly regular guy and has gone up in my estimation even if his retro politics may not play well in 2017 in reality; I don't know.

I welcomed her as a change from the PR obsessed nature of recent Prime Ministers. No problem with her appearing slightly awkward on camera if she was more focussed on doing the important work behind closed doors. Unfortunately the achingly repetitive, and rather dreary, content of her campaign pitches does point to a worrying lack of depth and mental agility. Corbyn has surprised me, and I think he has run the best campaign he possibly could considering his starting point with the general public. Well done, JC, whatever the overall outcome.

Tories are paying for a totally inept campaign . Labour are gaining from conning the population with their bribes . Fortunately enough intelligent folk seem to have overlooked the Tories disastrous campaign and voted for the principles of a sound economic policy to get the Tories a small overall majority ,

Theresa May and her campaign managers are now toast - and rightly so - totally unable to dismantle the fairy stories and bribes that comprised the Labour campaign.

Saturn

I welcomed her as a change from the PR obsessed nature of recent Prime … I welcomed her as a change from the PR obsessed nature of recent Prime Ministers. No problem with her appearing slightly awkward on camera if she was more focussed on doing the important work behind closed doors. Unfortunately the achingly repetitive, and rather dreary, content of her campaign pitches does point to a worrying lack of depth and mental agility. Corbyn has surprised me, and I think he has run the best campaign he possibly could considering his starting point with the general public. Well done, JC, whatever the overall outcome.

If Labour paired Corbyn with some other solid people they'd come across a lot better but that Abbott woman is a major liability and has got a lot of negative press. She alone may potentially be the difference between the Conservatives getting a majority or not as it seems very personality driven and voters seem very floaty,

CookinBat

No contest. X)

Are you sure ? https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/readmore_card/public/thumbnails/image/2016/12/02/04/an111575037london-england-.jpg

UK vote share change since 2015 after 20 of 650 seats:

LAB Labour +11.3
CON Conservative +8.7
UKIP -12.7

Labour nabbed one from the SNP.

Cant blame the young for voting for Labour with the bribe of free drinking parties (oops I mean free University education) .Trouble is they'll all vote Tory once they graduate and earn twice as much as Labours traditional core voters and get punitively taxed for their talents .

Banned

Saturn

Why? Love your competition thread by the way. Very generous with that … Why? Love your competition thread by the way. Very generous with that NowTV code.

No its not. I'm not allowed to post in that thread. Very discriminatory I'd say.

Original Poster

Agharta

If Labour paired Corbyn with some other solid people they'd come across a … If Labour paired Corbyn with some other solid people they'd come across a lot better but that Abbott woman is a major liability and has got a lot of negative press. She alone may potentially be the difference between the Conservatives getting a majority or not as it seems very personality driven and voters seem very floaty,

Just for speculation, rather than expectation. If the Conservatives squeak home, can an ambitious colleague possibly contemplate a move on May before the Brexit negotiations get serious? The Tory backbenches are notoriously ruthless, and I cannot see them wanting her to front another election campaign, whether it be in 5 years or quite possibly much sooner. Any impetuous successor would have to deal with the predictable 'no mandate' label from the start, and this could give them considerable pause for thought.

I bet if George Osborne had a crystal ball, he would have turned down the job offers and stayed in Parliament for the games that are about to begin. Plus, Amber Rudd must be feeling incredibly frustrated at the potential turn of events tonight given her rising status recently.

Original Poster

3dprince

No its not. I'm not allowed to post in that thread. Very discriminatory … No its not. I'm not allowed to post in that thread. Very discriminatory I'd say.

Sorry to hear that, Prince. You are more than welcome here.

Jeremy Corbyn is now FAVOURITE to become our next MP
scary times.

betfair.com/exc…434

colin4man

Are you sure ?

http://i.imgur.com/mjTidwI.gif

Saturn

Just for speculation, rather than expectation. If the Conservatives … Just for speculation, rather than expectation. If the Conservatives squeak home, can an ambitious colleague possibly contemplate a move on May before the Brexit negotiations get serious? The Tory backbenches are notoriously ruthless, and I cannot see them wanting her to front another election campaign, whether it be in 5 years or quite possibly much sooner. Any impetuous successor would have to deal with the predictable 'no mandate' label from the start, and this could give them considerable pause for thought.I bet if George Osborne had a crystal ball, he would have turned down the job offers and stayed in Parliament for the games that are about to begin. Plus, Amber Rudd must be feeling incredibly frustrated at the potential turn of events tonight given her rising status recently.

I'm sure Theresa May and her campaign managers will be ousted - Their performance was absolutely shocking . Many folks wanted to believe Corbyn's fairy stories and bribes and the inability of the Tories to dismantle all the false claims and sums must be laid at the feet of Theresa May .

Banned

Saturn

Sorry to hear that, Prince. You are more than welcome here.

Thank you very much. Much nicer here. More than one person posting in this thread. X)

Saturn

Just for speculation, rather than expectation. If the Conservatives … Just for speculation, rather than expectation. If the Conservatives squeak home, can an ambitious colleague possibly contemplate a move on May before the Brexit negotiations get serious? The Tory backbenches are notoriously ruthless, and I cannot see them wanting her to front another election campaign, whether it be in 5 years or quite possibly much sooner. Any impetuous successor would have to deal with the predictable 'no mandate' label from the start, and this could give them considerable pause for thought.

If they have a smaller majority then someone may be tempted but only if they have solid support so it partly depends on how many friends she has versus enemies.
Sounds risky though and it's a bit of a poisoned chalice unless you really want to be the Brexit PM which isn't going to be easy whichever way it pans out.
Anyone who puts themselves forward should be rejected on the grounds that they must be insane to want to take on the role. A reverse Catch 22.

Bo0td

You are a sick puppy

Banned

Nick Clegg lost Sheffield Hallam reported. Deep Joy if true

rogparki

I'm sure Theresa May and her campaign managers will be ousted - Their … I'm sure Theresa May and her campaign managers will be ousted - Their performance was absolutely shocking . Many folks wanted to believe Corbyn's fairy stories and bribes and the inability of the Tories to dismantle all the false claims and sums must be laid at the feet of Theresa May .

Indeed, I feel labour will win now.
I don't think it's even to do with policies anymore.
Theresa May has been exposed as being incompetent at her former job of home secretary and her inability to act after the recent terror attacks.
She started by stating she was strong difficult woman but we haven't seen anything like that?
This has all built distrust in her going forward to getting us a good brexit deal and leading the country.
I feel people are voting corbyn just to breakaway from the anxious thought of Theresa May continuing her bad attempt as PM.

Banned

Conservative gain from SNP in Angus - 16.2% swing to tories and 15.7 negative for SNP

Corbyn was 10/1 now odds on fav
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47382
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions