the government will double child care places this year would it be cheaper to just give out free calpol

41 replies
Found 6th Feb
The government wastes money on lots of things

how else could they save money?

40 Comments

Original Poster

let homeless ppl sit in elderly care homes during the day, its company and the homes are always warm, this will save the money spent on moving them on

Original Poster

make children pick up litter at weekends or do odd jobs for free

Free nappies, milk, calpol, prams, childcare, fruit n veg, after school clubs, may as well triple it like have folk work all week for £300 and the gov pay £900 in all the above to keep em away from them theyr kids! Omg what kind of adults are they going to grow up into never knowing theyr parents love!

Original Poster

Moonwolf1976

Free nappies, milk, calpol, prams, childcare, fruit n veg, after school … Free nappies, milk, calpol, prams, childcare, fruit n veg, after school clubs, may as well triple it like have folk work all week for £300 and the gov pay £900 in all the above to keep em away from them theyr kids! Omg what kind of adults are they going to grow up into never knowing theyr parents love!

just like the ones we have now

Original Poster

in the old days the older kids would look after the young ones, so older kids could take the younger ones to school with them

Original Poster

take all seats out of trains then everyone stands, gov will save money on subs to train companies as they can carry more ppl

I don't understand this thread at all. You're complaining about before school / after school care places, because parents shouldn't get hand outs ? The hole point is it enables single parents to return to work or increase their hours, the opposite of lazy and they do pay tax like everyone else. Or is the complaint that they aren't spending enough time with their kids and so should sit on benefits with no other option costing more?

Original Poster

catbeans

I don't understand this thread at all. You're complaining about before … I don't understand this thread at all. You're complaining about before school / after school care places, because parents shouldn't get hand outs ? The hole point is it enables single parents to return to work or increase their hours, the opposite of lazy and they do pay tax like everyone else. Or is the complaint that they aren't spending enough time with their kids and so should sit on benefits with no other option costing more?

none of the above this is misc

catbeans

I don't understand this thread at all. You're complaining about before … I don't understand this thread at all. You're complaining about before school / after school care places, because parents shouldn't get hand outs ? The hole point is it enables single parents to return to work or increase their hours, the opposite of lazy and they do pay tax like everyone else. Or is the complaint that they aren't spending enough time with their kids and so should sit on benefits with no other option costing more?

But the disgraceful thing is some are working all the hours god sends on zero hours contracts while they put their kids in a room with 60 kids and 2 adults all day called day care, and are costing the tax payer 3 X more in benefit payouts to these child care schemes, and these kids are being brought up with hardly any contact with a parent as when they come home their parents go to bed not long after seeing them having been made to do long shifts, so 2 to 4 hours contact? Is that right, is our society going badly wrong for all I think it is kids need a parent to guid them now more than ever the schools are over run, people in the street cant say a thing cos of pc gone mad!
Edited by: "Moonwolf1976" 6th Feb

The free childcare is for all earners up to 100k per year. I doubt those earning around this amount per year are deducting from society as a whole even if they take the 30 free hours per week.

Just because your IQ only reaches tabloid newspaper/channel 5 benefit bashing programme level it doesn't mean that the majority of parents are either sat at home on benefits or sending kids to nursery every day to earn less than nursery costs, alot of us make a net contribution and in the process are raising children who will be paying taxes for your future social care and perhaps providing your future healthcare.

catbeans

*whole

Calpol already is free in Scotland on the minor ailment scheme

Like it or not, there is only one correct answer.

Have less children.

Moonwolf1976

But the disgraceful thing is some are working all the hours god sends on … But the disgraceful thing is some are working all the hours god sends on zero hours contracts while they put their kids in a room with 60 kids and 2 adults all day called day care, and are costing the tax payer 3 X more in benefit payouts to these child care schemes, and these kids are being brought up with hardly any contact with a parent as when they come home their parents go to bed not long after seeing them having been made to do long shifts, so 2 to 4 hours contact? Is that right, is our society going badly wrong for all I think it is kids need a parent to guid them now more than ever the schools are over run, people in the street cant say a thing cos of pc gone mad!

You've missed several obvious things in your rant.

No.1 The government WANT the children away from the parents, so they can be subject to government propaganda all day, and not get any crazy ideas, like not trusting what they government say/do from their parents.

No.2 The increased hours are a way of shutting down privately owned nursery schools and getting everyone into a state run, school-based nursery, where the above is easier.

How is No.2 going to do this??

Since its inception, the amount the government pay nurseries for each "free" hour has dropped by over 30% (50% allowing for inflation). This has already lead to the closure of a number of private nurseries, and the rise of the school-based replacements; the new 30 hours have NO new money, the nurseries will get exactly the same as they got for 15 hours, so effectively 1/4 of what the place costs to provide.

Schools will re-purpose* money from school age children to cover this (illegally, but hey, when has that ever stopped them), private nurseries have no way to make up the short-fall, as there are rules to stop them asking parents for extra money.

* Example from one of my local schools.

New classrooms built for Year 6 children with government money, and the "old" building re-purposed for new nursery places.

As someone with over 25 years experience in childcare, I will not be letting my daughter set foot in a school-based baby factory.

I will also point out something else a lot of people miss; these places are term time only; if you work - what are you going to do with the child for the rest of the year?? The SCHOOL wont be open.

make unemployed ppl litter pick wash cars paint scrub pavements de ice de snow open doors do gardening , so we get to live in a pretty looking world !!!!

lynseybergin

Calpol already is free in Scotland on the minor ailment scheme

​its not free ...London pays for it.

during school holidays send the kids on things like camp America ?

Gentle_Giant

You've missed several obvious things in your rant.No.1 The government … You've missed several obvious things in your rant.No.1 The government WANT the children away from the parents, so they can be subject to government propaganda all day, and not get any crazy ideas, like not trusting what they government say/do from their parents.No.2 The increased hours are a way of shutting down privately owned nursery schools and getting everyone into a state run, school-based nursery, where the above is easier.How is No.2 going to do this??Since its inception, the amount the government pay nurseries for each "free" hour has dropped by over 30% (50% allowing for inflation). This has already lead to the closure of a number of private nurseries, and the rise of the school-based replacements; the new 30 hours have NO new money, the nurseries will get exactly the same as they got for 15 hours, so effectively 1/4 of what the place costs to provide.Schools will re-purpose* money from school age children to cover this (illegally, but hey, when has that ever stopped them), private nurseries have no way to make up the short-fall, as there are rules to stop them asking parents for extra money.* Example from one of my local schools.New classrooms built for Year 6 children with government money, and the "old" building re-purposed for new nursery places.As someone with over 25 years experience in childcare, I will not be letting my daughter set foot in a school-based baby factory.I will also point out something else a lot of people miss; these places are term time only; if you work - what are you going to do with the child for the rest of the year?? The SCHOOL wont be open.

​Do you really think that three year olds who can barely wipe their bottoms are going to understand 'government propaganda''?

Keeping parents in work cost £65,000 a job, is there anyone who thinks that that is sensible ?

hollie089

The free childcare is for all earners up to 100k per year. I doubt those … The free childcare is for all earners up to 100k per year. I doubt those earning around this amount per year are deducting from society as a whole even if they take the 30 free hours per week.Just because your IQ only reaches tabloid newspaper/channel 5 benefit bashing programme level it doesn't mean that the majority of parents are either sat at home on benefits or sending kids to nursery every day to earn less than nursery costs, alot of us make a net contribution and in the process are raising children who will be paying taxes for your future social care and perhaps providing your future healthcare.

​lets just be clear on something. being a mother is probably the hardest job there is, and lots of mothers do a fantastic job, especially the more mature ones.
but it is a sad fact nowadays that the younger ones, or 1 parent ***** , you know the ones, from the Jeremy kyle show, are only in it fir the money and not at all bothered about being a parent.
they get up at 11am and spend all day round their mates house, smoking and drinking tea while their child lays on the floor playing with a fag packet and hasn't had its nappy changed for 3 days !
these are the "PARENTS" that need sorting out as they will never get a job,
when it comes to the time that their child is ready for school and they start receiving letters from the job centre, they just find the nearest toothless tramp to knock them up again and pop another baby out.

tomminator

make unemployed ppl litter pick wash cars paint scrub pavements de ice de … make unemployed ppl litter pick wash cars paint scrub pavements de ice de snow open doors do gardening , so we get to live in a pretty looking world !!!!

​You missed 2 out...
Unemployed people could do lollipop man/woman jobs for free as it's very low hours. They could do this whilst they job search and then it saves council money Where I live there's hundreds of them... 1 to cross you from one side and a 2nd one to cross you back again...
Also, the unemployed could wait at pedestrian crossings and press the button for people.

Miles, srs, what has calpol have to do with child care places? Have you overdosed on 6yrs+ ?

airfix

Keeping parents in work cost £65,000 a job, is there anyone who thinks … Keeping parents in work cost £65,000 a job, is there anyone who thinks that that is sensible ?

Really? We earn just shy of that and receive only child benefit, as do all couples earning under 100k. By your estimation we should be receiving 130k in benefits and assistance with childcare fees! I'm clearly going wrong somewhere...

where did you get £65,000 from?

airfix

Keeping parents in work cost £65,000 a job, is there anyone who thinks … Keeping parents in work cost £65,000 a job, is there anyone who thinks that that is sensible ?

hollie089

The free childcare is for all earners up to 100k per year. I doubt those … The free childcare is for all earners up to 100k per year. I doubt those earning around this amount per year are deducting from society as a whole even if they take the 30 free hours per week.Just because your IQ only reaches tabloid newspaper/channel 5 benefit bashing programme level it doesn't mean that the majority of parents are either sat at home on benefits or sending kids to nursery every day to earn less than nursery costs, alot of us make a net contribution and in the process are raising children who will be paying taxes for your future social care and perhaps providing your future healthcare.

lol Amazing comment and so true, but people cant get this benefit without having a job.

hollie089

​Do you really think that three year olds who can barely wipe their b … ​Do you really think that three year olds who can barely wipe their bottoms are going to understand 'government propaganda''?

Of course, how do you think all the adverts for toys work?? Do you even understand what propaganda is??

I will give you an example that can be heard on the BBC most weeks.

If the government agrees with your aims, you are called a "Freedom Fighter".
If the government doesn't agree with your aims, you are called a "Rebel" at best, or a "Terrorist" if they REALLY dont like you.

Another examples,

SPEED KILLS.

No it doesnt, their own road accident statistics show less than 5% of road deaths are attributable to excessive or inappropriate speed ; yet SPEED KILLS is rammed down childrens throats during school road safety lessons; while they cut the funding for real road safety awareness to nothing.

EAT FIVE A DAY, no scientific basis, completely made up.

SUGAR FREE DRINKS, chock full of chemicals banned in several countries, for links to liver cancer, and actually more likely to make you gain weight as the body struggles to break them down.

You probably dont realize how much propaganda you absorb without noticing, every single day, and children absorb even more, and have no life experience to contradict some of the garbage they are fed.

The teaching staff we had through our nursery in the last few years have had a frighteningly low understanding of the world outside of school, drip fed "facts" that they passed on to the children as truth, even when faced with evidence that the education books were wrong.

I'd argue but I'd be wasting my time. Moronic.

Original Poster

mmm me thinks some of you are taking this way too serious

Original Poster

they could save money on heating in hospitals turn it all off and make their families bring in hot water bottles

Solve the obesity crisis
give all the pop and sweeties to miles

Gentle_Giant

Of course, how do you think all the adverts for toys work?? Do you even … Of course, how do you think all the adverts for toys work?? Do you even understand what propaganda is??I will give you an example that can be heard on the BBC most weeks.If the government agrees with your aims, you are called a "Freedom Fighter".If the government doesn't agree with your aims, you are called a "Rebel" at best, or a "Terrorist" if they REALLY dont like you.Another examples, SPEED KILLS.No it doesnt, their own road accident statistics show less than 5% of road deaths are attributable to excessive or inappropriate speed ; yet SPEED KILLS is rammed down childrens throats during school road safety lessons; while they cut the funding for real road safety awareness to nothing.EAT FIVE A DAY, no scientific basis, completely made up.SUGAR FREE DRINKS, chock full of chemicals banned in several countries, for links to liver cancer, and actually more likely to make you gain weight as the body struggles to break them down.You probably dont realize how much propaganda you absorb without noticing, every single day, and children absorb even more, and have no life experience to contradict some of the garbage they are fed.The teaching staff we had through our nursery in the last few years have had a frighteningly low understanding of the world outside of school, drip fed "facts" that they passed on to the children as truth, even when faced with evidence that the education books were wrong.

and exercise - proven to be very dangerous, dont exercise and dont eat fruit, drive like a maniac too, much better for you!

miles136

mmm me thinks some of you are taking this way too serious

Sorry Miles, I normally get your threads. In this case I fear you've fallen and bashed your head.
I was starting to think you'd been consumed by some other Misc morons.

davewave

​its not free ...London pays for it.

Don't worry when your kids are old enough. They can spend our Apprenticeship levy as revenge.

Gentle_Giant

Of course, how do you think all the adverts for toys work?? Do you even … Of course, how do you think all the adverts for toys work?? Do you even understand what propaganda is??I will give you an example that can be heard on the BBC most weeks.If the government agrees with your aims, you are called a "Freedom Fighter".If the government doesn't agree with your aims, you are called a "Rebel" at best, or a "Terrorist" if they REALLY dont like you.Another examples, SPEED KILLS.No it doesnt, their own road accident statistics show less than 5% of road deaths are attributable to excessive or inappropriate speed ; yet SPEED KILLS is rammed down childrens throats during school road safety lessons; while they cut the funding for real road safety awareness to nothing.EAT FIVE A DAY, no scientific basis, completely made up.SUGAR FREE DRINKS, chock full of chemicals banned in several countries, for links to liver cancer, and actually more likely to make you gain weight as the body struggles to break them down.You probably dont realize how much propaganda you absorb without noticing, every single day, and children absorb even more, and have no life experience to contradict some of the garbage they are fed.The teaching staff we had through our nursery in the last few years have had a frighteningly low understanding of the world outside of school, drip fed "facts" that they passed on to the children as truth, even when faced with evidence that the education books were wrong.

I'm going do disagree a little. Speed does kill, in appropriate speed for location or conditions.
100mph on a motor way doesn't kill. 80 on a B-road will.

Oneday77

I'm going do disagree a little. Speed does kill, in appropriate speed for … I'm going do disagree a little. Speed does kill, in appropriate speed for location or conditions. 100mph on a motor way doesn't kill. 80 on a B-road will.

I dont think you correctly read the context, inappropriate speed can kill, but the government stories are propaganda; the true number of deaths and injuries that are pinned on inappropriate speed by police investigators is a tiny fraction of the total; yet SPEED is the what the government pushes.
99% of the bad driving I see every day cannot be monitored with a speed camera, and is far more likely to kill someone; I was the subject of a sustained road rage incident myself, yesterday; the middle finger waving guy weaved all over a dual carriageway, nearly losing control several times (all at the posted speed limit), because I DARED to sound my horn after a dangerous overtake on a roundabout exit.

Lack of effective policing makes 21st century roads a LOT more dangerous than they were 25 years ago, at ANY speed.

I have to work full time just so I can afford a roof over my children's head!! my partner (there dad) also has to work fulltime.

Gentle_Giant

I dont think you correctly read the context, inappropriate speed can … I dont think you correctly read the context, inappropriate speed can kill, but the government stories are propaganda; the true number of deaths and injuries that are pinned on inappropriate speed by police investigators is a tiny fraction of the total; yet SPEED is the what the government pushes.99% of the bad driving I see every day cannot be monitored with a speed camera, and is far more likely to kill someone; I was the subject of a sustained road rage incident myself, yesterday; the middle finger waving guy weaved all over a dual carriageway, nearly losing control several times (all at the posted speed limit), because I DARED to sound my horn after a dangerous overtake on a roundabout exit.Lack of effective policing makes 21st century roads a LOT more dangerous than they were 25 years ago, at ANY speed.

I see lots of bad driving everyday. I agree that basic skill and situational awareness also need addressed. However I don't buy Speed Kills as propaganda. It's an easy tactic that can be monetised, that is lazy governance, nothing else.
However up here in the NE of Scotland speed has been seen to kill time and time again. Young drivers working in the oil industry, buying faster cars than their peers can afford. Too many trees, walls, etc have kept the grim reaper in business.

Oneday77

I see lots of bad driving everyday. I agree that basic skill and … I see lots of bad driving everyday. I agree that basic skill and situational awareness also need addressed. However I don't buy Speed Kills as propaganda. It's an easy tactic that can be monetised, that is lazy governance, nothing else. However up here in the NE of Scotland speed has been seen to kill time and time again. Young drivers working in the oil industry, buying faster cars than their peers can afford. Too many trees, walls, etc have kept the grim reaper in business.

I've seen plenty of teenager driven cars in ditches around here as well; but the SPEED KILLS campaign is aimed at killing OTHER people, not yourself. Had two car-fulls and one motorcyclist killed doing 3x the 30mph speed limit around here in recent years; one was a Police pursuit - I think drugs were involved, one was a car load of drunks, and the biker was a known suicide jockey.

Back On Topic, Propaganda is making you believe things that arent true, and the truth of the road safety campaigns is that drugs are more likely to be the cause; but road side drug test kits are expensive; hell, the last time I got hit (by a lorry) it took 5 Police cars and 2 hours to find a working alcohol tester, the chances of getting them equipped with drug kits is minimal, they dont even have a speedcam equipped car working my area, let alone a full NASCOM (?) system; yet I delivered police cars fitted with this equipment for trials nearly 20 years ago.
Once again, all those RoadCops programs are propaganda, very few cars are out patrolling with these systems fitted, in fact 90% arent even real Police, just rent-a-plods, with no legal powers.

Last time I checked, the lowest recorded speed for a vehicle related fatality in the UK was ~2mph.
Edited by: "Gentle_Giant" 7th Feb

Original Poster

get rid of car tax just charge more for petrol

Fitness for the unemployed.

Have exercise bikes that spit out a pound coin every 5 miles in public libraries (that are not being used anymore), allow the unemployed to use them instead of benefits.

NHS Saving, and will give them a new lease of life.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415416
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70561
    3. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    4. word association Game74244894

See more discussions