Groups

The great Elite M DL disc debacle - a solution maybe?

I have an LG RH266 DVD/HDD recorder. It apparantly accepts DL media.
    Now, you can imagine where my thoughts drifted to when I realised I might find a use for those doggie discs from UKDVDR.
    I popped one in, it initialised. It showed a 3h50m capacity on SP mode. It is now dubbing 'Burn Up' over and seems to record fine. I'll let you know if it plays back after finalizing the disc.

1 Comment

Original Poster

They record, and are playable, but don't finalize. So, if you are happy to play them back on the same machine then I guess they are usable for archival purposes with TV progs.

Edit: Just a follow-up. Eject the disc, and it fails to make a menu and won't read again. Unbelievable :x
    So, yes. These discs are completely bloody useless. I have 100 of them being picked up by citylink on Monday. I'll be glad to see the back of 'em. I'm still stuck with 42 useless DL discs though :-(

Can we use this thread for all instances of success or non-success of these discs? I'd like to know if anyone has got these discs to finalize.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions