The Holiday Place - reviews

Found 4th Apr
good morning everyone! i'm looking for holiday and The Holiday Place offers interesting deals - we are looking to spend 3.6k and I am getting paranoid (is nearly triple what we usually spend but we decided it's time to spoil ourself). I did try to google reviews etc and it "looks like" it safe just wanted to ask if any of you traveled with them? thank you. And no we are not going to pay with credit card simply because we haven't got any. have a nice day everyone
Community Updates
10 Comments
Original Poster
Edit: i see it may sound bit rude "we haven't got any" - i have no problem with people having credit cards but I finally mamaged to pay all mine off and i m finally debt free first time in... well.. long time so I prefer not to get any as than i'll be back in hell lol
They are ATOL and ABTA members, so I would presume they are legit.

csmcr17 m ago

Edit: i see it may sound bit rude "we haven't got any" - i have no problem …Edit: i see it may sound bit rude "we haven't got any" - i have no problem with people having credit cards but I finally mamaged to pay all mine off and i m finally debt free first time in... well.. long time so I prefer not to get any as than i'll be back in hell lol

If you have the money to pay for your holiday in full, without going in to debt, then would paying by credit card and then clearing the balance, for peace if mind, not be beneficial?
Original Poster
RossD893 m ago

They are ATOL and ABTA members, so I would presume they are legit.If you …They are ATOL and ABTA members, so I would presume they are legit.If you have the money to pay for your holiday in full, without going in to debt, then would paying by credit card and then clearing the balance, for peace if mind, not be beneficial?

Problem is that i cancelled them all and i am not sure if I can get one with let say 3.6k on? I had those with 2k max. And I had to cancell as I always paid it off and then voila another "must" from HUKD 🙈 And I have to book asap, prices are going up every day :-/

I may just risk it and buy insurace asap in case something happens I'm covered.

Thank you x
csmcr8 m ago

Problem is that i cancelled them all and i am not sure if I can get one …Problem is that i cancelled them all and i am not sure if I can get one with let say 3.6k on? I had those with 2k max. And I had to cancell as I always paid it off and then voila another "must" from HUKD 🙈 And I have to book asap, prices are going up every day :-/ I may just risk it and buy insurace asap in case something happens I'm covered.Thank you x

you don't have to pay the whole amount on a credit card to be covered. As far travel ijsurance, I do wish more people would look at it as a necessity to be taken out when you book the holiday, not some optional extra you can save £50 by not taking out. I could bang on about this all day but for most of it I'd be banging my head against a brick wall!
Dont know what sort of holiday you are after.. may be worth looking at a company called Trailfinders. They have won many awards, and have some amazing deals.
Don't know anything about "The Holiday Place " , never heard of it and I am familiar with most of the sites . Could be a new one ,but personally I'd stick with a Tour company - TUI , Thomas Cook , Jet2 etc . These days not much more expensive than the " book the parts separately " companies . If you are forking out plenty of dosh you want peace of mind .

These sites will often have "Ryanair" as the flight element of the holiday - and I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole for a holiday !
18 March - flying from EMids - 1 -2 hour delay due to Snow clearing . Ryanair cancelled 3 flights by 10am (Fuerteventura , Krakow and another I can't recall ) fine unless you had a hotel booked at the other end ! Jet2 , Thomas Cook ( my flight) and TUI flights all left though with A 2 hour delay - Presumably Ryanair had something more profitable to do with its aircraft

Don't forget though it appears you are buying a package from these sites you are in fact booking flight ,hotel and transfer separately so one part goes wrong the other bits aren't protected unlike a "real package holiday" where its all protected .

If you want to go the book separately route I would stick with trusted sites that have been around for years like On the Beach or Travel Republic (avoiding Ryanair as a flight option ) .

A Holiday is something to look forward to , not to worry about . Isn't peace of mind worth more than saving a couple of hundred quid ?
Edited by: "rogparki" 4th Apr
Original Poster
Hi

I did not heard about them before as well but i tried to find some deals on On the beach and it was forwarded to their page saying "partner with On the beach". (I hope so as there is 3.6% casback on On the beach!)

It's booked as package so flight transfers hotel etc all covered.

Looking for Maledivs in June, for 2 weeks. Not sure about all inc (they got 1803£ pp deal) or full board as once on holiday I don't eat a lot so usually we go for breakfast and for dinner, never for lunch.. and we don't drink much. I called them and was told that drinks on full board are included during meal times so we may go fot full board and choose better hotel.

And I always buy insurance too scared that with my luck I'll break leg in first min abroad

Tui does not offer Maldives in June and we have been in Trailfinders but it's way over budget. Their prices for 1 week are same as Holiday Place for 2 weeks. (I do know they do better hotels but I still feel quilty for spending this money for 2weeks hol but no way I'll pay it for 1 week).

Flight is with either Emirates or Etihad. Would prefer Emirates as my friend works for them and is based in Dubai and I'll have chance to see her after 8 years
Just to be clear as there are many similar websites it is holidayplace.co.uk.

If it is them then my next door neighbour booked two holidays through them and had no issues with them. They would recommend them. I personally have not used them. Hope this helps.
Original Poster
sydney8711 h, 22 m ago

Just to be clear as there are many similar websites it is …Just to be clear as there are many similar websites it is holidayplace.co.uk. If it is them then my next door neighbour booked two holidays through them and had no issues with them. They would recommend them. I personally have not used them. Hope this helps.

Yes it's this one. Thank you it does help! :-)
rogparki10 h, 44 m ago

Don't know anything about "The Holiday Place " , never heard of it and I …Don't know anything about "The Holiday Place " , never heard of it and I am familiar with most of the sites . Could be a new one ,but personally I'd stick with a Tour company - TUI , Thomas Cook , Jet2 etc . These days not much more expensive than the " book the parts separately " companies . If you are forking out plenty of dosh you want peace of mind .These sites will often have "Ryanair" as the flight element of the holiday - and I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole for a holiday ! 18 March - flying from EMids - 1 -2 hour delay due to Snow clearing . Ryanair cancelled 3 flights by 10am (Fuerteventura , Krakow and another I can't recall ) fine unless you had a hotel booked at the other end ! Jet2 , Thomas Cook ( my flight) and TUI flights all left though with A 2 hour delay - Presumably Ryanair had something more profitable to do with its aircraft Don't forget though it appears you are buying a package from these sites you are in fact booking flight ,hotel and transfer separately so one part goes wrong the other bits aren't protected unlike a "real package holiday" where its all protected .If you want to go the book separately route I would stick with trusted sites that have been around for years like On the Beach or Travel Republic (avoiding Ryanair as a flight option ) .A Holiday is something to look forward to , not to worry about . Isn't peace of mind worth more than saving a couple of hundred quid ?

Sorry abit off topic but for the above experience. I had something similar with Easyjet though in my case I actually applaud them. Few years back we where due to go to Portugal and our flight was due to leave at 06:00, a TUI flight was due to leave at 06:15 to Faro also. An Air Traffic controller walk-out/strike with unknown time scales happened. Easyjet cancelled our flight at 08:00, but had seats available for either the next day or the day after. The poor TUI ones where made to stay in the airport all morning, all afternoon then given some measly meal voucher, eventually told around 7pm to go home and come back the next morning. They then again waited in the airport until the flight left in the afternoon, again with some measly amount of money meal voucher. We came back to next afternoon and got our rebooked flight. End result for both Easyjet and TUI passengers was a day lost on the holiday (if the easyjet passengers like us already had hotel booking for the other side)., although we didn't have the joy of like 20 hours in total spent hanging around the airport. We could have (but never really looked too much into it) re-arranged our hotel bookings and flight home to match still giving us the same holiday length but was a group of us and it started getting messy with people unable to book the extra day off work etc. But the thing is, we had that option those on the TUI flight/packages didn't only the hassle of a possible claim for the loss.

At the time we had booked through Alpharooms for the villa and transfers, one phonecall to explain the situation and they let the villa complex know we would be arriving a day late but keeping the same booking duration and rearranged our transfer also for the following day at no extra cost, was impressed with how they delt with it also.

We also heard while waiting to do the re-booking a Portuguese family who where due to fly home on our flight at the desk infront of us and the Easyjet ones arranging and paying for them to stay at the airport hotel overnight, which I thought was very good.

I believe most of the no-frills airlines all do similar in cancelling fairly quickly to avoid the giving out the meal voucher if they believe for one second it could be longer or affect where the plane should be further down the line.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 4th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants