Groups

The HotUKDeals Mega Motorsport Fan Forum!

Welcome to the HUKD Mega Motorsport Fan Forum, the HUKD'ers place to talk about the great world of Motorsport!

From Formula One to the WRC, from MotoGP to DTM, engage about anything in Motorsport from the best drivers to great overtakes and pit stop times, even talk about where we can find free legal streams online and TV to watch great races.

46 Comments

Original Poster

Go Vettel!

Hammer time X)

Go Flash!

Lewis Hamilton ftw!

Its Hammer time

Any track marshals in here?

ionuttd

Any track marshals in here?

Not active,I retired my overalls a few years back

NW200 on BBC 1 NI this evening 22:40. Saved the best race of the day for last

Alonso already better than 10 indycar regulars within 10 laps of practice oh and the Honda there aint blown up yet lol

edit make that 18

live stream at racecontrol.indycar.com/
    Edited by: "jase.2" 15th May

Original Poster

jase.2

Alonso already better than 10 indycar regulars within 10 laps of practice … Alonso already better than 10 indycar regulars within 10 laps of practice oh and the Honda there aint blown up yet loledit make that 18 live stream at http://racecontrol.indycar.com/

I think Castroneves will win the Indy500, but would be awesome if Montoya or Chilton win

hass123

I think Castroneves will win the Indy500, but would be awesome if Montoya … I think Castroneves will win the Indy500, but would be awesome if Montoya or Chilton win

mmm i think Castroneves is past it and Chilton never had it to lose it lol, bit of a lottery tho like Rossi showed last year

Original Poster

jase.2

mmm i think Castroneves is past it and Chilton never had it to lose it … mmm i think Castroneves is past it and Chilton never had it to lose it lol, bit of a lottery tho like Rossi showed last year

I would be very surprised if Alonso wins it, but I was suprised to see Hulkenberg win the Le Mans last year so anythings possible. Hopefully the Indy500 this year is as great as last year's race.

Original Poster

Great day of motor racing today, Vettel won the Monaco GP in a Ferrari 1-2 ahead of Ricciardo (Hamilton miles behind down in 7th, Button out after attempting the first proper overtake of the race on Wehrlein before the tunnel), and now Alonso is 5th on the grid at Indy500

hass123

Great day of motor racing today, Vettel won the Monaco GP in a Ferrari … Great day of motor racing today, Vettel won the Monaco GP in a Ferrari 1-2 ahead of Ricciardo (Hamilton miles behind down in 7th, Button out after attempting the first proper overtake of the race on Wehrlein before the tunnel), and now Alonso is 5th on the grid at Indy500

What happened on the podium, no interviews ??? Then Nico Rosberg appeared with a mike to interview the top 3 which was cringeworthy to watch He should stick to babysitting duties (_;)

Original Poster

Alonso leading the Indy500 after 40 laps!

hass123

Alonso leading the Indy500 after 40 laps!

Yeah not necessarily a good thing to be leading so early.......just hope Sato keeps away and doesnt try any of his usual silly moves esp on teammates
    Edited by: "jase.2" 28th May

wow and I thought Bourdais had a bad crash last week, how Dixon walked away from that.......

Original Poster

jase.2

wow and I thought Bourdais had a bad crash last week, how Dixon walked … wow and I thought Bourdais had a bad crash last week, how Dixon walked away from that.......

Red Flag, massive crash

Original Poster

summerof76

What happened on the podium, no interviews ??? Then Nico Rosberg appeared … What happened on the podium, no interviews ??? Then Nico Rosberg appeared with a mike to interview the top 3 which was cringeworthy to watch He should stick to babysitting duties (_;)

I missed the podium celebrations, I was burned out after that race with no proper overtakes, but at least it was a Ferrari 1-2.

hass123

Red Flag, massive crash

Shows why this race shouldnt let amatures like Jay Howard and past it drivers like Buddy Lazier into the race....lets see how long Pippa Mann takes to crash too or get into someones way

Shame that silly woman Perry is back on motorsport, she still doesnt have a clue what shes talking about lol

Original Poster

jase.2

Shows why this race shouldnt let amatures like Jay Howard and past it … Shows why this race shouldnt let amatures like Jay Howard and past it drivers like Buddy Lazier into the race....lets see how long Pippa Mann takes to crash too or get into someones wayShame that silly woman Perry is back on motorsport, she still doesnt have a clue what shes talking about lol

Yeah imo she's only good on motoGP, everything else she's meh.

hass123

I missed the podium celebrations, I was burned out after that race with … I missed the podium celebrations, I was burned out after that race with no proper overtakes, but at least it was a Ferrari 1-2.

I only watched the last 12 laps and the podium where nothing went right. Well done to Ferrari, even though Kimi had a face which looked like he wasn't happy with the outcome

hass123

Yeah imo she's only good on motoGP, everything else she's meh.

Its bad when the host has to ask the guests "is that how it works" lol

Original Poster

summerof76

I only watched the last 12 laps and the podium where nothing went right. … I only watched the last 12 laps and the podium where nothing went right. Well done to Ferrari, even though Kimi had a face which looked like he wasn't happy with the outcome

It was related to the first round of pit stops at around lap 30 where Kimi pitted and Vettel literally kept doing low 1.16's and then a fastest lap of 1.15.5 before pitting and doing the cut on Kimi. Ricciardo did similar (consistently doing low 1.16's, him and Vettel were the fastest drivers on track at the time) to bypass both Bottas and Verstappen. Verstappen on the radio went on a barrage of F words when the engineer told him on the radio.

Original Poster

Green Flag, Alonso with the leading pack including last year's winner Rossi and former F1 driver Takuma Sato

Original Poster

Crash, rookie slammed into the wall. 67 laps.
    Edited by: "hass123" 28th May

the bookies having alonso as odds on favourite just because of who he is rather than his ability to win an oval race lol

Original Poster

jase.2

the bookies having alonso as odds on favourite just because of who he is … the bookies having alonso as odds on favourite just because of who he is rather than his ability to win an oval race lol

Lmao. The only F1 driver who I can think of that has legit excelled in Indy is Montoya, and he had legit talent and ability in F1. Won it in 2000 and 2015.

Although saying that, Rossi himself was a rookie in F1 last year (I think it was with Marussia) and still won so anything's possible.

Original Poster

Andrew Benson is a disgrace of a 'motorsports journalist', one of many examples of poor articles -
    bbc.co.uk/spo…573

half way through who do you reckon is best placed?

Original Poster

jase.2

half way through who do you reckon is best placed?

Either Rossi or Castroneves. Alonso is doing well but I don't think he'll win it.

hass123

Either Rossi or Castroneves. Alonso is doing well but I don't think he'll … Either Rossi or Castroneves. Alonso is doing well but I don't think he'll win it.

Im thinking Rossi or Rahal who is creeping up into contention

Original Poster

jase.2

Im thinking Rossi or Rahal who is creeping up into contention

Another crash and I assume safety car

ha surprised that wasnt Alonso's smoking honda engine lol

Original Poster

So many yellow flags

feel sorry for rossi but maybe he can get lucky like last year now

Original Poster

5 wide on the restart back straight

Original Poster

jase.2

feel sorry for rossi but maybe he can get lucky like last year now

Alonso is in the middle as well having to make up places

Original Poster

Alonso is out of the running thanks to losing many places at the restart, up to 9th but Kanaan is ahead of him. Chilton is leading but is on an economy drive upfront. Castroneves with the best chance unless another yellow flag happens

16 sleeps to go, then I'm off to the Worlds greatest motor race - 24hr du Le Mans, it will be my 13th visit in the past 14 years. Far better racing throughout the 4 classes than most other series, just a pity VAG decided to withdraw Audi from LMP1. Penske were rumoured to have approached Audi with a view of running the 2 new 2017 cars as a private entrant, but were turned away by the ACO.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2425
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767171
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047080
      4. word association Game73844452

See more discussions