The hotukdeals Sim Only Thread

Refreshed 29th Oct (Posted 11th Sep)
3292584.jpg
We're back baby! Welcome yourselves to the brand new hotukdeals sim only thread! With a new home, a shiny new stylish look, but most importantly... the best sim only deals to help save you money!

Every week, we'll be picking the best sim only deal the interwebs and beyond has to offer, and curating a list of deal awesomeness, not only by operator; but by budget also. Not sure which network is right for you? Never fear, we will give you the lowdown on the benefits of each, as well as direct links to check coverage in your area.

DONT FORGET!

Hit the Subscribe button at the bottom of the post so you don't miss out on any updates.
3292584.jpg

Lastly
, thanks to all of you who may contribute to the thread via way of a deal, or joining in the discussion.

Ready? Let's go!

3292584.jpg
🌟 🌟Sim Only - Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 8GB of Data for £10 per month with a £25 Reward Card (12mo - £120) @ Plusnet 🌟🌟

Why Sim Only Deals on Plusnet?

Flexible 30 day contracts, UK based customer service and no fuss service is what attracts users to Plusnet. Voted as uSwitch's Sim Only network of the year.

3292584.jpg
Have a budget in mind? Top Picks is where you want to be. We'll be selecting a few deals every week which we think are bang on the money (excuse the pun!)

🔹Under £10

Sim Only - 8GB data 12 month advanced plan £9 with £40 topcashback @ Three

Sim Only - Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 4GB of Data for £7.50 per month (12mo - £90) @ Smarty

🔹£10 to £20

Virgin Sim Only - 5000 Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 12GB 4G for £12 per month (12 month - £144 total) @ Virgin Mobile

Sim Only - Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 8GB of Data for £10 per month with a £25 Reward Card (12mo - £120) @ Plusnet

🔹Over £20

Vodafone 5G sim only - unlimited uncapped data, texts, minutes @ Fonehouse £360 Plus £192 cashback by redemption (effectively £14 per month)

3292584.jpg
Below is a handy list to help you compare the best sim only deals from a range of networks.

3292584.jpg
Why Sim Only Deals with o2?

Exclusive experiences and offers via the o2 Priority Rewards app, o2 also boasts the best offers for existing customers which may be useful when your contracts ending, 1000s of free WiFi hotspots for customers, and they were voted as uSwitch's best network for coverage in 2019.

50GB with Unlimited Minutes and Texts £20 (12mo - via uSwitch)

Sky Mobile

No deals this week sadly

Why Sim Only Deals on EE?

Voted as the UK's fastest 4G network, with access to 6 months of free Apple Music / Prime Video, 3 months BT Sport and UK / Ireland call centres, you can see why so many choose EE.

12 month sim only £20.40pm unl mins texts 60gb data ee via reward mobile nhs discounts

20GB with Unlimited Mins and Texts (12mo) - £20pm

50GB with Unlimited Mins and Texts (12mo) - £24pm

Vectone

1GB, 150 mins, 150 texts £2.99pm (1mo)

25GB Unlimited Minutes & Texts, £15 (1mo)

3292584.jpg
Why Sim Only Deals on Plusnet?

Flexible 30 day contracts, UK based customer service and no fuss service is what attracts users to Plusnet. Voted as uSwitch's Sim Only network of the year.

Sim Only - Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 8GB of Data for £10 per month with a £25 Reward Card (12mo - £120) @ Plusnet

Plusnet 9GB 4G data £10 1 month contract via Uswitch

3292584.jpg
Why Sim Only Deals on Three?

You'll get a 5G Ready sim at no extra cost, Personal Hotspot, allowing you to use all of your data allowance as a personal hotspot for other devices, and Go Roam, allowing you to use your allowances across the world without extra charges.

Sim Only - 8GB data 12 month advanced plan £9 with £40 topcashback @ Three

Three Sim Only - Unlimited everything Advanced plan @ £16 / 12 month contract (Student email required) - Total Cost £192

Three Ultimate Unlimited Sim Only - £10 per month for 6 months + £20 per month for 18 months = £420 over 24 months

Three Sim Only - Unlimited Data, Calls and Texts for £18 per month (12 month - £216 total) @ Three

iD Mobile

Nothing this week

Smarty

Sim Only - Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 4GB of Data for £7.50 per month (12mo - £90) @ Smarty

3292584.jpg
Why Sim Only Deals on vodafone?

VeryMe rewards gives vodafone customers access to weekly exclusive treats and giveaways, from free coffee to festival tickets. vodafone also boasts more roaming locations than any other network.

12 months SIM only - 8GB Data with Unlimited UK minutes/texts £10 @ Vodafone

Vodafone 5G sim only - unlimited uncapped data, texts, minutes @ Fonehouse £360 Plus £192 cashback by redemption (effectively £14 per month)

Lebara

Lebara SIM Only 8GB 4G Data - Unlimited Mins & Texts + 100 International Mins £9.95 no contract Via Uswitch

SIM Only 5GB 4G Data - Unlimited Mins & Texts + 100 International Minutes £7.95 Rolling @ Lebara Via Uswitch

3292584.jpg
Why Sim Only Deals on Virgin Mobile?

43 roaming destinations, data rollover and data free messaging on WhatsApp, messenger and more, plus exclusive discounts for existing Virgin customers make them a compelling option. Plus, they use the EE network.

Virgin Sim Only - 5000 Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 12GB 4G for £12 per month (12 month - £144 total) @ Virgin Mobile

3292584.jpg
Sim Only FAQs

What is a Sim Only Deal?

A Sim only deal offers you a package of minutes, texts and mobile data for a monthly cost, similar to a mobile phone contract. You don't get a handset however, just the Sim card!

How long am i tied into a contract for?

This depends on the contract itself, but you can normally expect it to either be monthly or 12 /24 monthly.

Will the new Sim work with my existing phone?

Provided you have a phone made within the past 5-8 years, you should be fine. Most networks supply a sim card which can be used in almost all phones.

Can I keep my number?

You sure can! Just text 'PAC' to 65075 using your current sim. Give the supplied code to your new provider, and the switch should happen within 1 business day.

Can I cap my spending?

Of course! If you want to limit your spend over the included allowance of your contract, most networks allow this. We have a handy thread here explaining the steps.

Where can I check coverage?

Check coverage with Three HERE (http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Network/Coverage)
(Use Three for iD Mobile, PG Mobile, TPO Mobile...)

Check coverage with o2 HERE (http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker)
(Use o2 for Giffgaff, Tesco Mobile, Lyca Mobile...)

Check coverage with EE HERE (http://ee.co.uk/why-ee/network/mobile-coverage)
(use EE for ASDA Mobile, BT Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Life Mobile, Vectone Mobile...)

Check coverage with Vodafone HERE (https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/)
(use Vodafone for Talk Mobile, TalkTalk Mobile...)

Ofcom checker HERE (http://maps.ofcom.org.uk/check-coverage) (checks ALL major networks)
Community Updates
Megathread

Groups

97 Comments
reserved
I can finally move from EE on Wednesday. Looking at 3 and even the unlmited everything for 24 months with first 6 months discounted, I MIGHT try my luck with it being £18 a month via MSE:

Three > Your basket

Some say you can use Quidco. Need to click through the the unlimted deal first on Quidco then click the up aobve link to get it tracked. Dont know if its works but will try on wednesday:

Best Sim only Deals: Compare the best offers from £5 a month

Or unless a better deal comesa long
Anybody know which provider can provide eSim on pay as you go?
Voxi and Smarty don’t :-(
shamirjet16/09/2019 17:09

Anybody know which provider can provide eSim on pay as you go?Voxi and …Anybody know which provider can provide eSim on pay as you go?Voxi and Smarty don’t :-(

Truphone do 30 day eSim plans. They have a 1 day service Global plan but it isnt cheap!
Glad to see this has returned. Best megathread yet.
This is a great idea! Subbed!
Great idea! Im looking for an unlimited everything tariff but at the moment they are expensive. Im hoping black friday we see some deals
darthbacca3716/09/2019 14:56

I can finally move from EE on Wednesday. Looking at 3 and even the …I can finally move from EE on Wednesday. Looking at 3 and even the unlmited everything for 24 months with first 6 months discounted, I MIGHT try my luck with it being £18 a month via MSE:Three > Your basketSome say you can use Quidco. Need to click through the the unlimted deal first on Quidco then click the up aobve link to get it tracked. Dont know if its works but will try on wednesday:Best Sim only Deals: Compare the best offers from £5 a monthOr unless a better deal comesa long

I think you would need to click on the MSE deal first, then Quidco before checking out, as otherwise it will track to MSE not Quidco (you stated Quidco then MSE above).
38484968-emUOO.jpg
Great idea @msmyth it will keep us updated on SIM only deals My contract is ending in 2 months so this thread will come handy subscribed and saved
Edited by: "apur32" 17th Sep
Sim only is already under £10 for 20gb data. I am paying £8 EE 20G . don't know how low these companies will go to get customers.
Anon17/09/2019 17:10

I think you would need to click on the MSE deal first, then Quidco before …I think you would need to click on the MSE deal first, then Quidco before checking out, as otherwise it will track to MSE not Quidco (you stated Quidco then MSE above).

Good point!" i shall try it that way around tomorrow, cheers for spotting that
I’ll hold this spot for future generations to see how awesome I am.
It's finally back! @seaniboy
I jumped on the Three £10 unlimited deal a few weeks back, I should have bought 2, let's see if something as good turns up here 🤞
Which beggars belief I got a warningpost deletion recently on the original post for talking about its possible format when it was returning Honestly you couldn’t make it up the behaviour of some
jamie1517/09/2019 17:29

It's finally back! @seaniboy

At last it’s back well done, how to I subscribe to this as I’ve just updated the app on ios and subscribe is no longer visible only see this
38486000-MmL11.jpg
madmurd17/09/2019 18:45

At last it’s back well done, how to I subscribe to this as I’ve just upd …At last it’s back well done, how to I subscribe to this as I’ve just updated the app on ios and subscribe is no longer visible only see this [Image]

The blue bell is to subscribe, no idea why it’s not showing on your display. This is what I see... hope that helps. I’m also on iOS

38486189.jpg
Edited by: "jon0046" 17th Sep
jon004617/09/2019 19:07

The blue bell is to subscribe, no idea why it’s not showing on your d …The blue bell is to subscribe, no idea why it’s not showing on your display. This is what I see... hope that helps. I’m also on iOS [Image]

Ah cheers no idea what the symbols meen as I’m missing the info what is underneath them, literally just updated the app and it’s changed to this.
Cheers anyway appreciated
Edited by: "madmurd" 17th Sep
Inga317/09/2019 17:16

Sim only is already under £10 for 20gb data. I am paying £8 EE 20G . don't …Sim only is already under £10 for 20gb data. I am paying £8 EE 20G . don't know how low these companies will go to get customers.

Obviously haven't met my ex.
@hotukdeals_team any reason why @seaniboy was banned? Is this how members with 600+ deals, 14k+ comments, and someone who has had 30 deals on your homepage should be treated? What could they possibly have said to get banned when others *cough* sam *cough* are still allowed on HUKD?
Would totally recommend VOXI £10 for 8GB, £15 for 20GB offer currently on.

I was on 3 but sick of no signal in Central London (particularly the city near Broadgate Circle, but to be honest the majority of London from what I experienced) and poor call quality. Moved to VOXI this week and already my mother commented on how much clearer I sound, and I got internet signal in the city!!!! Amazing!!
msmyth16/09/2019 17:19

Truphone do 30 day eSim plans. They have a 1 day service Global plan but …Truphone do 30 day eSim plans. They have a 1 day service Global plan but it isnt cheap!

Now that we have a shiny new hotukdeals Sim Only Thread, to which of course I have subscribed, all we need now are some really sizzling hot UK SIM only deals! Bring it on!

And surely eSIM has should have a bright future in this exciting arena?
Edited by: "usenetz" 27th Sep
usenetz27/09/2019 13:34

Now that we have a shiny new hotukdeals Sim Only Thread, to which of …Now that we have a shiny new hotukdeals Sim Only Thread, to which of course I have subscribed, all we need now are some really sizzling hot UK SIM only deals! Bring it on! And surely eSIM has should have a bright future in this exciting arena?

38556762-k9vHR.jpg
38557680-gaURt.jpgI can confirm the three deal works with cashback. I bought it last night and it tracked today
@msmyth something else maybe to highlight as I was shopping around myself for an upcoming holiday. Vodafone/Voxi cover Turkey in the roaming list while no other network covers this location as inclusive.
cecilmcroberts27/09/2019 16:17

@msmyth something else maybe to highlight as I was shopping around myself …@msmyth something else maybe to highlight as I was shopping around myself for an upcoming holiday. Vodafone/Voxi cover Turkey in the roaming list while no other network covers this location as inclusive.

Very good point. I'm working on a way to highlight roaming differences without an exhaustive list that will require trawling through, so I'll keep that in mind, thanks
msmyth27/09/2019 16:18

Very good point. I'm working on a way to highlight roaming differences …Very good point. I'm working on a way to highlight roaming differences without an exhaustive list that will require trawling through, so I'll keep that in mind, thanks

No worries and rather Ironic I can't even get a Vodafone signal at home lol.
Glad to have the thread back! There are some great cashback deals from mobiles.co.uk to join o2 sim only. I shared one, is voted cold, but it's £14.5/pm for unlimited data or £11.50/pm for £25gb data after cashback. Both include 75 roaming countries which is well worthy.
hotukdeals.com/dea…669
Edited by: "giboning" 27th Sep
Update on EE, called today to ask for my PAC and was offered 100GB unlimited texts and minutes for £20. This will be offered if you quote Three unlimited tariff.
That took a while! For the amount of time this thread was missing I was hoping for bigger things
giboning27/09/2019 17:08

Glad to have the thread back! There are some great cashback deals from …Glad to have the thread back! There are some great cashback deals from mobiles.co.uk to join o2 sim only. I shared one, is voted cold, but it's £14.5/pm for unlimited data or £11.50/pm for £25gb data after cashback. Both include 75 roaming countries which is well worthy.https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/o2-sim-only-unlimited-date-callstexts-246-cashback-1450-a-month-effective-420-at-mobilescouk-3300669

It might just help people find this deal if you changed the title from 'Unlimited date' to 'Unlimited data'.
Any offer similar to vectone? only idmobile that i remember.
Normally renew with Vodafone as need a new phone. However brought one sim free prior so can do simo this time.
I would like the Vodafone £14 effective one, however is there anyway to port my number to the new contract? Or will I have to move it to another network then onto this sim?
silvershark01007/10/2019 19:57

Normally renew with Vodafone as need a new phone. However brought one sim …Normally renew with Vodafone as need a new phone. However brought one sim free prior so can do simo this time.I would like the Vodafone £14 effective one, however is there anyway to port my number to the new contract? Or will I have to move it to another network then onto this sim?

I was also met with this same dilemma last week! I bought a new Vodafone contract from fonehouse and asked if I can use my Vodafone PAC code. No was the answer, so I bought an o2 SIM card from Tesco, ported the number to them and after a few days asked for a PAC code. Tomorrow I get my number back to the new Vodafone contract. Long winded but only way I could see it working
njl3007/10/2019 21:05

I was also met with this same dilemma last week! I bought a new Vodafone …I was also met with this same dilemma last week! I bought a new Vodafone contract from fonehouse and asked if I can use my Vodafone PAC code. No was the answer, so I bought an o2 SIM card from Tesco, ported the number to them and after a few days asked for a PAC code. Tomorrow I get my number back to the new Vodafone contract. Long winded but only way I could see it working

But is the cashback still valid if it has a different number on the bill?
silvershark01007/10/2019 21:08

Hope so! I’ve done it before and it was honoured
njl3007/10/2019 21:05

I was also met with this same dilemma last week! I bought a new Vodafone …I was also met with this same dilemma last week! I bought a new Vodafone contract from fonehouse and asked if I can use my Vodafone PAC code. No was the answer, so I bought an o2 SIM card from Tesco, ported the number to them and after a few days asked for a PAC code. Tomorrow I get my number back to the new Vodafone contract. Long winded but only way I could see it working

I have heard that they move the sim to a pay as you go tariff and then move it to the new contract... guess you need to be lucky to contact the right person ...
silvershark01007/10/2019 21:08

You can change the phone number in your account. There are some details on the bill that needs to match: name, address and phone number. you can update them anytime.
Great Idea and massive effort but hasn't been updated since 7th?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants