The hotukdeals Sim Only Thread

Refreshed 29th Oct (Posted 11th Sep)
3292584.jpg
We're back baby! Welcome yourselves to the brand new hotukdeals sim only thread! With a new home, a shiny new stylish look, but most importantly... the best sim only deals to help save you money!

Every week, we'll be picking the best sim only deal the interwebs and beyond has to offer, and curating a list of deal awesomeness, not only by operator; but by budget also. Not sure which network is right for you? Never fear, we will give you the lowdown on the benefits of each, as well as direct links to check coverage in your area.

DONT FORGET!

Hit the Subscribe button at the bottom of the post so you don't miss out on any updates.
3292584.jpg

Lastly
, thanks to all of you who may contribute to the thread via way of a deal, or joining in the discussion.

Ready? Let's go!

3292584.jpg
🌟 🌟Sim Only - Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 8GB of Data for £10 per month with a £25 Reward Card (12mo - £120) @ Plusnet 🌟🌟

Why Sim Only Deals on Plusnet?

Flexible 30 day contracts, UK based customer service and no fuss service is what attracts users to Plusnet. Voted as uSwitch's Sim Only network of the year.

3292584.jpg
Have a budget in mind? Top Picks is where you want to be. We'll be selecting a few deals every week which we think are bang on the money (excuse the pun!)

🔹Under £10

Sim Only - 8GB data 12 month advanced plan £9 with £40 topcashback @ Three

Sim Only - Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 4GB of Data for £7.50 per month (12mo - £90) @ Smarty

🔹£10 to £20

Virgin Sim Only - 5000 Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 12GB 4G for £12 per month (12 month - £144 total) @ Virgin Mobile

Sim Only - Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 8GB of Data for £10 per month with a £25 Reward Card (12mo - £120) @ Plusnet

🔹Over £20

Vodafone 5G sim only - unlimited uncapped data, texts, minutes @ Fonehouse £360 Plus £192 cashback by redemption (effectively £14 per month)

3292584.jpg
Below is a handy list to help you compare the best sim only deals from a range of networks.

3292584.jpg
Why Sim Only Deals with o2?

Exclusive experiences and offers via the o2 Priority Rewards app, o2 also boasts the best offers for existing customers which may be useful when your contracts ending, 1000s of free WiFi hotspots for customers, and they were voted as uSwitch's best network for coverage in 2019.

50GB with Unlimited Minutes and Texts £20 (12mo - via uSwitch)

Sky Mobile

No deals this week sadly

Why Sim Only Deals on EE?

Voted as the UK's fastest 4G network, with access to 6 months of free Apple Music / Prime Video, 3 months BT Sport and UK / Ireland call centres, you can see why so many choose EE.

12 month sim only £20.40pm unl mins texts 60gb data ee via reward mobile nhs discounts

20GB with Unlimited Mins and Texts (12mo) - £20pm

50GB with Unlimited Mins and Texts (12mo) - £24pm

Vectone

1GB, 150 mins, 150 texts £2.99pm (1mo)

25GB Unlimited Minutes & Texts, £15 (1mo)

3292584.jpg
Why Sim Only Deals on Plusnet?

Flexible 30 day contracts, UK based customer service and no fuss service is what attracts users to Plusnet. Voted as uSwitch's Sim Only network of the year.

Sim Only - Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 8GB of Data for £10 per month with a £25 Reward Card (12mo - £120) @ Plusnet

Plusnet 9GB 4G data £10 1 month contract via Uswitch

3292584.jpg
Why Sim Only Deals on Three?

You'll get a 5G Ready sim at no extra cost, Personal Hotspot, allowing you to use all of your data allowance as a personal hotspot for other devices, and Go Roam, allowing you to use your allowances across the world without extra charges.

Sim Only - 8GB data 12 month advanced plan £9 with £40 topcashback @ Three

Three Sim Only - Unlimited everything Advanced plan @ £16 / 12 month contract (Student email required) - Total Cost £192

Three Ultimate Unlimited Sim Only - £10 per month for 6 months + £20 per month for 18 months = £420 over 24 months

Three Sim Only - Unlimited Data, Calls and Texts for £18 per month (12 month - £216 total) @ Three

iD Mobile

iD Mobile Black Friday 30 day Sim - 2.25GB, Unlimited Texts and 250 minutes £5 per month @ iD Mobile

30 day rolling 10GB Sim for £10 @ ID Mobile

Smarty

Sim Only - Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 4GB of Data for £7.50 per month (12mo - £90) @ Smarty

3292584.jpg
Why Sim Only Deals on vodafone?

VeryMe rewards gives vodafone customers access to weekly exclusive treats and giveaways, from free coffee to festival tickets. vodafone also boasts more roaming locations than any other network.

12 months SIM only - 8GB Data with Unlimited UK minutes/texts £10 @ Vodafone

Vodafone 5G sim only - unlimited uncapped data, texts, minutes @ Fonehouse £360 Plus £192 cashback by redemption (effectively £14 per month)

Lebara

Lebara SIM Only 8GB 4G Data - Unlimited Mins & Texts + 100 International Mins £9.95 no contract Via Uswitch

SIM Only 5GB 4G Data - Unlimited Mins & Texts + 100 International Minutes £7.95 Rolling @ Lebara Via Uswitch

3292584.jpg
Why Sim Only Deals on Virgin Mobile?

43 roaming destinations, data rollover and data free messaging on WhatsApp, messenger and more, plus exclusive discounts for existing Virgin customers make them a compelling option. Plus, they use the EE network.

Virgin Sim Only - 5000 Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 12GB 4G for £12 per month (12 month - £144 total) @ Virgin Mobile

3292584.jpg
Sim Only FAQs

What is a Sim Only Deal?

A Sim only deal offers you a package of minutes, texts and mobile data for a monthly cost, similar to a mobile phone contract. You don't get a handset however, just the Sim card!

How long am i tied into a contract for?

This depends on the contract itself, but you can normally expect it to either be monthly or 12 /24 monthly.

Will the new Sim work with my existing phone?

Provided you have a phone made within the past 5-8 years, you should be fine. Most networks supply a sim card which can be used in almost all phones.

Can I keep my number?

You sure can! Just text 'PAC' to 65075 using your current sim. Give the supplied code to your new provider, and the switch should happen within 1 business day.

Can I cap my spending?

Of course! If you want to limit your spend over the included allowance of your contract, most networks allow this. We have a handy thread here explaining the steps.

Where can I check coverage?

Check coverage with Three HERE (http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Network/Coverage)
(Use Three for iD Mobile, PG Mobile, TPO Mobile...)

Check coverage with o2 HERE (http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker)
(Use o2 for Giffgaff, Tesco Mobile, Lyca Mobile...)

Check coverage with EE HERE (http://ee.co.uk/why-ee/network/mobile-coverage)
(use EE for ASDA Mobile, BT Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Life Mobile, Vectone Mobile...)

Check coverage with Vodafone HERE (https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/)
(use Vodafone for Talk Mobile, TalkTalk Mobile...)

Ofcom checker HERE (http://maps.ofcom.org.uk/check-coverage) (checks ALL major networks)
Community Updates
Megathread

Groups

Top comments
Would totally recommend VOXI £10 for 8GB, £15 for 20GB offer currently on.

I was on 3 but sick of no signal in Central London (particularly the city near Broadgate Circle, but to be honest the majority of London from what I experienced) and poor call quality. Moved to VOXI this week and already my mother commented on how much clearer I sound, and I got internet signal in the city!!!! Amazing!!
233 Comments
MagicGS29/10/2019 15:11

Left three this week. Was on a legacy £14 a month unlimited everything sim …Left three this week. Was on a legacy £14 a month unlimited everything sim only without RPI increase but was getting too slow and congested. I moved over to bt family sim with my Wife. 2xsims 100gb each £20 a month. Three had started going downhill and I started noticing it more and more. The EE network is a lot more consistent in 4g signal. I’ve disabled volte though and have 4g on volte off and the 2g network comes in handy where as before I’d lose the call. Very happy with the move and speeds. (Up to 60mbs). Fast enough for what I need on a phone.

Is that £20 a month each for 100GB or just £20 a month for both Sims? That's a good deal if it is!
r8sso15/11/2019 08:13

Is that £20 a month each for 100GB or just £20 a month for both Sims? T …Is that £20 a month each for 100GB or just £20 a month for both Sims? That's a good deal if it is!

20 each 100gb. £40 for both. She was paying £20 for 20gb originally.
Cleverbyname18/11/2019 00:10

Are you on Smarty?

Yes. Using it as my main sim. I don’t have a home broadband. Unlimited everything plan works for me.
Vodafone or O2 in London?
xanoas18/11/2019 00:25

Vodafone, also try EE. Very much depends on your locations
Edited by: "x-man" 18th Nov
JustAPye04/11/2019 13:51

Tesco Mobile will be doing 6GB for £10 a month next week, from an insider …Tesco Mobile will be doing 6GB for £10 a month next week, from an insider friend

I haven’t seen this yet. Is it still going to happen?

Vodafone or EE are your best choices, especially for data. O2 and Three are rubbish in London.
Edited by: "jamie15" 18th Nov

O2 had some major outages this year countrywide - not very reliable.

I'm switching to EE from Vodafone in London fingers crossed.

Everyime I go to westfield on weekends VF is dead. Nothing works. Turned up to shop there they said it's normal.

I also get no internet when tube is moving outside on VF even though I have 4G signal. Anybody else experience it?
chakalakaboomboom18/11/2019 09:24

O2 had some major outages this year countrywide - not very reliable.I'm …O2 had some major outages this year countrywide - not very reliable.I'm switching to EE from Vodafone in London fingers crossed.Everyime I go to westfield on weekends VF is dead. Nothing works. Turned up to shop there they said it's normal.I also get no internet when tube is moving outside on VF even though I have 4G signal. Anybody else experience it?

Me also, but i am in roaming so i expected to received that kind of service. In the overground even when i am not in the tunnels i lost signal or drop to 3g.
Has anyone had any experience with 1p mobile ? I'm looking for a sim only deal for my father who is in his 80's & just wants a phone he can use occasionally in emergencies. He's on giffgaff at the moment but they've just turned him off for not using his phone for 3 months.
Or anyone suggest another deal - preferably we network.
chakalakaboomboom18/11/2019 09:24

O2 had some major outages this year countrywide - not very reliable.I'm …O2 had some major outages this year countrywide - not very reliable.I'm switching to EE from Vodafone in London fingers crossed.Everyime I go to westfield on weekends VF is dead. Nothing works. Turned up to shop there they said it's normal.I also get no internet when tube is moving outside on VF even though I have 4G signal. Anybody else experience it?

Which Westfield? I've been to both on multiple occasions and both have excellent Vodafone and EE coverage.
jamie1518/11/2019 21:47

Which Westfield? I've been to both on multiple occasions and both have …Which Westfield? I've been to both on multiple occasions and both have excellent Vodafone and EE coverage.

I know for a fact Stratford Westfield gets rubbish reception lol i’m on Vodafone but it doesn’t matter what network. Especially on the lower ground and first floor..
jamie1518/11/2019 21:47

Which Westfield? I've been to both on multiple occasions and both have …Which Westfield? I've been to both on multiple occasions and both have excellent Vodafone and EE coverage.

White city. I go every sunday few years now always same issue. No internet. Doesnt matter which floor. I spoke to shop as well. They said they know about it.
BarGin18/11/2019 08:09

I haven’t seen this yet. Is it still going to happen?

He got the wrong week, it's out today mate
39025705-IDAKO.jpg
Cheap00718/11/2019 21:50

I know for a fact Stratford Westfield gets rubbish reception lol i’m on V …I know for a fact Stratford Westfield gets rubbish reception lol i’m on Vodafone but it doesn’t matter what network. Especially on the lower ground and first floor..

chakalakaboomboom18/11/2019 22:30

White city. I go every sunday few years now always same issue. No …White city. I go every sunday few years now always same issue. No internet. Doesnt matter which floor. I spoke to shop as well. They said they know about it.

I go to both and get great signal on VOXI (Vodafone) and BT (EE). Only issue can be upstairs food court area in Westfield Stratford but the signal is even worse there on Three and O2 (tried on Sky Mobile).
Been rejected twice by fonehouse now, first time unsuccessful response by vodafone and second time they claimed it was because of security reasons. Really weird as I've been with Vodafone for a year now.
Edited by: "xanoas" 19th Nov
Got a contract with EE in the end, £13 a month for 50GB data.
xanoas19/11/2019 21:05

Was this a retention deal?
xanoas19/11/2019 21:20

Nope, cashback via quidco for £130.

That’s a v.good deal, shame EE is poor signal for me :-(
indywooda19/11/2019 22:46

That’s a v.good deal, shame EE is poor signal for me :-(

Where are you located? I've heard they are really good in London.
xanoas19/11/2019 21:05

That’s a good deal. I pay £18.60 for unlimited mins/text but 25gb data.
It is on their max plan though, not sure if much difference.
£13 for 50gb has made me think of re looking at my sim only deal
madmurd20/11/2019 07:45

That’s a good deal. I pay £18.60 for unlimited mins/text but 25gb data.It i …That’s a good deal. I pay £18.60 for unlimited mins/text but 25gb data.It is on their max plan though, not sure if much difference.£13 for 50gb has made me think of re looking at my sim only deal

Limited to 60Mbps, but I don't need anything above that on mobile.
xanoas20/11/2019 08:04

Limited to 60Mbps, but I don't need anything above that on mobile.

We’re did you get it from
xanoas20/11/2019 08:05

Direct from EE.

I’ll have a butchers as EE never go that low in price.
Cheers
madmurd20/11/2019 08:10

I’ll have a butchers as EE never go that low in price.Cheers

The price is after cashback. There is a deal on any plan over £20pm get £80 cash back plus an additional £50 on offer at moment.
nic020/11/2019 17:11

The price is after cashback. There is a deal on any plan over £20pm get …The price is after cashback. There is a deal on any plan over £20pm get £80 cash back plus an additional £50 on offer at moment.

I thought that one had finished yesterday?
Can you go through quidco for upgrades and keep your same number? Ee existing customr deals are a bit rubbish.
Picked up an EE sim from the £shop the other day, really like the number on it..took out a simo with ee today..quickest way to transfer number? Will I still need to get pac and go to another network then port it back? If yes, which network is it easiest to port to/ port from
Phoned EE this afternoon to start the ball rolling for the 30 day notice end of contract. Managed to get a cracking deal of 10Gb of data, unlimited texts and minutes for £8 a month on a 12 month contract. (Works for ME, might not suit others) Worth ringing and speaking to them, cannot find anything online that matches EE with that.
Edited by: "welshpilot" 23rd Nov
Big surprise no unlimited deals on EE for BlackFriday :/
...erm...23/11/2019 02:44

Big surprise no unlimited deals on EE for BlackFriday :/

EE have not released their black friday deals yet. The current sim only deals look like they end in 2 days so maybe sometime next week
Edited by: "L_K123" 24th Nov
welshpilot23/11/2019 00:59

Phoned EE this afternoon to start the ball rolling for the 30 day notice …Phoned EE this afternoon to start the ball rolling for the 30 day notice end of contract. Managed to get a cracking deal of 10Gb of data, unlimited texts and minutes for £8 a month on a 12 month contract. (Works for ME, might not suit others) Worth ringing and speaking to them, cannot find anything online that matches EE with that.

Coincidentally also phoned yesterday, they offered the same plan to us for £18pm (12m). Had to tell them "no" 3 times before they stopped threatening to sign me up there and then.
Anyone got a good 5g EE sim deal
Dave_Rigg24/11/2019 09:28

Coincidentally also phoned yesterday, they offered the same plan to us for …Coincidentally also phoned yesterday, they offered the same plan to us for £18pm (12m). Had to tell them "no" 3 times before they stopped threatening to sign me up there and then.

Did you go through to cancel your current contract / give 30 days notice? The 30 days notice is important here as they are able to drag packages together.
What happened to the SIM Android boy deal from three. 8gb for 8£ thread seems to have gone now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants