The HUKD Alexa Skill Sharing Thread!

Posted 21st Oct
Created an Alexa skill and want some people to check it out? Want to try out some new skills?

More importantly, want a free Echo Show?

This thread is to share/use other HUKD'er Alexa skills! Simply comment down below with your skill name, like comments if you've tried it out, and we can have a general discussion about all things related to Alexa skill creation
Community Updates
Stolen from SewerSide:

just so everyone knows, you need to "use" the skill to help the author get rewards, not just enable it. After you have enabled a skill, say "Alexa, launch (name_of_skill)". It should give you a message, then you can say "never mind, cancel, stop" and it will go away.

You can do this in the Alexa app on your phone, just touch the Alexa icon at the bottom, and say "launch (name_of_skill)".

This then counts towards the 75 that's needed for the show. You can keep track of these unique numbers by going in to your developer account and navigating to the Alexa Skills Kit, you should see all your skills in development and live. From there you can click analytics of the live skill. Using the different options down the side and the drop downs you can get statistics for utterances, activations, sessions etc all within different time zones.

Hi, just to make this easier I've created an editable google spreadsheet please can you all fill it in when your skills get published. It just makes it easier for people to find all the skills the need to activate and use:

docs.google.com/spr…ing
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Will21/10/2019 19:11

I've published my new Alexa skill, its called "Will's Fun Facts", its got …I've published my new Alexa skill, its called "Will's Fun Facts", its got the same icon as my HUKD icon:[Image] Please enable and use it, and I will do the same for your skill, message me after you have done it with your skill name.

Installed, my one is Joke Teller with this logo
38722843-6Sbx0.jpg
I've published my new Alexa skill, its called "Guess The Number Game", its got the same icon as my HUKD icon:

38721770-6ITEI.jpgPlease enable and use it, and I will do the same for your skill, message me after you have done it with your skill name.

You can also enable it from here

amazon.co.uk/Wil…TF8

If you visit that link on your phone, You can enable the skill directly in the Alexa app and use it too from it.
Edited by: "Will" 11th Nov
261 Comments
Reserved this comment for when my skill gets approved!

EDIT: As of Saturday 26th October, skill has been approved. Please use my skill! Not a Blueprint skill, used Voiceflow skills-store.amazon.co.uk/deeplink/dp/B07ZJBFTH3

First person to find an easter egg I put in the skill wins a £5 Amazon gift card Will update post when it is claimed!
Edited by: "jamie15" 30th Oct
I've published my new Alexa skill, its called "Guess The Number Game", its got the same icon as my HUKD icon:

38721770-6ITEI.jpgPlease enable and use it, and I will do the same for your skill, message me after you have done it with your skill name.

You can also enable it from here

amazon.co.uk/Wil…TF8

If you visit that link on your phone, You can enable the skill directly in the Alexa app and use it too from it.
Edited by: "Will" 11th Nov
I’m going to do mine on Wednesday. Il reserve my spot for then lol.
Ask Alexa to fart

it goes downhill very quickly from there

I've published my new Alexa skill, its called "Will's Fun Facts", its got …I've published my new Alexa skill, its called "Will's Fun Facts", its got the same icon as my HUKD icon:[Image] Please enable and use it, and I will do the same for your skill, message me after you have done it with your skill name.

Used it

Installed, my one is Joke Teller with this logo
38722843-6Sbx0.jpg
DealsElf21/10/2019 21:12

Installed, my one is Joke Teller with this logo[Image]

Just used it
jamie1521/10/2019 21:20

Just used it

I will revisit this post every day to make sure everything in this post are installed and tried.
Edited by: "DealsElf" 21st Oct

Done
Will post mine in here soon and will check back for others
DealsElf21/10/2019 21:27

I will revisit this post every day to make sure everything in this … I will revisit this post every day to make sure everything in this post are installed and tried.

Great I intend to try out every skill posted in here too!

Used it!

used it!
Will post mine when it gets approved.

Im away until Friday but will do all those posted then! also this was a grat idea thanks @jamie15
Deal.hunter12321/10/2019 23:37

Will post mine when it gets approved. Im away until Friday but will do all …Will post mine when it gets approved. Im away until Friday but will do all those posted then! also this was a grat idea thanks @jamie15

You're welcome
DrTestosterone21/10/2019 22:50

Comment deleted

It made me happy to discover someone here made a skill that they fully intend to use I used the skill What's with the booing for one of the names?
Edited by: "jamie15" 22nd Oct
Hi everyone, can I make a suggestion to make this easier, if everyone post the URL to their Alexa Skill, like this:

amazon.co.uk/dp/…1-1

Then if you visit that link on your phone, it should automatically start up Alexa app or even allow you to enable the skill from the web browser (if you're logged into your Amazon account).
jamie1522/10/2019 00:06

It made me happy to discover someone here made a skill that they fully …It made me happy to discover someone here made a skill that they fully intend to use I used the skill What's with the booing for one of the names?

Thanks! The cheers and boos are randomly assigned
Any chance the edited blueprint will qualify?
Got mine published fairly fast, was quite fun

Alexa Skill from Amazon
skills-store.amazon.co.uk/dee…dp/

Will try out other people’s skill later on in the day
Edited by: "ace101" 24th Oct
Reposted, as hkud deleted my original post when I added the link

Here's my Alexa skill - "Whiskers Will Pick"

I made it for the kids, they wanted a Whose Turn, but with their imaginary friend Whiskers The Seal picking their names
moxa22/10/2019 04:02

Any chance the edited blueprint will qualify?

seems to! I made my with a blueprint, and it got approved
Will add mine asap - I'm halfway through
Here's mine Coffee Round

Thanks in advance
Hi,

This is mine,

amazon.co.uk/dp/…1-3

Thankyou very much! I will be returning the favour shortly.
Done for all your skills, please visit mine if you have not already done so: amazon.co.uk/dp/…1-1
Random thought, does a flash briefing skill count as “publishing a skill” for the free stuff? Looks dead easy to add an RSS feed
Here is mine amazon.co.uk/Tom…18B

I have enabled all the ones in this thread and will use them when I get home this evening.
Anybody know how to find out how many users/ downloads you have?

Cant seem to see but with a number like 75 you should really know!!!!
Wormy22/10/2019 12:25

Here is mine …Here is mine https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tom-Critchlow-Day-Year-Calculator/dp/B07ZC5G18BI have enabled all the ones in this thread and will use them when I get home this evening.

Done
Hey, just a note for everyone, you need to "use" the skill to help the author get rewards, not just enable it. After you have enabled a skill, say "Alexa, launch (name_of_skill)". It should give you a message, then you can say "never mind" and it will go away.

You can do this in the Alexa app on your phone, just touch the Alexa icon at the bottom, and say "launch (name_of_skill)".
I'll help as many as I can. Here's mine:

amazon.co.uk/Eli…LL/

It just reads messages from my blog. I'll activate everyone else's when I get home tonight
Edited by: "eliottrobson" 22nd Oct
Deal.hunter12322/10/2019 12:30

Anybody know how to find out how many users/ downloads you have?Cant seem …Anybody know how to find out how many users/ downloads you have?Cant seem to see but with a number like 75 you should really know!!!!

Yes, if you log in to your amazon developer account and go to the Alexa Skills Kit, you should see all your skills in development and live. From there you can click analytics of the live skill. Using the different options down the side and the drop downs you can get statistics for utterances, activations, sessions etc all within different time zones. Hope that helps
Waiting for mine. I'll go through everyone's in the evening.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants