The HUKD 'Game of the Year Award' 2017

Found 27th Dec 2017
2865602.jpg
Another year, another shed load of games released. Some great, some not so great.

We've had a right old year of it. The Nintendo Switch was released, giving Nintendo their fastest selling console to date (they've now gone on to sell more than 10 million units worldwide).

Microsoft announced and released the Xbox One X. EA released a rather questionable Star Wars: Battlefront II with its loot box controversy and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds became the most played game of all time on Steam, going on to be released on Xbox One.

Ubisoft released the (in my opinion) best Assassin's Creed game to date, Microsoft pushed out the latest addition to their Forza franchise and the PlayStation 4 possibly saw the best release to date in Horizon Zero Dawn.

But what was your personal gaming highlight, what is your 2017 Game of the Year?

I've drawn up a list of titles released this year, and I'd love to know what your game of 2017 is.

I'll apologise upfront if a title you thought you'd see here isn't, but I've tried to take the best titles displayed in various mainstream Game of the Year Awards on the internet (plus, I've bettered last year and added in some Nintendo titles).

If you feel a game listed is worthy of the Game of the Year title, simply give it a like and we'll decide a winner between us on Tuesday January 2rd 2018.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
32920734-4bE07.jpg
32920745-KI6sV.jpg
32920763-djs2E.jpg
32920774-uqDIE.jpg
67 Comments
32920719-Kfcl1.jpg
32920724-hMpSt.jpg
32920730-4KGV1.jpg
32920734-4bE07.jpg
32920739-vJAvA.jpg
32920741-oSMRy.jpg
32920743-mDPJg.jpg
32920745-KI6sV.jpg
32920747-NIcMo.jpg
32920749-S7HBI.jpg
32920752-TAXj6.jpg
32920754-UCLen.jpg
32920756-gll2C.jpg
32920757-eA81h.jpg
32920760-TLtpf.jpg
32920761-bOiSx.jpg
32920763-djs2E.jpg
32920767-vQChy.jpg
32920770-m5Zzs.jpg
32920772-i2EEY.jpg
32920774-uqDIE.jpg
32920778-pMEaw.jpg
32920779-rxGno.jpg
32920782-pZOzz.jpg
32920784-39D3q.jpg
32920786-cyTO7.jpg
BuzzDuraband13 m ago

[Image]

Hey buzz. Can you make it so I can give resi 2 likes . Such a great game. I'm glad they made the decision to do a first person perspective... definitely made a more unnerving experience
There's something missing...
SteveFantasy27th Dec 2017

There's something missing...

Gran Tursismo Sport...or Life is Strange?
Late entry for @F.D

32920918-CvGtE.jpg
BuzzDuraband7 m ago

Late entry for @F.D [Image]

Haha, much better.
Geez hard one, Mario, horizon, resident evil 7 or creed origins?
Went creed origins.
thewrecker747744 m ago

Hey buzz. Can you make it so I can give resi 2 likes . Such a great …Hey buzz. Can you make it so I can give resi 2 likes . Such a great game. I'm glad they made the decision to do a first person perspective... definitely made a more unnerving experience

Buzz has "Dealboxes" for sale, only £1.89 for a key to unlock one, you will have a chance of winning more votes, a mince pie or a decal for your MySpace account.
Robot_Rooster3 m ago

Buzz has "Dealboxes" for sale, only £1.89 for a key to unlock one, you …Buzz has "Dealboxes" for sale, only £1.89 for a key to unlock one, you will have a chance of winning more votes, a mince pie or a decal for your MySpace account.

Don't like mince pies and don't have a myspace account. But I will take the voting keys please
Since we're the gaming subject, I've been looking at getting pubg but I'm on the fence. Is it worth getting? Is it as bad as some people say? Or should I wait for a 1.0 release?
deleted80034227th Dec 2017

No Mans Sky?

this is the worst bait i have seen in a while, firstly wasn't released this year, secondly it isn't a game it's just a space simulator with some background lore thrown into the background.
thewrecker74777 m ago

Since we're the gaming subject, I've been looking at getting pubg but I'm …Since we're the gaming subject, I've been looking at getting pubg but I'm on the fence. Is it worth getting? Is it as bad as some people say? Or should I wait for a 1.0 release?

the xbox version isn't worth getting potentially ever as it's a really bad pc port locked to 30fps which really kills the gameplay on the shooter. the pc version is said to be 1.0 now but it's still really in development, for what it is it's an incredible game made really well and at the same time often falling apart completely with bugs and glitches, it's definitely very playable and I've put in about 120 hours into it over the last 3 months, if you have people to play with regularly it is one of the most fun gaming experiences I have had, solo for me is still quite fun but it misses a lot of the elements that having a team has like loot sharing and collectively gearing everyone up, scouting areas and intel sharing between team mates over discord.

In summary I would definitely recommend picking up a key from cdkeys for PC when it's on sale
Not been a great gaming year for me, nothing stood out except for resident evil which is a surprise as it's not normally my sort of game.
Felicitous58 m ago

the xbox version isn't worth getting potentially ever as it's a really bad …the xbox version isn't worth getting potentially ever as it's a really bad pc port locked to 30fps which really kills the gameplay on the shooter. the pc version is said to be 1.0 now but it's still really in development, for what it is it's an incredible game made really well and at the same time often falling apart completely with bugs and glitches, it's definitely very playable and I've put in about 120 hours into it over the last 3 months, if you have people to play with regularly it is one of the most fun gaming experiences I have had, solo for me is still quite fun but it misses a lot of the elements that having a team has like loot sharing and collectively gearing everyone up, scouting areas and intel sharing between team mates over discord.In summary I would definitely recommend picking up a key from cdkeys for PC when it's on sale

Thanks very much for your input. I failed to mention that I was looking at it for the Xbox (Not got a pc). I don't think I could do with having framerate issues and such like and should it ever get a full release I may consider picking it up then. Thanks again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions