The Hut Group - changing prices and claiming no stock

Okay, I appreciate you don't always get to a deal in time - that's life, right?

What about when your order is accepted, put on hold due to 'no stock' and then the website mysteriously getting lots of stock, and the price going up by as much as double?

The Hut Group have done this two me twice in the last four weeks. One with Zavvi and one with Asda. Both have stock on their website, both have sent me numerous emails advising that stock is being sourced and that they 'are working with their suppliers to meet your order'.

Frankly, it's more than a coincidence that the price has gone up and stock appears; I appreciate that some places will supply for cheaper than the next, but is it not unreasonable to expect the company to actually pull their finger out and say something? Or even cancel the order?

Now I know I could cancel it myself and order elsewhere, but the fact of the matter is that they were not mis-priced goods (i.e. instant cancel) and it's pretty poor for a company to adopt that lax attitude.

Has anyone else had this problem of late/at all with The Hut? They're normally quite good - which is a shame.

6 Comments

No...

Same happened with me today... got an email saying they working to get stock... i didn't know though that they can put the price up after you ordered. Will keep an eye on it to see if it gets cancelled.

Its not just the hut group !!!............. same thing with cd-wow. ... £2.99 dvd in stock , got email saying out of stock and refunded. Within a week DVD back in stock and at £11.99 !!!!..............:w00t:

Original Poster

krazie2004;6699314

Same happened with me today... got an email saying they working to get … Same happened with me today... got an email saying they working to get stock... i didn't know though that they can put the price up after you ordered. Will keep an eye on it to see if it gets cancelled.

Oh, my order still says my price but out of stock; but when you search the site, there is a new price and with stock ready to be sent out within x number of hours/days...

Original Poster

jcaho7;6699359

Its not just the hut group !!!............. same thing with cd-wow. ... … Its not just the hut group !!!............. same thing with cd-wow. ... £2.99 dvd in stock , got email saying out of stock and refunded. Within a week DVD back in stock and at £11.99 !!!!..............:w00t:

Don't get me started on CD-WOW ... when they're good, they give you a free Starship Troopers Blu Ray box set; when they're bad, they're god-awful. I have to be nice, as I was lucky enough to get the free box set and keep my £5 e-voucher.

Original Poster

Okay, some success today. A polite email to Asda has resolved the issue (it was Planet Earth on Blu Ray). The original order price of £17.91 delivered has been accepted, even though the website is still showing the item for £24.71 (]see link here)

However, Zavvi have given me the default response of "we're looking in to it". I doubt I will ever get The Shawshank Redemption Blu Ray at the price they advertised (I used my £2.50 off voucher from HUKD), but we'll see.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763950
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    3. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    4. GOT Leaks again416

See more discussions