The Hut selling used games as new?

Hi all

Just got round to looking at a game I've bought from The Hut and it isn't new.

I got on this deal hotukdeals.com/ite…60- and thought that it was a bargain however the game isn't in an original 360 case, it wasn't sealed or security sealed and the disc had a chalky residue on it.

Can anyone else comment if they have received stuff like this from The Hut.

@nal I know but my point stands that as a new retailer they should explain clearly when items are used or refurbished - otherwise I had used eBay

If I given this as a gift the recipient would have thought me a right tight b'stard!

Cheers for reading

Oliverreed

7 Comments

ive just had this today but was the resident evil from gameplay and the cover was filthy and not sealed etc lucky was for hubby as it wouldnt of passed for gift,

They all do it, I bought a game online from HMV and the disc inside was in a sainsburys bag !

I've had that before, :x
By the way that chalky residue may be off one of those dvd-cleaner/skimmer things to try and make the disc look like new

the games go back and forwards between the retailers, typically they send out loads to the shops for the launch, then call it all back in a couple of weeks later

id definitely return if it was bought as a new version of the game!

Original Poster

Thanks all! In a way I'd rather this was unique but I'm (not in the wrong way) glad I'm not alone.

I've never had this before, often I buy launch titles, does that help?

iNSOMANiAC;7373933

They all do it, I bought a game online from HMV and the disc inside was … They all do it, I bought a game online from HMV and the disc inside was in a sainsburys bag !

NO!!!!!...............hahahha:w00t::w00t:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
    2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…22
    3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions