Groups

The joys of NASTY customers... If only we could slap them!

Im so wound up right now, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I work with the public and I have to speak to people face to face and over the phone on subjects from sales, right through to complaints and so far I have been extremely polite and calm even when faced with irate customers etc. I believe I am quite good at calming a situation down, and whatsmore have spoken to 1000's of people and never had anyone wind me up as this one woman.

I had the customer from hell on the phone, such a nasty woman who clearly has an nasty streak in her.

The glass door on her oven this morning shattered and so she rang to report it. Not a problem I told her, I will locate her customer file and then ring the manufactura up and sort it. I needed to find her file to locate the model number of the oven, she was at work so couldnt tell me and her file is in storage (all files go into storage after 6 months and its impossible to guess which one she has).

Oh but no, this silly cow wants it fixing right now. Will whirlpool come today or tomorrow, I told her there was a very slim chance of that. Well im not waiting a week, I want it fixing now, im the be all and end all and I want you to jump through hoops and drag a new door out of your bottom cause I am not waiting not for you or anyone... 2 Hours later shes back on the phone, have you found the file, no I havent found it i told her, and explained I have to send someone to go and manually get it, which can take more than 2 hours. I cannot afford to drop everything just for her, and she was at work so couldnt cook with it anyway, and I know full well what whirlpool will do so its just a case of waiting anyway.

It was just the tone of her voice and the way she spoke, was just like she was so important that nothing else cared like my whole day should be devoted to solving her oven door. I told her the truth when she phoned, there was no need for 'well i dont believe you' comments and such, like im making it up and lying to her. I have no reason to lie to people, whirlpool wont jump through hoops for her, shes got no chance. They will turn up without the new door, inspect the damage and then come back with the door. I told her this but oh no shes not having any of it.

Theres just no need to talk to people like that, being a bitch wont get it fixed any faster. If I had no self respect and control Id of verbally thrashed her, and she wouldnt of known what hit her, but I didnt. I could of been bitch myself and binned the notes and made her wait longer, but I didnt.... If she rings back though......

I believe some people are just nasty and they cant help it.

Im going having a ciggy at the backdoor now... I do feel a bit better now.. sorry to rant on.

55 Comments

Banned

Give em slap anyway, make you feel better

apduk

I could of been b*tch myself and binned the notes and made her wait … I could of been b*tch myself and binned the notes and made her wait longer, but I didnt....

That's what I would've done!! :giggle: Manners cost nothing, make her wait longer!

:giggle:

....and breathe!

Banned

Maybe hers got 7 kids at home and a husband that all need feeding, i must admit i would feel pretty peeved that you had no idea when you could sort this out too, mind i would have had my model number at the ready, but i suppose that wouldnt have helped either as im sure you would have needed other details from my file (now stored somewhere) ;-)

all comes with the job really

doesnt spoil my day i just stay silent and let them rant or talk very slowly to annoy them or use a sarcastic tone lllolol

Banned

sassie

Maybe hers got 7 kids at home and a husband that all need feeding, i must … Maybe hers got 7 kids at home and a husband that all need feeding, i must admit i would feel pretty peeved that you had no idea when you could sort this out too, mind i would have had my model number at the ready, but i suppose that wouldnt have helped either as im sure you would have needed other details from my file (now stored somewhere) ;-)

Sounds like she's been let down by the system, surely access to this womans file should be a little bit easier (in this computerised day and age) to access than having to trawl through bolt loads of manual files!! :?

Banned

UltimoScorpion

Sounds like she's been let down by the system, surely access to this … Sounds like she's been let down by the system, surely access to this womans file should be a little bit easier (in this computerised day and age) to access than having to trawl through bolt loads of manual files!! :?

yeas, it does sound like we will get it sorted when we can find th time to send someone to root through some boxes, like i said i would be pretty peeved to

i think i would be tempted to pass Whirlpools number on to her - and then she may understand that you are not making up time scales.

Original Poster

UltimoScorpion

Sounds like she's been let down by the system, surely access to this … Sounds like she's been let down by the system, surely access to this womans file should be a little bit easier (in this computerised day and age) to access than having to trawl through bolt loads of manual files!! :?

No it doesnt work like that. In reality I have the rest of the business day to get a file, it makes no difference if I have it there and then or 7 hours later, as long as its booked in that day. She was just far too impatient, demanding, and completely unrealistic, and whats more she is at work all day, so she couldnt use it anyway.

Its all sorted now, its all booked in and she's still sat at work, so shes no better off.

I'm sure I used to go out with her!.......

We had the customer from hell last Wednesday... We hadn't done anything wrong, indeed we'd never met him but it was truly an ordeal.

I'm not sure how much I can say about it but I fully believe any one of you would have been shocked and appalled at the fellow. We actually felt genuinely threatened by him and his henchman.

yes i#m the same
    i work for amazon and ive had some complete ***** emailing me demanding prices that were clearly a mistake

Banned

jasonrat

yes i#m the same i work for amazon and ive had some complete ***** … yes i#m the same i work for amazon and ive had some complete ***** emailing me demanding prices that were clearly a mistake

No way to speak about HUKD members:w00t:

Banned

sassie

No way to speak about HUKD members:w00t:

Ha Ha lol!

Whilst this instance being spoken of was clearly about someone who doesnt have a clue how to speak to someone and get a result, many of the CS reps I seem to deal with lie through their teeth and say whatever to make easy for them, making all sorts of promises they have no intention to keep.

Worst offenders for me have been Virgin (or NTL as was), T-Mobile, Sky, Dell and partially O2.

I never lose my rag - I know its not the way to get a result, but I am always insistant.

After a run in with T-Mobile, I told them I was fed up of being lied to and incorrect notes on my account being filled in (or nothing left at all!). I told them that because its been 9 months of having a faulty phone without them doing a thing about it, my patience had rung out, that I was going to record all calls in future. Fortunately I did manage to get someone to sort things via the backdoor (ie they got a repair done direct to their repairers - cutting out T-Mobile repair section.) The phone had to go back once more (Thats now 4 phones!) but appears ok now. For my troubles, they have logged on my account to ask me if I am recording and cut off if I am. Are they scared or something! In the meantime, now when I phone, my Caller ID displays and their CS just cut me off! Obviously I now have a complaint going through regarding this and the appalling way they have treated this whole scenario. I know Im not alone here!

So yes, its bad that there are members of the public that cannot behave and be abusive, but equally its appalling that CS departments treat the General Public in the way they do.

Banned

after re-readin the op's post more than a few times, i still cant see how the op thinks this women should have acted, she had been told whirlpool would basically sort it out when it suited (found file) and not only that but why the hell the file was needed anyway as according to the op whirlpool would come out, check what was needed then come back again when they got what they needed :?

apduk

Im so wound up right now, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!I do feel a bit … Im so wound up right now, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!I do feel a bit better now.. sorry to rant on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/zaphodswombat/whatever.jpg

apduk

Im so wound up right now, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!I work with the … Im so wound up right now, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!I work with the public and I have to speak to people face to face and over the phone on subjects from sales, right through to complaints and so far I have been extremely polite and calm even when faced with irate customers etc. I believe I am quite good at calming a situation down, and whatsmore have spoken to 1000's of people and never had anyone wind me up as this one woman.I had the customer from hell on the phone, such a nasty woman who clearly has an nasty streak in her.The glass door on her oven this morning shattered and so she rang to report it. Not a problem I told her, I will locate her customer file and then ring the manufactura up and sort it. I needed to find her file to locate the model number of the oven, she was at work so couldnt tell me and her file is in storage (all files go into storage after 6 months and its impossible to guess which one she has).Oh but no, this silly cow wants it fixing right now. Will whirlpool come today or tomorrow, I told her there was a very slim chance of that. Well im not waiting a week, I want it fixing now, im the be all and end all and I want you to jump through hoops and drag a new door out of your bottom cause I am not waiting not for you or anyone... 2 Hours later shes back on the phone, have you found the file, no I havent found it i told her, and explained I have to send someone to go and manually get it, which can take more than 2 hours. I cannot afford to drop everything just for her, and she was at work so couldnt cook with it anyway, and I know full well what whirlpool will do so its just a case of waiting anyway.It was just the tone of her voice and the way she spoke, was just like she was so important that nothing else cared like my whole day should be devoted to solving her oven door. I told her the truth when she phoned, there was no need for 'well i dont believe you' comments and such, like im making it up and lying to her. I have no reason to lie to people, whirlpool wont jump through hoops for her, shes got no chance. They will turn up without the new door, inspect the damage and then come back with the door. I told her this but oh no shes not having any of it.Theres just no need to talk to people like that, being a bitch wont get it fixed any faster. If I had no self respect and control Id of verbally thrashed her, and she wouldnt of known what hit her, but I didnt. I could of been bitch myself and binned the notes and made her wait longer, but I didnt.... If she rings back though...... I believe some people are just nasty and they cant help it.Im going having a ciggy at the backdoor now... I do feel a bit better now.. sorry to rant on.

Sounds to me like your in the wrong job.

I can understand why you are wound up and in need of a rant. I deal with the public face to face on a day to day basis and some - not all - but some are rather rude, igronant and outside of work I wouldn't have given them the time of day.

However bad I feel - there the customer - until the leave the shop, I get paid to be nice, polite and fulfill theres needs to the best of my ability - the same as you do.

If you can't manage the odd customer who evidently NEEDS her oven - cos heaven forbid she has a family - e.g husband and three kids who need feeding - and we all know how pricy takeouts can be - then I agree with Stora.

i completely know how you feel, but people who do that dont realise that the more polite they are the more we are likely to help them because if they are nasty and complete w*nkers then i really cant wait to see the back of them and talk about them behind their back and maybe prioritise some nicer customers.

I work with the general public and it has to be said they are a pain in the **** :giggle:

kk_cheung

i completely know how you feel, but people who do that dont realise that … i completely know how you feel, but people who do that dont realise that the more polite they are the more we are likely to help them because if they are nasty and complete w*nkers then i really cant wait to see the back of them and talk about them behind their back and maybe prioritise some nicer customers.

In fairness - EVERY customer should be your priority.. after all without customers most of us wouldn't be in a job. And talking about them behind there back aint on either.

How I wish I was the manager of people who have that attitude!

Banned

Becksdawe

In fairness - EVERY customer should be your priority.. after all without … In fairness - EVERY customer should be your priority.. after all without customers most of us wouldn't be in a job. And talking about them behind there back aint on either.How I wish I was the manager of people who have that attitude!

well said, i think some people forget what they are actually paid for

sassie

well said, i think some people forget what they are actually paid for

Judging by the posting times of a lot of stuff on here, it would seem in a lot of cases they are paid to browse HUKD:giggle:

Banned

Shengis

Judging by the posting times of a lot of stuff on here, it would seem in … Judging by the posting times of a lot of stuff on here, it would seem in a lot of cases they are paid to browse HUKD:giggle:

i was going to start a thread on the biggest waste of a companies money, but thought better of it :oops:

sassie

i was going to start a thread on the biggest waste of a companies money, … i was going to start a thread on the biggest waste of a companies money, but thought better of it :oops:

Ohhhhh go on - that could be intresting!

Banned

Becksdawe

Ohhhhh go on - that could be intresting!

your bleedin joking, ide be lynched (enter my all typing dictionary dandoc :giggle: )

sassie

your bleedin joking, ide be lynched (enter my all typing dictionary … your bleedin joking, ide be lynched (enter my all typing dictionary dandoc :giggle: )

:giggle: Ah well

Banned

Becksdawe

:giggle: Ah well

feel free becks, you may get better responses than i would ;-)

Sounds like the op wasn't in a great mood when they posted this, so why make them even more wound up and depressed with critical comments.

Banned

monkey2929

Sounds like the op wasn't in a great mood when they posted this, so why … Sounds like the op wasn't in a great mood when they posted this, so why make them even more wound up and depressed with critical comments.

because the op didnt state he wanted us to agree with him

:lol:

That was quite a good answer. lol.

Banned

monkey2929

That was quite a good answer. lol.

yeah shengis is pretty quick off the mark and straight to the point :giggle:

Lmao, i would of told her where to go if she spoke to me like that.

sassie

yeah shengis is pretty quick off the mark and straight to the point … yeah shengis is pretty quick off the mark and straight to the point :giggle:

Less is more as they say....;-) :giggle:

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. :thumbsup:

Reading through this thread it's easy to attack Apduk but anyone who has ever spent time in a job dealing with customers / customer service will relate partly to the story. Having spent a good deal of time in jobs which require good customer relations (and living in Manchester which has it's fair share of asshats) I can sympathise with the OP. When you have a customer who (for example) has already angered and upset employee's by being very aggresive, swearing or such it is especially difficult to deal with their problem in 'as an impartial manner' as you would with a perfectly polite person.

It's easy to step forward and say 'you're in the wrong job' or 'you're there to serve the customers' but until you've been in a position where a member of staff has been threatened, verbally abused or had things thrown at them etc. it isn't really fair on those in such positions. I'd also place a bet that anyone in such a position, for even a short length of time, has muttered 'w*nker' at some point after a nasty customer has left and frankly I don't blame them. Whereever you go in the world there are such people and Apduk has done as well as anyone can expect when dealing with them - Apduk wasn't vindictive or nasty by delaying the repair / replacement but just held their tongue until later on and then had a good rant about the w*nker.

Banned

well as none of us (apart from the op) where there we can only go on the post and i for one read it as 50/50, it seems the op maybe has a little bit of an attitude and maybe the customer does too, and yes i worked with the elderly for a long time and imagine what would have happened had i had the attitude the op did ;-) we all have jobs to do however meaningless some might find them, and if we cant do the job rightly then we shouldnt be in that job

Theres just no need to talk to people like that, being a bitch wont get … Theres just no need to talk to people like that, being a bitch wont get it fixed any faster. If I had no self respect and control Id of verbally thrashed her, and she wouldnt of known what hit her, but I didnt. I could of been bitch myself

theres no need to talk about people like that
    especially if they pay your wages
    think you should think of a career move

sassie

well as none of us (apart from the op) where there we can only go on the … well as none of us (apart from the op) where there we can only go on the post and i for one read it as 50/50, it seems the op maybe has a little bit of an attitude and maybe the customer does too, and yes i worked with the elderly for a long time and imagine what would have happened had i had the attitude the op did ;-) we all have jobs to do however meaningless some might find them, and if we cant do the job rightly then we shouldnt be in that job

I'm reluctant to side with Apduk too - that's why I said 'relate partly to the story' - it just seemed some people went all guns blazing on the customers side. Personally I have refused to deal with some customers and called the police due to their threats/aggression and sometimes (it saddens me to say) violence over small issues that don't warrant such behaviour. That doesn't mean I'm not capable of dealing with customers - it just means that there are some customers I am not prepared to deal with.

Personally if someone starts swearing at me I ask them to stop doing it or I will stop dealing with them - if they continue I tell them to leave the premises, inform them they are on CCTV and that if they will not leave I will call the police. Some people may think this is wrong but that's their problem - if they want to stand and take verbal abuse and just smile / continue dealing with it then that's their worry not mine. :thumbsup:

For those that say 'these people pay your wages' I would like to add that the type of person that I am refering to is, thankfully, a very small proportion of customers and most businesses are quite happy not having the custom of people like this. If you took a poll of those in management positions of companies I think you'll find the vast majority would happily forgo the trade from these individuals.

maybe off topic, however the thing thats gets me, this is the oppsite end o the stick, so too speek!!

i have had to call alot to my bros insurance for the last 6months, with a dodgy repair job complaint, and i wait in the que for ages get through to a rep, tell them all the details ask to speek to "my policys handler" and they try and put me through and SHOCK hes not in at the moment, and he shall call me back, and they never do!! ave been told about 32 times some one would call me back, and they have 2wice!! its terrible,i would rather just hold, cuz its all a lie, and at the start it states, this may be recoereded, so why lie and ssay ppl will call back when they never do!!! RANT OVER!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions