The latest story that makes you question humanity.

Found 30th JanEdited by:"Saturn"
Despite the ability of some to defend the indefensible, I think even Misc can come together in complete abhorrence of this individual. I will let the reports speak for themselves. This one is from the time of the Manchester atrocity, portraying him as a 'hero'. However, thisdescribes the reality of what he was actually doing on that tragic night in May.
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments
Uilleam171 m ago

where has my last post gone?

It's gone because I reported it. I don't want pictures of dead toddlers rammed down my throat without any warning.
Uilleam177 m ago

Happy with fascists though.

Excuse me?

I didn't make a fuss about it. I was just letting you know why it was removed. If you don't agree with their decision to remove it then you should contact them, they may reinstate it.

No need to be churlish about it.
Cr0m10 m ago

Can I take up with you directly, why are you always grassing up other …Can I take up with you directly, why are you always grassing up other people's comments? Not really in the spirit of the whole "we're not allowed to say this any more" thing you bang on about is it?

Seeing as were being direct then - first off, I don't 'always' grass up people's comments. Secondly, If I find a comment offensive I will report it, that's what the report button is for. If I do 'grass' anyone up, I don't hide away like a coward. I will be straight up about it and own it. Thirdly, off the top of my head, I don't recall responding directly to any of your comments? Forgive me if I have and I've forgot about it. That's because I don't particularly like 'you', nor do I particularly like your views so I'd prefer it if you would just stick to those who are willing to argue with you, as it does seem to be a favourite pastime of yours. Of course, you are entitled to respond to any comments of mine that you wish to respond to, just don't expect me to engage with you any further.

Cheers.
Uilleam177 m ago

You must be very delicate,I won't be churlish and have it reinstated in …You must be very delicate,I won't be churlish and have it reinstated in case it upsets the snowflakes but that picture was on the front pages of national newspapers and the thread is about humanity

Well done you. That's very thoughtful of you.

I can't say I am particularly delicate tbh, but I did find that particular picture shocking. I'm sure your intentions were good and I agree, it wasn't entirely inappropriate, given the thread subject. But I would have thought that a link with a warning would have been better given the horrific nature of the picture.
85 Comments
Original Poster
33167219-2FvcQ.jpg

The fact that he was homeless is completely irrelevant. Not a word I like to use, but this person is absolute scum.
Edited by: "Saturn" 30th Jan
Beyond disgusting, For anyone condoning his behaviour at least he's going to have 3 square meals a day.
I don't think any words on here would be sufficient to describe how any decent person feels about what this evil animal did.
The only positive in this are the thousands of good people who donated,
33167492-uJonl.jpg
How does it make you question humanity unless you are very naive?
The definition of a pitiful misery, he won't have much fun in prison.
Prison's gonna be fun for him.

Who wouldn't condemn this? The bogeyman?
At least he's no longer homeless!
A homeless emaciated drug addict stole a coat and stuff and bought food? You are surprised?

hang on let me get my high horse out of the stable, so i can also call this guy the worst humanity has to offer having never been in this situation ever. Isn't judging people from armchairs awesome, what great good have you done today? Oh me, nothing.
Edited by: "catbeans" 30th Jan
Original Poster
catbeans4 m ago

A homeless emaciated drug addict stole a coat and stuff and bought food? …A homeless emaciated drug addict stole a coat and stuff and bought food? You are surprised?hang on let me get my high horse out of the stable, so i can also call this guy the worst humanity has to offer having never been in this situation ever. Isn't judging people from armchairs awesome, what great good have you done today? Oh me, nothing.

Have a read of the story ..... and then a word with yourself. Being 'edgy' is highly overrated, particularly when it is so awfully misplaced.
catbeans4 m ago

A homeless emaciated drug addict stole a coat and stuff and bought food? …A homeless emaciated drug addict stole a coat and stuff and bought food? You are surprised?hang on let me get my high horse out of the stable, so i can also call this guy the worst humanity has to offer having never been in this situation ever. Isn't judging people from armchairs awesome, what great good have you done today? Oh me, nothing.

Sorry, you were disqualified from using homeless in the op. Try again
Saturn1 h, 39 m ago

[Image] The fact that he was homeless is completely irrelevant. Not a word …[Image] The fact that he was homeless is completely irrelevant. Not a word I like to use, but this person is absolute scum.

Why is it irrelevant. Do you think he would have behaved the same had he been well fed and with a home to go to?

Awful, yes. Disgusting, yes. Inexcusable, probably. But it does give some context to his actions? Yep.
Original Poster
MSK.7 m ago

Why is it irrelevant. Do you think he would have behaved the same had he …Why is it irrelevant. Do you think he would have behaved the same had he been well fed and with a home to go to?Awful, yes. Disgusting, yes. Inexcusable, probably. But it does give some context to his actions? Yep.

Well I, for one, certainly don't believe that anyone in the UK lives in such abject conditions that can justify such a despicable act.
Saturn3 m ago

Well I, for one, certainly don't believe that anyone in the UK lives in …Well I, for one, certainly don't believe that anyone in the UK lives in such abject conditions that can justify such a despicable act.

I didn't say it did justify it, just that it gave context and perhaps motive. It's hardly irrelevant though.
Edited by: "MSK." 30th Jan
Original Poster
MSK.2 m ago

Then you really have led an incredibly sheltered life.

That must be true. I have never come across anyone who would consider stealing from, rather than helping, dead and dying teenagers.
Saturn57 s ago

That must be true. I have never come across anyone who would consider …That must be true. I have never come across anyone who would consider stealing from, rather than helping, dead and dying teenagers.

I'm sure there are pleanty, unsettling as that is.
Saturn8 m ago

Well I, for one, certainly don't believe that anyone in the UK lives in …Well I, for one, certainly don't believe that anyone in the UK lives in such abject conditions that can justify such a despicable act.

Someone handed in my mislaid wallet at the gym yesterday...so I guess lots of people are quite nice too...second time that my wallet with my cards and cash was handed in.
Saturn13 m ago

Who did make that post, and have that thought? Certainly not me. I …Who did make that post, and have that thought? Certainly not me. I don't. But then I didn't understand you victim-blaming on the Weinstein thread either.

Dave and cr0m, or were they just casually pointing out he would have a tough time in prison.
Edited by: "catbeans" 30th Jan
I think lots of people had empathy but that stopped when he stooped to such a low level and then had the audacity to take credit for it on international media outlets etc.

Whatever situation he was in the victims were in a worse one.
Original Poster
catbeans7 m ago

Dave and cr0m, or were they just casually pointing out he would have a …Dave and cr0m, or were they just casually pointing out he would have a tough time in prison.

Might I suggest you take it up with them if any clarification is required.
.MUFC.7 m ago

I think lots of people had empathy but that stopped when he stooped to …I think lots of people had empathy but that stopped when he stooped to such a low level and then had the audacity to take credit for it on international media outlets etc. Whatever situation he was in the victims were in a worse one.

I wonder if there was an experiment repeating the exact circumstances but put a large number of people in the homeless man's place, what percentage of people would go with the lie when 50+k is offered.

Saturn3 m ago

Might I suggest you take it up with them if any clarification is required. …Might I suggest you take it up with them if any clarification is required.

Just answering your question.
catbeans7 m ago

I wonder if there was an experiment repeating the exact circumstances but …I wonder if there was an experiment repeating the exact circumstances but put a large number of people in the homeless man's place, what percentage of people would go with the lie when 50+k is offered. Just answering your question.

£50k wasn't offered at the time, That was set up after his apparent heroism, He accepted the applauds.

I can understand and do have a little empathy, But it doesn't excuse his behaviour, I know if I was ever in that situation, I wouldn't rob from some dying victim/s and then the audacity to accept the applauds.
Trouble is, posts like this tend to reinforce negative feelings towards homeless people.
tryn2help4 m ago

Trouble is, posts like this tend to reinforce negative feelings towards …Trouble is, posts like this tend to reinforce negative feelings towards homeless people.

I think the guys actions have already done that.

Good and bad everywhere but this guy is just despicable
Uilleam171 m ago

where has my last post gone?

It's gone because I reported it. I don't want pictures of dead toddlers rammed down my throat without any warning.
Uilleam177 m ago

Happy with fascists though.

Excuse me?

I didn't make a fuss about it. I was just letting you know why it was removed. If you don't agree with their decision to remove it then you should contact them, they may reinstate it.

No need to be churlish about it.
.MUFC.38 m ago

£50k wasn't offered at the time, That was set up after his apparent …£50k wasn't offered at the time, That was set up after his apparent heroism, He accepted the applauds.I can understand and do have a little empathy, But it doesn't excuse his behaviour, I know if I was ever in that situation, I wouldn't rob from some dying victim/s and then the audacity to accept the applauds.

Then tell his mother,
33168991-m2KVg.jpgAnd his son who he had abandoned a few years before,
33168991-UyquA.jpg
Uilleam177 m ago

You must be very delicate,I won't be churlish and have it reinstated in …You must be very delicate,I won't be churlish and have it reinstated in case it upsets the snowflakes but that picture was on the front pages of national newspapers and the thread is about humanity

Well done you. That's very thoughtful of you.

I can't say I am particularly delicate tbh, but I did find that particular picture shocking. I'm sure your intentions were good and I agree, it wasn't entirely inappropriate, given the thread subject. But I would have thought that a link with a warning would have been better given the horrific nature of the picture.
Despicable scum, but seeing how Prisoners are treated better than pensioners nowadays in “modern day Britain” (three square meals a day, gym, TV, PS4, a bed, books, a shower (although he’d have to make sure he doesn’t drop the soap, unless he’s homo) etc) I’m not surprised he has such a mentality.
deeky37 m ago

Excuse me?I didn't make a fuss about it. I was just letting you know why …Excuse me?I didn't make a fuss about it. I was just letting you know why it was removed. If you don't agree with their decision to remove it then you should contact them, they may reinstate it. No need to be churlish about it.

Can I take up with you directly, why are you always grassing up other people's comments? Not really in the spirit of the whole "we're not allowed to say this any more" thing you bang on about is it?
Treboeth1 h, 4 m ago

I think the guys actions have already done that.Good and bad everywhere …I think the guys actions have already done that.Good and bad everywhere but this guy is just despicable

Agreed on both points, but in a lot of minds it shall be just one more reason to hate on the homeless.

I know peeps who do voluntary work with the homeless, and this winter has been worse than usual as regards deaths on frozen streets.

Just a couple of weeks ago a homeless ex-soldier was found frozen to death on a very busy city-centre footpath; most deaths go unreported in the media, but maybe because this chap was ex-forces they thought there might be a bit of news in it.
Entirely unrelated was the story of a real hero - one of the first of the SAS lads in the building during the Iranian Embassy siege - also now homeless = it can happen to anybody.

Newspapers today carrying a story of a homeless man who had a bucket of water thrown over him whilst he slept - in those frozen conditions he could easily have died.

A BBC article recently highlighted the ordinary-ness of the people who found themselves on the streets = people from all walks of life - including university degree holder, former successful business people, teachers, IT operatives. etc.
It can happen to anybody.

And, when it does, they also have to deal with the fact that a great many people hate their guts and would happily kick them when they're down.
Cr0m10 m ago

Can I take up with you directly, why are you always grassing up other …Can I take up with you directly, why are you always grassing up other people's comments? Not really in the spirit of the whole "we're not allowed to say this any more" thing you bang on about is it?

Seeing as were being direct then - first off, I don't 'always' grass up people's comments. Secondly, If I find a comment offensive I will report it, that's what the report button is for. If I do 'grass' anyone up, I don't hide away like a coward. I will be straight up about it and own it. Thirdly, off the top of my head, I don't recall responding directly to any of your comments? Forgive me if I have and I've forgot about it. That's because I don't particularly like 'you', nor do I particularly like your views so I'd prefer it if you would just stick to those who are willing to argue with you, as it does seem to be a favourite pastime of yours. Of course, you are entitled to respond to any comments of mine that you wish to respond to, just don't expect me to engage with you any further.

Cheers.
deeky16 m ago

Seeing as were being direct then - first off, I don't 'always' grass up …Seeing as were being direct then - first off, I don't 'always' grass up people's comments. Secondly, If I find a comment offensive I will report it, that's what the report button is for. If I do 'grass' anyone up, I don't hide away like a coward. I will be straight up about it and own it. Thirdly, off the top of my head, I don't recall responding directly to any of your comments? Forgive me if I have and I've forgot about it. That's because I don't particularly like 'you', nor do I particularly like your views so I'd prefer it if you would just stick to those who are willing to argue with you, as it does seem to be a favourite pastime of yours. Of course, you are entitled to respond to any comments of mine that you wish to respond to, just don't expect me to engage with you any further. Cheers.

Frequently then. I had an argument with T2H that time, where I think we'd both admit we overreacted.
You decided to intervene and it was only after I asked why half my comments had disappeared that you "didn't hide away like a coward" and were "straight up about it". It was pretty weird.
You report things you disagree with, using your position as misc grandad or whatever to stifle debate.
Im glad you don't like me, I think you're insincere.

Cant say anything these days.
Edited by: "Cr0m" 30th Jan
Cr0m12 m ago

Frequently then. I had an argument with T2H that time, where I think we'd …Frequently then. I had an argument with T2H that time, where I think we'd both admit we overreacted. You decided to intervene and it was only after I asked why half my comments had disappeared that you "didn't hide away like a coward" and were "straight up about it". It was pretty weird.You report things you disagree with, using your position as misc grandad or whatever to stifle debate.Im glad you don't like me, I think you're insincere.Cant say anything these days.

So that's twice, then? Yes, you are correct. If I recall correctly, there were some disgusting suggestions aimed towards T2H (whom I would suggest is one of the most decent and upstanding members on HUKD) along the lines of 'liking' young children or young boys, where you continually manipulated his words into something you knew full well that he didn't mean. You were like a dog with a bone and just would not let up about it. The mods obviously agreed. They don't remove comments unless they are offensive. They won't remove comments just because you or I don't agree with them.

Anyway, as you were...
davewave2 h, 52 m ago

Someone handed in my mislaid wallet at the gym yesterday...so I guess lots …Someone handed in my mislaid wallet at the gym yesterday...so I guess lots of people are quite nice too...second time that my wallet with my cards and cash was handed in.

You were very lucky to get it back
Cr0m18 m ago

Frequently then. I had an argument with T2H that time, where I think we'd …Frequently then. I had an argument with T2H that time, where I think we'd both admit we overreacted. You decided to intervene and it was only after I asked why half my comments had disappeared that you "didn't hide away like a coward" and were "straight up about it". It was pretty weird.You report things you disagree with, using your position as misc grandad or whatever to stifle debate.Im glad you don't like me, I think you're insincere.Cant say anything these days.

Do you feel glad when people in general don't like you or just deeky? If it's the former, may I be the first to congratulate you on an abundance of gladness.
summerof763 m ago

You were very lucky it wasn't me who found it

Fixed
deeky10 m ago

So that's twice, then? Yes, you are correct. If I recall correctly, there …So that's twice, then? Yes, you are correct. If I recall correctly, there were some disgusting suggestions aimed towards T2H (whom I would suggest is one of the most decent and upstanding members on HUKD) along the lines of 'liking' young children or young boys, where you continually manipulated his words into something you knew full well that he didn't mean. You were like a dog with a bone and just would not let up about it. The mods obviously agreed. They don't remove comments unless they are offensive. They won't remove comments just because you or I don't agree with them. Anyway, as you were...

It's more than twice, you admitted as much yourself? And you don't recall correctly, I thought T2H was trying to make that suggestion himself, hence the argument.
They don't remove comments unless they're offensive...
I don't want to argue with you either. I cannot stand insincere people.
shadey126 m ago

Do you feel glad when people in general don't like you or just deeky? If …Do you feel glad when people in general don't like you or just deeky? If it's the former, may I be the first to congratulate you on an abundance of gladness.

Just him, not really sure who you are tbh.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions