Groups
    EXPIRED

The liquid automatic car washes use that helps water bead?

Had a great car wash which was £10 in an automatic IMO/ARC wash, it sprayed a coating on just before drying and it gave the car such a good finish, does anyone have any ideas what this stuff is so I can get some?

14 Comments

Wax.
    Use rainex on Windows to get the water to bead of when it rains

i use devil shine occasionally, just pour on and then drive to blow it dry. Lasts about a week before it stops working, so nowhere near as good as a proper wax, but easy to apply.

Auto Glym Aqua Wax Kit is superb

Original Poster

jtalep

Auto Glym Aqua Wax Kit is superb

I've seen this while searching online. Looks good, so will get some when I'm next out. Thanks.

Original Poster

misspink1981

Wax. Use rainex on Windows to get the water to bead of when it rains

Would never use rain x again!

Autoglym aqua wax is brilliant. Try it.

aircanman

Would never use rain x again!

Any reason?

Hello I do not know exactly what was in the car wash.

However, what you have mentioned can be accomplished with a product called Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer.

detailingworld.co.uk/for…795

I really like Rain-X. It comes in to its' own when you drive on motorways in the rain.

Original Poster

BeerDrinker

Any reason?

It destroys windscreen rubbers, and makes the judder for the rest of their lives, even when you change them the stuff is still there!

Original Poster

groenleader

Hello I do not know exactly what was in the car wash.However, what you … Hello I do not know exactly what was in the car wash.However, what you have mentioned can be accomplished with a product called Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer.http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295795

Years ago I used to get a spray bottle of stuff, which you connected to the hose, it then sprayed a mixture over the car to aid beading, I know demon shine do something similar now, but I don't think its as good as the stuff in this car wash!

aircanman

It destroys windscreen rubbers, and makes the judder for the rest of … It destroys windscreen rubbers, and makes the judder for the rest of their lives, even when you change them the stuff is still there!

Surprised you found that. I've used it for years with no problems and would recommend it to anyone.

Any silicone polish

I use turtle wax ice shine shampoo
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions