The LOUDEST gig you ever attended

Posted 2nd Sep 2018
Mine was probably Pantera in Wolverhampon Civic Hall back in 1994

I didn't have a ticket, but I tagged along with friends and somehow attended the gig ;-)

My ears were ringing for a few hours after that concert!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
808 State, MC Tunes, Björk, & N-Joi at the G-MEX Centre, 16 March 1991:

35042187-2GI1D.jpg35042187-wwOpD.jpg
I was stood next to a stack of speakers all night & my hearing returned the following Thursday.
Faith No More, Glasgow Barrowlands, circa 1990.

Epic and ear bleed inducing.

Thems were the days
Edited by: "majestic2012" 2nd Sep 2018
23 Comments
I ware ear plugs. Will be again seeing tribute bands later this month. To answer though.. Queensrÿche Newport leasure Centre 1998 ish which was stupidly load. Security said they moved to entrance when adamski played the week before because they were so load.
What ?
Celtic Park it’s rocking!!!
Faith No More, Glasgow Barrowlands, circa 1990.

Epic and ear bleed inducing.

Thems were the days
Edited by: "majestic2012" 2nd Sep 2018
lich.bandcamp.com this band when they played Brighton a few years ago. I saw them live a few times and they were always so loud
Metallica, my ears were ringing for about 4 days.
Edited by: "Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell" 2nd Sep 2018
808 State, MC Tunes, Björk, & N-Joi at the G-MEX Centre, 16 March 1991:

35042187-2GI1D.jpg35042187-wwOpD.jpg
I was stood next to a stack of speakers all night & my hearing returned the following Thursday.
deleted1781202/09/2018 14:56

808 State, MC Tunes, Björk, & N-Joi at the G-MEX Centre, 16 March …808 State, MC Tunes, Björk, & N-Joi at the G-MEX Centre, 16 March 1991:[Image] [Image] I was stood next to a stack of speakers all night & my hearing returned the following Thursday.

Ooft, 808 State in their prime, that’s what I’m talking about
Awsome!!! I saw Pantera at the civic also 🤘 rip abbot bros .

Loudest for me was a rave! Dillinja brought his Valve sound system along with him! Absolute monster
Alice cooper / motorhead / Joan jett and the blackhearts Sheffield arena 2007
The loudest noise with no band was the premiere darts at the secc before they moved it to the rubbish sse hydro
Gary Moore around 89'
deleted1028935
dufflecoat_moon_turkey02/09/2018 23:20

Comment deleted

Not one aspect of that sentence makes any sense to me. I am clearly too young or just out of touch with this genre. Is it a genre? :/
Pendulum at the Wulfrun Hall (holds around 600 I believe), Wolverhampton.... it was a pre Glasto warm-up gig and excruciating loud.
Wolves Civic's PA must go up to 11

My loudest was Sepultura at the civic in 1996.
Iron Maiden/Judas Priest,Capitol Aberdeen can't remember the year.
deleted102893502/09/2018 23:25

Not one aspect of that sentence makes any sense to me. I am clearly too …Not one aspect of that sentence makes any sense to me. I am clearly too young or just out of touch with this genre. Is it a genre? :/

It makes perfect sense to me
All are Blues Guitar greats -have a listen
Songs of praise at local church, it was BANGING!
Avenged Sevenfold at the O2 in 2017. Best live performance I've ever witnessed.
Not gigs but is it me or are nightclubs playing music louder these days? After work I feel like I have gone deaf for a few hours when I have been working inside, I'd rather be outside on the door than inside watching the floor. Its not just one club either, I can be at a different club each shift and its all the same, I'm no audiophile but its not like its loud and clear quality, its thumping bass and tinny/rattly on the rest of the range. I like loud music in the car but thats set up so it sounds good, the clubs just sound awful. Still so long as I get twerked/ground on at least once a night by some lass half my age and get paid I aint going to complain too much, it has its perks.
Pam Ayres reciting her poetry is the loudest place you have ever been!!! I had to take car muffs and cotton balls!!!
Mine is probably Slayer in the 02 Academy or Alice In Chains at the Barrowlands

I hope this is ok to share in this thread.
Anyone interested in a great online Rock and Metal radio station called Primordial Radio. It was created after the death of Team Rock radio through a crowdfunder.
If you want to try it out you can follow the link below for 3 months free
primordialradio.com/eg1-sub/?eg1=PR_lBEqLpud
Splodger1012nd Sep 2018

Pendulum at the Wulfrun Hall (holds around 600 I believe), …Pendulum at the Wulfrun Hall (holds around 600 I believe), Wolverhampton.... it was a pre Glasto warm-up gig and excruciating loud.

My second ever gig was at the Wulfrun - Napalm death with entombed as the support act.

I got over excited within the first few minutes, and spent the next half an hour with the st johns ambulance crew!!

(I was new to head banging and accidently nosebutted some poor bloke in front of me, and had a massive nosebleed which pretty much put me back in the bar!)

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants