The main reason why I avoid using Hermes.

Top comments
Someone’s not very good at the generation game
21 Comments
That's real bad man. If the CEO really cares of his business he/she will do something about it & drastically. Some heads will & have to roll.

I have to question, is the salary who works in logistics that low have come to this? Too many gig work around to the point you're scraping at the bottle of the barrel? No job security with work via zero hour contracts & I've never heard of any courier ever happy with their work.
Someone’s not very good at the generation game
The classic excuse rolled out time and time again

“Our compliance team has launched a full investigation and we will take immediate and effective action.”
veedubjai14/01/2020 10:06

That's real bad man. If the CEO really cares of his business he/she will …That's real bad man. If the CEO really cares of his business he/she will do something about it & drastically. Some heads will & have to roll.I have to question, is the salary who works in logistics that low have come to this? Too many gig work around to the point you're scraping at the bottle of the barrel? No job security with work via zero hour contracts & I've never heard of any courier ever happy with their work.

We're lucky to have any couriers the way the companies abuse their staff.
It's bad however most item are packaged well enough by companies that they wouldn't be damaged by it. personal/Ebay items though that's a different matter.
They need to look at their parcel shops too. I have sent two iPhones using Hermes tracked on two different occasions from the same shop. They were scanned at the shop and that was the last scan and are now missing. So it’s either the shop or the collector on the rob.

Both times I have been refunded via claims but it’s taken weeks leaving me out of pocket.
Why does one of the parcels clearly have Yodel label on it?
Just reminded me of this:

I like the chappy that comes "down the mountain" as it were. I wonder if the consignments come into the sorting warehouse via JCB digger bucket?

Ah. That'll be why my cheap Chinese tat always looks a bit 'battered' then...
I’ve never had a problem
More often than not it all boils down to the individual that delivers your parcel. At my old address the delivery lady for Hermes was brilliant. At my new address though he's awful.
Having said that there's no excuse for that photo.
Those look like Amazon returns lol
That depot is about a mile from here. I might go round and tidy up a bit.
wolfee14/01/2020 16:26

More often than not it all boils down to the individual that delivers your …More often than not it all boils down to the individual that delivers your parcel. At my old address the delivery lady for Hermes was brilliant. At my new address though he's awful.Having said that there's no excuse for that photo.

I think the point of the OP's thread would be that irrespective of how 'careful' your delivery driver is/was - it still makes no difference if it's been used as a punchbag/football at the sorting depot! Several people probably handle your item(s) on it's route through the system. It only takes one person who doesn't give a monkey's doodah to drop/throw/kick it.

The problem here, is people. Take them out of the equation and everything would be great!
harlzter14/01/2020 13:52

Why does one of the parcels clearly have Yodel label on it?

Because Amazon send out by whichever carrier, but returns can be made via Hermes. We have just done that with a Yodel.
Most parcels that come to me are delivered by some old lady in a Nissan Micra with the parcels pulled to the roof
davidrowlands8914/01/2020 12:53

They need to look at their parcel shops too. I have sent two iPhones using …They need to look at their parcel shops too. I have sent two iPhones using Hermes tracked on two different occasions from the same shop. They were scanned at the shop and that was the last scan and are now missing. So it’s either the shop or the collector on the rob.Both times I have been refunded via claims but it’s taken weeks leaving me out of pocket.

Why oh why would you send a iPhone with hermes
what type of person sends a tv through Hermes. that's what you call a not very smart person.
MWC201214/01/2020 20:40

Why oh why would you send a iPhone with hermes

Because they are a courier service? If they offer a courier service then I should receive one.
Each to there own. Low value items for me definitely wouldn’t send iPhones with them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants