The man who picks up pins.

7 replies
Found 8th Apr 2009
I read this book a long time ago about a man who was looking for a job so he went for an interview and as he was about to sit down, he saw a tiny pin on the floor to impress the employer as he pays attention to small things , but I guess the employer took the gesture the wrong way and he went on to analyse that if the guy was to ask his daughter's hand in marriage he wouldnt accept.

I am not sure about the title and I ve been looking for the book all over the internet but cant seem to find it.

Its a colection of short stories, it also includes one about a man who hates machines.

Anyone knows the tile

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

I must be hopeless too, as I can't understand the first paragraph :thinking:

Original Poster

splatsplatsplat;4863788

I must be hopeless too, as I can't understand the first paragraph … I must be hopeless too, as I can't understand the first paragraph :thinking:

Corrected , thanks

Original Poster

anyone?

so the guy picks up a pin and the employer says...u cant marry my daughter?!

Original Poster

magicbeans;4867601

so the guy picks up a pin and the employer says...u cant marry my … so the guy picks up a pin and the employer says...u cant marry my daughter?!

No exactly like that, the employer went into a tirade about what kind of a man will pick up an insignificant item as a pin, because if he employed the guy he would wanted him to marry his daughter so that they (daughter and man who picks up pins) can inherit his wealth. So concluded that the guy was not good enough based on his analysis.

i have no idea.... sounds like it should make sense but i don't get it! sorry xx

saayinla;4867652

No exactly like that, the employer went into a tirade about what kind of … No exactly like that, the employer went into a tirade about what kind of a man will pick up an insignificant item as a pin, because if he employed the guy he would wanted him to marry his daughter so that they (daughter and man who picks up pins) can inherit his wealth. So concluded that the guy was not good enough based on his analysis.

good luck tracking the book down. personally i dont like short stories..... u feel hard done by!! haha
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien618
    2. Wireless headphones11
    3. Driving anxiety.2429
    4. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G916

See more discussions