The Mobile Outlet / Mobile Matters Ltd - Liquidation - DO NOT BUY

Found 3rd Mar 2008
I know this is not a deal but take note.

The Mobile Outlet has entered liquidation, so DO NOT enter any contracts with them

AffiliateFuture have removed their affiliate scheme, so the direct link to them doesn't work from here.

themobileoutlet.co.uk/

Notice:
Mobile Matters (UK) Ltd T/A The Mobile Outlet - In Administration

Gerald M Krasner of Begbies Traynor, Burley House, 12 Clarendon Road, Leeds LS2 9NF and Julian N R Pitts of Begbies Traynor, Glendevon House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road Leeds LS14 1PQ, were appointed Joint Administrators by the director on 15 February 2008. G M Krasner and J N R Pitts are licensed to act as Insolvency Practitioners by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.

Purpose and effect of Administration

In this case, the Company has ceased trading and our primary objective is to maximise asset realisations. You should be aware that whilst in administration the Company has the protection of a wide-ranging moratorium under paragraphs 40-43 of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act 1986. The effect is to prevent any proceedings, execution, distraint, legal action or 'self-help' remedies being commenced or continued against the Company except with the consent of the administrators or the permission of the Court.

As administrators, we are not in a position to pay amounts due by the Company in respect of contractual obligations entered into prior to our appointment. Please send a detailed statement of any amount due to you at the date of our appointment and advise us immediately if you claim any security over, or title to, any property or goods in the possession of the Company.

Please also send details of any contract outstanding between you and the Company.

Administrators' Proposals

We are required to send you a statement of our proposals for dealing with the Company within 8 weeks of the date of our appointment. This will set out, in as much detail as necessary, our views as to how the purpose of the administration can best be achieved. We are also required to hold a meeting of creditors within 10 weeks of our appointment so that creditors have an opportunity to consider and vote on our proposals. These time limits are subject to extension by the court or for up to 28 days with the consent of creditors. We need not, however, summon a creditors meeting under certain circumstances, but if this is the case our proposals will provide a full explanation.
Orders for Goods and Services
Please do not fulfil any orders placed by the Company prior to our appointment unless you receive our written confirmation that the goods are still required.

Please note that the joint administrators are not personally adopting any contracts which may have been entered into by the Company, nor do we accept personal liability in respect of them.

All goods and services provided to you by the Company after our appointment must be paid for in full and no lien or set-off may be exercised against debts outstanding at the date of our appointment.
Other Matters

If you are holding any property or monies belonging to the Company would you please inform me immediately and note that you are not authorised to deal with them without my prior written confirmation. If you claim to retain title to goods delivered to the Company or a lien over assets belonging to the Company in your possession, then please contact me as soon as possible with full details and copies of any supporting documentation.

If there are any matters which you consider I should be aware of regarding the Company's affairs, I shall be pleased to hear from you. This request for information is standard practice and does not imply any criticism or course of action against any person concerned in the management of the Company's affairs.

Please send details of your claim to Begbies Traynor, Burley House, 12 Clarendon Road, Leeds LS2 9NF

If you have outstanding cashback claims, you are need to to submit them within 8 weeks, so that the administrators are aware.

But I wouldn't hold out much hope.

20 Comments

reviewcentre.com/rev…tml

Average Ratings Quality of service 0.9/10
Layout of shop 1.3/10
Value for Money 1.4/10
Reviewer Rating 1/10
Overall Rating 1/10

Bad Points: Can't contact them by email or telephone

These ba***rds owe me 2 cash back claims.

Mobile Matters (UK) Ltd T/A The Mobile Outlet - In Administration
Gerald M Krasner of Begbies Traynor, Burley House, 12 Clarendon Road, Leeds LS2 9NF and Julian N R Pitts of Begbies Traynor, Glendevon House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road Leeds LS14 1PQ, were appointed Joint Administrators by the director on 15 February 2008. G M Krasner and J N R Pitts are licensed to act as Insolvency Practitioners by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.

Purpose and effect of Administration
In this case, the Company has ceased trading and our primary objective is to maximise asset realisations. You should be aware that whilst in administration the Company has the protection of a wide-ranging moratorium under paragraphs 40-43 of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act 1986. The effect is to prevent any proceedings, execution, distraint, legal action or 'self-help'€™ remedies being commenced or continued against the Company except with the consent of the administrators or the permission of the Court.

As administrators, we are not in a position to pay amounts due by the Company in respect of contractual obligations entered into prior to our appointment. Please send a detailed statement of any amount due to you at the date of our appointment and advise us immediately if you claim any security over, or title to, any property or goods in the possession of the Company.

Please also send details of any contract outstanding between you and the Company.

Administrators'€™ Proposals
We are required to send you a statement of our proposals for dealing with the Company within 8 weeks of the date of our appointment. This will set out, in as much detail as necessary, our views as to how the purpose of the administration can best be achieved. We are also required to hold a meeting of creditors within 10 weeks of our appointment so that creditors have an opportunity to consider and vote on our proposals. These time limits are subject to extension by the court or for up to 28 days with the consent of creditors. We need not, however, summon a creditors’ meeting under certain circumstances, but if this is the case our proposals will provide a full explanation.

Orders for Goods and Services
Please do not fulfil any orders placed by the Company prior to our appointment unless you receive our written confirmation that the goods are still required.

Please note that the joint administrators are not personally adopting any contracts which may have been entered into by the Company, nor do we accept personal liability in respect of them.

All goods and services provided to you by the Company after our appointment must be paid for in full and no lien or set-off may be exercised against debts outstanding at the date of our appointment.

Other Matters
If you are holding any property or monies belonging to the Company would you please inform me immediately and note that you are not authorised to deal with them without my prior written confirmation. If you claim to retain title to goods delivered to the Company or a lien over assets belonging to the Company in your possession, then please contact me as soon as possible with full details and copies of any supporting documentation.

If there are any matters which you consider I should be aware of regarding the Company'€™s affairs, I shall be pleased to hear from you. This request for information is standard practice and does not imply any criticism or course of action against any person concerned in the management of the Company's affairs.

Please send details of your claim to Begbies Traynor, Burley House, 12 Clarendon Road, Leeds LS2 9NF

Ok, so whats the procedure for 'trying' to recover the £480 they owe me from my 12 months 'free' line rental contract from the administrators?

ficosaneil;1661217

Ok, so whats the procedure for 'trying' to recover the £480 they owe me … Ok, so whats the procedure for 'trying' to recover the £480 they owe me from my 12 months 'free' line rental contract from the administrators?

&

Pray :whistling:

Shima

ficosaneil;1661217

Ok, so whats the procedure for 'trying' to recover the £480 they owe me … Ok, so whats the procedure for 'trying' to recover the £480 they owe me from my 12 months 'free' line rental contract from the administrators?

Lots of @@$$ kissing + praying - :whistling: Hope you get it back "Good luck".

shimagoza;1661230

Please send details of your claim to Begbies Traynor, Burley House, 12 … Please send details of your claim to Begbies Traynor, Burley House, 12 Clarendon Road, Leeds LS2 9NF&Pray :whistling:Shima

I know, not expecting anything but nothing to lose.

Strangly, I took out the contract in July and the Quidco didn't track, I raised a quidco ticket and didn't hear anything until last week where they confirmed and paid it.

So I shouldn't be hoping that my enquiry for £30 from Quidco should be sorted then?

Well, I did raise it back on the 11th of Feb 2006! So I won't be holding my breath anymore!

Owed a few quid by these myself, can't see me getting anything but may send them a letter and hope.

Does this statement mean only monies owed from now may be claimed?

As administrators, we are not in a position to pay amounts due by the Company in respect of contractual obligations entered into prior to our appointment.

And how can they still be trading?

Moving to Misc

Thank god, i never budged from CPW, people hav had bad experiences with CPW, but probably their own fault.

Yep, wich i'd have stayed with e2save, always had the pymts from them even if once or twice they tried it on!

Only going for cashback deals from major chains or their web based shops is sage advice it seems.

Mobile Outlet don't owe me anything - so this is a fairly open post and not prompted as i have been screwed.

Yet again another mobile cashback company fails which was receiving fees from the large networks to encourage people to enter into contracts that now with hindsight really were too good to be true (despite similar offers that will still be honoured by other companies).

However, I have no doubt the directors will walk away having done very well for themselves from their collapsed company, and as will the mobile networks who will have people on contracts that they would never have bought without the cash back offer - and many are likely to be students, or people whose income is so low they require to receive benefits to make ends meet.

So the directors are fine - and the mobile companies have customers that would never have been customers unless they had been conned - the introduction of the failed middleman brought them the cash they would not be legally entitled to otherwise. The government continues to receive the same VAT from the contracts either way, but obviously will lose out when the folded company cannot pay tax, however with the directors now being far richer than before - they will pay far more tax from their next mobile company - until it goes broke - ad infinitum....

It's "RIp off Britain" at work - and while it should obviously be legislated that someone incapable of selling mobile phones for a profit should be permitted to run other companies, and obviously made a legal requirement that mobile networks should be responsible, when those they are happy to have acting selling their phones for them go under (just like they are currently happy to continue taking fees from the customers those companies brought them).

The fear in telling these people to F off is the UK runs on credit - and by being reliant upon this for our houses, cars, and other major purposes (even down to the reliance on banking services dependent on this 'creditworthyness' to let you have a bank account to permit your ordering even shopping/messages online) - is that you can no longer tell a company you are not paying them as their service is lousy - or in the case here that you have basically been conned/ripped off.

The banks are really holding us to ransom. Currently millions of people are trying to recover money for illegal letters at thirty odd quid a time telling us we may only have been overdrawn by a few pennies. The sad thing is despite the government now acting upon this - the current court case will take so long that the interest the banks will have charged most people on these fees are likely to exceed the original fee if the case is won.

Barclays is one of the banks currently claimed to have ripped customers off the most, with a recent TV documentary showing they were basically just ignoring requests from customers if it meant it would generate a fee or charge. But while Barclays was refunding anyone who instigated court action against them (although often after maximising the inconvenience) their chairman who obviously knew what was going on - was appointed as a director of the BBC. This really does rather reiterate the aforementioned claim that its all about how well you can rip people off rather than provide a service - and we all know how fair the TV license is - but we are really stuck with it too - even if the BBC continues churning out rubbish - we cannot walk away from the payment.

I really think its time something is done about the "rip off Britain" culture.

It looks like this will screw many people on quidco too as it looks like they ran cashback for about 8 months.

The Mobile OutletThe Mobile Outlet has prided itself on supplying the UK … The Mobile OutletThe Mobile Outlet has prided itself on supplying the UK public with the best mobile phone deals available. We are an independent company, associated with all the major networks, hence we can offer value mobile phone packages custom made to suit each and every individual.For genuine tracked transactions completed wholly online, you can earn:£30 for each sale

For any people who were on Cashback deals with Mobile Outlet or any others which have since gone bust or are in liquidation, you CAN do something about it. Yes, you may still be in a contract with the network operator. But...the people that you bought the phone and network contract from are basically working on behalf of the Network Operator. The ONLY reason the retailer can offer you Cashback is because the network operators give it to the retailers in the form of commission and for attracting new customers whom they hope will stay with their network for years into the future.
The network operators do have a part to play in this fiasco also. They should be very careful which businesses they give their business to in the first place.
Anyway, I'll come to the point.....contact your network operator and talk to them about your predicament and tell them that you still expect them to pay the cashback. Tell them you only entered into the contract with their salesmen/woman because of the cashback which the network operator have given the retailer. You could even tell them that you are about to enter into another cashback deal with a more reputable retailer on their network. They may also, just to keep you sweet and to keep your ongoing custom, reduce your line rental for the duration of the contract as a gesture of goodwill - I've seen that happen to people. In all likelihood, it is quite possible that the network operator might be able to claw back some of this commission from the now defunct retailer before you, as a poor consumer, will ever do!
Years back, I just threatened Vodafone with legal action and they let me leave the contract there and then. I'm not sure what the situation is now but if this ever happened to me, I would not pay another penny on my contract come what may.
It's time someone, maybe Ofcom, takes the network operators to task about about this Cashback fiasco. Any idjut can set up such a business selling stuff and promising anything they want and then running off with the money.

Directors can be held liable under s214 of the Insolvency Act 1986 for Insolvent Trading. We need pressure from all creditors on Begbies Traynor to pursue the Director. With evidence that TMO haven't been able to pay their debts as and when they fall due, but unreasonably continued trading, the Directors are personally liable.

They haven't been paying their debts for years!!! If you were not paid when promised, write an affidavit and send it to Begbies Traynor. Do this even if you were eventully paid. He/they have ripped off far too many people to get away unscathed.

Are these the outfit that were based in Shipley, West Yorkshire?

Trosticles;1666932

Directors can be held liable under s214 of the Insolvency Act 1986 for … Directors can be held liable under s214 of the Insolvency Act 1986 for Insolvent Trading. We need pressure from all creditors on Begbies Traynor to pursue the Director. With evidence that TMO haven't been able to pay their debts as and when they fall due, but unreasonably continued trading, the Directors are personally liable.They haven't been paying their debts for years!!! If you were not paid when promised, write an affidavit and send it to Begbies Traynor. Do this even if you were eventully paid. He/they have ripped off far too many people to get away unscathed.

Begbies Traynor will do the minimum work required to get their fee, there is no incentive to do more.

S214 despite being statute is seen to discourage people from taking the risk in establishing businesses by 'lifting the corporate veil' and is virtually never used without political involvement.

I really wish you good luck in trying - but with things like this its easier to blame you for not using the law correctly "when it was there to protect you" - rather than saying the system is policed by a toothless lion.

only 1 director listed

Attif Ashraf
121 Old Durham Road
Gateshead
Tyne & Wear
NE8 3TR
Post a comment
@
    Text