THE monitor to have - £1,198.99 @ Scan

Found 9th Nov 2017
OK, not really a deal – just want some ideas on convincing my work to get us a few of these. It stupidly says "gaming monitor", which makes it darn hard to sell to accountants...

12 Comments

Or this one which doesn't say gaming...
scan.co.uk/pro…ort
Edited by: "ostinato" 9th Nov 2017

What job do you do?

MSK.23 m ago

What job do you do?

Probably Excel pusher.

'It stupidly says "gaming monitor", which makes it darn hard to sell to accountants'
32403605-PTrkG.jpg
Edited by: "Wongy110" 9th Nov 2017

Original Poster

My dept does design, video & imaging...

Waste of money. The average person doesn't care about/notice the pixel density/screen quality as long as the screen is legible.

KM43538 h, 26 m ago

Waste of money. The average person doesn't care about/notice the pixel …Waste of money. The average person doesn't care about/notice the pixel density/screen quality as long as the screen is legible.

Indeed, but what makes you think the OP is the average user?

jaymsn9 h, 6 m ago

My dept does design, video & imaging...

In that case you need to justify it to your boss by writing a business case. I did the same when I introduced Apple to one of the big four. After all you cant expect to build great digital content on a standard £400 corporate laptop.

There was some great research to show that people are more efficient with Apple products, and plenty of research on how more screen real estate means more efficient working practices.

DKLS14 m ago

In that case you need to justify it to your boss by writing a business …In that case you need to justify it to your boss by writing a business case. I did the same when I introduced Apple to one of the big four. After all you cant expect to build great digital content on a standard £400 corporate laptop.There was some great research to show that people are more efficient with Apple products, and plenty of research on how more screen real estate means more efficient working practices.

I agree. You need to present a business case. I had a full day's training on this, which I missed.

Accountants don't care what a monitor is called, you have to convince the IT department to tell the accountant that you need this monitor.

Ah but then there's budgeting.

You need to secure a provision for the spend with the accountants before you convince the IT department to tell the accountant that you need this monitor.

popolou5 m ago

Ah but then there's budgeting.You need to secure a provision for the spend …Ah but then there's budgeting.You need to secure a provision for the spend with the accountants before you convince the IT department to tell the accountant that you need this monitor.

IT should have set their budget at the start of the year. Staying within it is the IT managers problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions